Steve bruce interview BBC Sheffield imminent

Guest mkowl

I know folk are a tad annoyed but the cheap jibes about his weight, appearance, etc are not needed for me. Question his loyalty etc but let's not descend this to playground level

10 minutes ago, Quist said:

Bruce came across as a true professional in the interview. He is sensible bloke and realises if Newcastle will not pay compensation or dispute level of compensation he is not going to be allowed loads of funds to strengthen squad. They have lost two leading goal scorers from last season and strikers not easy to come by. He was allowed to speak to Newcastle but said talks were all over before they began and said had to take stock of situation which confirms story I heard that they did not go as well as expected. Apparently had not considered his assistants. Newcastle will have to pay serious money for what they want and this goes against the grain for Ashley. I can not see DC bending (and he should not) and Ashley will be pressurised into a quick decision something he is not keen on doing. Think Bruce is putting pressure by saying 48 hours as beyond this makes it difficult whichever club he is at. 

Think it is 50 ; 50 as Ashley holds onto purse with both hands.

The way you put it makes a lot of sense.

Bruce is happy to be here, he's enjoyed being here.

But the opportunity to manage Newcastle in the premier league is not to be snuffed at and who can blame him (however disappointing it is). He's in a tricky situation, and if that falls through I believe he is quite happy to be here, so he can't say too much.

His tone does suggest he'll go if it is possible, but he's only willing to go if he can take his team with him etc. which is going to cost. So perhaps the meeting really didn't go so well, and Bruce is basically saying sort it out quickly or I am happy to manage Sheff Wed. 

Either way, I agree that there should be no compromise on compensation.

Edited by jomaco

He's acting like a sulky teenager. If he had spoke to them, didn't like what he heard, and decided to stay here......fair enough, I could've just about forgiven him for that. But to hear him say "it's up the club's" means he wants to go and is annoyed how difficult DC is making it. Tough sh*t Steve, f*ck off. His record of jumping ship to suit himself is embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, Glenn59 said:

I thought he came across like the two muppets wanting to be PM. Tell people what they want to hear to some degree whilst screwing them over. His tone was one of wanting to go. Putting pressure elsewhere by saying up to the clubs. I hope DC screws them for every penny.

The pressure is on Newcastle they have to pay up. It is up to us to accept. A manager is key to success he did say 24 48 hours which I think is good as it ends situation at that point.

Just now, mkowl said:

I know folk are a tad annoyed but the cheap jibes about his weight, appearance, etc are not needed for me. Question his loyalty etc but let's not descend this to playground level

Loyalty to who ?

He has no affinity with our club its a job 

He's been here 2 minutes 

Just now, S36 OWL said:

I would have had more respect for him if he had jyst said he wants yo leave , instead of swerving the issue.

To be fair he has to say that because if it doesn't go through hes stuck here , cant see DC sacking him now

1 minute ago, jomaco said:

The way you put it makes a lot of sense.

Bruce is happy to be here, he's enjoyed being here.

But the opportunity to manage Newcastle is the premier league is not to be snuffed at and who can blame him. He's in a tricky situation, and if that falls through I believe he is quite happy to be here, so he can't say too much.

He's only willing to go if he can take his team with him etc. which is going to cost. So perhaps the meeting really didn't go so well, and Bruce is basically saying sort it quickly out or I am happy to manage Sheff Wed. 

As i read it as well good post 

9 minutes ago, Quist said:

Bruce came across as a true professional in the interview. He is sensible bloke and realises if Newcastle will not pay compensation or dispute level of compensation he is not going to be allowed loads of funds to strengthen squad. They have lost two leading goal scorers from last season and strikers not easy to come by. He was allowed to speak to Newcastle but said talks were all over before they began and said had to take stock of situation which confirms story I heard that they did not go as well as expected. Apparently had not considered his assistants. Newcastle will have to pay serious money for what they want and this goes against the grain for Ashley. I can not see DC bending (and he should not) and Ashley will be pressurised into a quick decision something he is not keen on doing. Think Bruce is putting pressure by saying 48 hours as beyond this makes it difficult whichever club he is at. 

Think it is 50 ; 50 as Ashley holds onto purse with both hands.

He's a flipping idiot if he didn't know that already.  Benitez was pleading for years for loose change from the owner that rarely ever came.

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

So are you suggesting we just take whatever amount we are being offered in compensation?

If there is any offer from Newcastle, they normally don’t like parting with cash 

Compensation is important, and I admire DC's determination, but Bruce is right in that compromise is the way forward. We need committed management & staff. He's clearly not, and I don't think he's been here long enough for him to have personal attachment. There was a way back if he broke the silence in a certain way, but his remarks show no regard for Wednesday. Things have soured, and will deteriorate further if he remains. 

12 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Poor comments, and treating us like mugs really. 

“It’s happened really quickly...last two or three days”. Yeah of course it has. 

Oxley: “can you understand the fans frustration” 

Bruce “that’s football” 

We know that “that’s football”, Steve. We know it’s full of greedy two hats with no loyalty. But a decent explanation and some honesty wouldn’t go a miss. Think we deserve that at the very least. 

Let’s see if he thinks “that’s football” when him and his family are getting abused by the Newcastle fans. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Compensation is important, and I admire DC's determination, but Bruce is right in that compromise is the way forward. We need committed management & staff. He's clearly not, and I don't think he's been here long enough for him to have personal attachment. There was a way back if he broke the silence in a certain way, but his remarks show no regard for Wednesday. Things have soured, and will deteriorate further if he remains. 

compromise = MA writing a cheque for £5 million to DC. I hope DC stands his ground for every penny just to show NUFC that if they want him that's the price

I didn't really hear a manager that is desperate to get out of the door in the interview.

He's done what he should and listened to what's on offer, and perhaps it is in the hands of the clubs or perhaps he is maybe having a bit of a doubt about the role as well.

If he stays, it'd be a massive boost for all attached with the club, and could be the extra shot in the arm needed to get us up this season.

We've got some good pro's at the club that don't simply down tools when the manager goes, he's replaceable. Might not be the option we want, but the negative reaction to him going tells me that our fans value him and would be gutted if he went. 

That's what SB should be looking at here. 

• Like 1

It just needs sorting now, surely we can’t let it rumble on past the weekend. We need to know what direction the club is going in next season and who we have as manager. I hope Dc is working his arse off trying to get a new manager sorted for as soon as Ashley hopefully pays what DC wants. 

Guest Theboylangers
8 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Totally agree. 

Let's not give the fat t*at kebab lover the satisfaction of us calling him all the names under the sun. 

:Sid:

10 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Correct I will wait u.til leaves, then reference Dinner ladies,  mrs doubtfire et all

2 minutes ago, marshy said:

If it's not sorted by the Northampton game, I wonder what sort of reception he'll get.

If it's not happened what's the betting he verbally comitts to us just in time? 

verbally commits? wouldn't trust him at all

We should stick to our guns, play hard ball & demand whatever the release clause is in his contract. 

If Newcastle want him they will have to pay it, the manager is the most important position at a club so £5m is a drop in the ocean to a Prem club. 

Not only that but the timing of it is so poor & will really throw us off track so demanding the compo we are entitled to as per his deal is the least we deserve. 

I don't want it dragged out, rather he go & then be replaced quickly with as little fuss as possible BUT we can't allow Newcastle to walk all over us.