Steve bruce interview BBC Sheffield imminent

42 minutes ago, Anus said:

Feels a bit like splitting with your missus, but having to live in the same house till you sell it...

:duntmatter:

37 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

I did that,  finished up with separate wash bins for clothes... even the double toaster was labelled to accept slices of bread in the correct slot! 

6a00e54ffb0bef8834016760aab37b970b-600wi.jpg.fbc95d95841b9b974108c4f4297f086b.jpg

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Yes that’s the key. What does it say in his contract? 

I can’t see there being a specified amount. If there is, what are they negotiating about? 

If Bruce feels DC is being unreasonable, I can see him walking. 

The question is, what happens then in terms of compo?

What usually happens is 'gardening leave'. If he was to walk then I could not see DC turning round and saying OK you can buy your way out of your contract for less than we would have got from Newcastle. He is more likely to drag it out and Newcastle might then need to look elsewhere.

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Wish you could lol had a graphic designer leave me right up poo creek once, left without notice and wanted paying up to the end of the month after leaving half way through. 

Cheeky rascal even tried to go legal because I didn’t pay the two weeks he didn’t turn up...... needless to say when we replied with a counter claim about loss of revenue from work not completed ( over 15k ) with customers he vanished quicker than a rat up a drainpipe. 

It's part of lifes rich tapestry as a business owner I find. Though the relief when someone hands their notice in who was crap and you  had been thinking of ways to move them out and now it's going to cost you nowt

30 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Well that’s how it should work. fizz Bruce.

Fizz Bruce indeed, which is why DC is right to command suitable compensation rather than letting him scuttle off as he sees fit, leaving Newcastle prepared for pre-season with their manager in place and us having to shop around.

9 minutes ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

The manager is under contract with another football club

It is this situation which can cause the most conflict as is often a scenario which comes into play when a club wishes to appoint a highly sought after manager. The small group of real high profile managers will in most instances be employed with a club, so if another club wishes to gain their services they will have to pay the price.

Do clubs have to pay a transfer fee for a manager for a manager who moves clubs in this manner?

If a football player under contract were to move in this manner the clubs would pay a transfer fee – the terms of which will be agreed upon by the two clubs. For a manager to move there is no specific transfer fee but the clubs do have to come to an arrangement.

What kind of arrangement?

The club who gains the services of the manager will be required to pay a fee to compensate the club who is losing the manager. The amount of compensation is a matter which will be agreed between the two clubs.

What is this compensation for?

When the manager leaves the club to which he was originally contracted he will be deemed to have terminated his contract early (a breach of the contract) meaning that the club will need to be compensated for this loss.

What happens if the clubs cannot agree an adequate amount of compensation?

If the manager moves between clubs and the clubs cannot agree on an adequate amount of compensation then due to the early termination of the contract the original club will be able to bring the following claims:

• Breach of contract – by the manager
  • Inducement to breach the contract – by the club obtaining his services

It is likely that both these claims are to be heard by a disciplinary tribunal which will decide on the adequate amount of compensation to be paid.

End of discussion!

29 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Triple the money and your new putative employer is willing to buy out your contract if you take up the job now and only now 

You still being loyal ?

HAve you been reading Eat Your Peas?

Is Ashley tripling his wage?

It would depend on attitude of the people already employing me and how much I would be letting them down - especially if they were paying me very very handsomely 

57 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Maybe.

And how do you think Bruce will feel about his employer, who will have denied him his one one only chance at his dream job at the highest level? So late in his career as well. 

3rd chance...turned it down twice

Guest wilyfox

He doesn't want to be here. His comments are disrespectful. All else pales into insignificance. He's got to go. 

Quite irritating to hear your current manager talk like that. Yeah, he said the right sort of things, but you could tell his mind was elsewhere. 

Very much got the impression he thought he would be on a plane to China by now. 

50 minutes ago, JackSWFC said:

And how should he feel about his potential employer, who, if he doesn’t pay up the compo, clearly was just after a cheap option and didn’t actually want Bruce that much anyway?

Dear Steve......so your current employer values you greater than the potential new employer does.... despite the sum being about 2% of Newcastle's income

Go figure

4 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Bruce just said that he had a chat with Newcastle & it was over before it started.

So was it that quick because he said I'm in?

Or was it that quick because he said, fk this, I'm off?

:Chansiri:

Or because Ashley said I'm not paying that much compo. :rolleyes:

Poor comments, and treating us like mugs really. 

“It’s happened really quickly...last two or three days”. Yeah of course it has. 

Oxley: “can you understand the fans frustration” 

Bruce “that’s football” 

We know that “that’s football”, Steve. We know it’s full of greedy two hats with no loyalty. But a decent explanation and some honesty wouldn’t go a miss. Think we deserve that at the very least. 

Edited by bigdan2003

Bruce came across as a true professional in the interview. He is sensible bloke and realises if Newcastle will not pay compensation or dispute level of compensation he is not going to be allowed loads of funds to strengthen squad. They have lost two leading goal scorers from last season and strikers not easy to come by. He was allowed to speak to Newcastle but said talks were all over before they began and said had to take stock of situation which confirms story I heard that they did not go as well as expected. Apparently had not considered his assistants. Newcastle will have to pay serious money for what they want and this goes against the grain for Ashley. I can not see DC bending (and he should not) and Ashley will be pressurised into a quick decision something he is not keen on doing. Think Bruce is putting pressure by saying 48 hours as beyond this makes it difficult whichever club he is at. 

Think it is 50 ; 50 as Ashley holds onto purse with both hands.

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

He doesn't want to be here. His comments are disrespectful. All else pales into insignificance. He's got to go. 

So are you suggesting we just take whatever amount we are being offered in compensation?

If there is any offer from Newcastle, they normally don’t like parting with cash 

1 minute ago, Quist said:

Bruce came across as a true professional in the interview. He is sensible bloke and realises if Newcastle will not pay compensation or dispute level of compensation he is not going to be allowed loads of funds to strengthen squad. They have lost two leading goal scorers from last season and strikers not easy to come by. He was allowed to speak to Newcastle but said talks were all over before they began and said had to take stock of situation which confirms story I heard that they did not go as well as expected. Apparently had not considered his assistants. Newcastle will have to pay serious money for what they want and this goes against the grain for Ashley. I can not see DC bending (and he should not) and Ashley will be pressurised into a quick decision something he is not keen on doing. Think Bruce is putting pressure by saying 48 hours as beyond this makes it difficult whichever club he is at. 

Think it is 50 ; 50 as Ashley holds onto purse with both hands.

I thought he came across like the two muppets wanting to be PM. Tell people what they want to hear to some degree whilst screwing them over. His tone was one of wanting to go. Putting pressure elsewhere by saying up to the clubs. I hope DC screws them for every penny.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Triple O said:
    • 2/2 SB: "It's in the hands of both clubs and we will see what develops over the next 24 to 48 hours. "It's football and it has come from nowhere really in the last two to three days so we will see what the weekend brings." #SWFC

14 replies8 retweets16 likes

Retweet

Direct message
    •  

1/2 SB has confirmed he has had a conversation with Newcastle this week. When asked would he like to be the next Newcastle manager, he replied: "Look, it has happened so quickly that I have got to take stock of the situation." #SWFC

4 replies9 retweets21 likes

Retweet

Direct message
    •  

Steve Bruce has spoken to the media. This is what he had to say on Newcastle: "Speculation is speculation. It's in the hands of the clubs. For me, at this particular moment, there is nothing really to talk about until the two clubs reach some sort of compromise." #SWFC

I would have had more respect for him if he had jyst said he wants yo leave , instead of swerving the issue.

Remember this is us, so the most obvious outcome (him going to the land of Toon) is in fact the most unlikely.

He will probably be manager against Reading even though that's the outcome no party really wants.

It is the Wednesday way. 

5 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Poor comments, and treating us like mugs really. 

“It’s happened really quickly...last two or three days”. Yeah of course it has. 

Oxley: “can you understand the fans frustration” 

Bruce “that’s football” 

We know that “that’s football”, Steve. We know it’s full of greedy two hats with no loyalty. But a decent explanation and some honesty wouldn’t go a miss. Think we deserve that at the very least. 

They offered the job to Allardyce in the past week so it did come up in the last few days