Steve bruce interview BBC Sheffield imminent

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

This is basically Bruce trying to push the issue. He knows how fans will react and what pressure that will put in DC. What a conker.

He a fu***** con artist good with his mouth i know 1 thing i wont be singing his name

17 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hope he isn’t in charge of another game for us. He doesn’t want to be here. 

It reads to me that he wants to keep his options open. Nothing in what he said indicates that he wouldn't be happy staying here if the Newcastle offer falls through.

In such circumstances I think it's fine if we're doing the same by opening talks with potential replacements, but I'd still be delighted if the Steves end up staying.

Also, bit of a side point: Mike Ashley will be licking his lips if we start getting hostile towards SB, it could end up saving him about 5 million quid.

Just now, Dan™ said:

It reads to me that he wants to keep his options open. Nothing in what he said indicates that he wouldn't be happy staying here if the Newcastle offer falls through.

In such circumstances I think it's fine if we're doing the same by opening talks with potential replacements, but I'd still be delighted if the Steves end up staying.

Also, bit of a side point: Mike Ashley will be licking his lips if we start getting hostile towards SB, it could end up saving him about 5 million quid.

Best post i've read about this situation since it first came to notice 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_sheffield

Starts at 15.14 

To me he's just been honest still no need to slag him off 

Personally i hope it falls through and we keep him if it doesn't then we'll bring in someone else and move on 

You hope we keep a manager who doesn’t want to be here?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313

Doesn’t matter what Bruce wants, he’s under contract here. We set the price at whatever we deem is sufficient compensation for the upheaval to our season. Newcastle then either pay up or move on.

If they move on, then Bruce can either stay or resign but won’t be able to manage again this season. 

Don’t think Chansiri will care about turning down a couple of million given what happened with the George Hirst transfer and others where we’ve refused to sell. They need to make us an offer we can’t refuse, so £5m+

2 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

You hope we keep a manager who doesn’t want to be here?

why has he disrepeck us innit 

He's a professional Manager who wants to move to a better position if that position falls through i fully expect him to be professional at SWFC 

• Haha 1

Notice he didn't answer the question, 'would you be happy to stay?' 

He definitely wants the Newcastle job.

Gives Ashley an advantage in negotiations. He knows Chansiri can't realistically hold on to a manager who wants out.