Steve bruce interview BBC Sheffield imminent

Ok use your logic and defend him..Ive got behind our club since I was 13, spent too much money on it and I'll defend it above anything in football..

Turns out Bruce was/is a mercenary..We should have seen the signs...

Bruce could have waited a bit longer and held out for the Newcastle/Hartlepool/Gateshead/North Shields FC/Byker Grove FC jobs

Get him out of the club asap and move on. If he has to stay he will not be very happy. If he thinks the Newcastle job will be better than being at Hillsborough he is in for a big shock and why would anyone want to work for someone like Ashley.

The chairman has taken some stick but I think we all need to applaud him for showing some balls here and making it very difficult for Ashley. I also like that he had Bruce down at Lincoln today and I hope he had a very uncomfortable afternoon. 

Bruce needs to go now for sure but if we can get £3-4m and we bring in Hughton, then surely this is a good deal for the club. 

1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Ok use your logic and defend him..Ive got behind our club since I was 13, spent too much money on it and I'll defend it above anything in football..

Turns out Bruce was/is a mercenary..We should have seen the signs...

Bruce could have waited a bit longer and held out for the Newcastle/Hartlepool/Gateshead/North Shields FC/Byker Grove FC jobs

No sh it Sherlock just like almost everyone else in Football 

8 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Maybe.

And how do you think Bruce will feel about his employer, who will have denied him his one one only chance at his dream job at the highest level? So late in his career as well. 

Thats my worry as well. If he doesn’t get to go I really don’t think his heart will be in the job with us. 

5 minutes ago, Anus said:

Feels a bit like splitting with your missus, but having to live in the same house till you sell it...

:duntmatter:

I did that,  finished up with separate wash bins for clothes... even the double toaster was labelled to accept slices of bread in the correct slot! 

Edited by owls-swfc
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I guess we are about to find out,  he will either be professional and do his job like at training yesterday and at Lincoln today. 

Or he will spit his dummy out and do something silly.  

If Chansiri doesn’t let him go and Bruce stays professional I have zero problems.  

If he spits his dummy out , then obv I will lose all respect. 

Lets see what happens 

Well I think there’s a very high possibility Bruce will walk if a compensation figure can’t be agreed. But we’ll see.

He won’t get another chance at a job like this and I’m sure he knows that

8 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Maybe.

And how do you think Bruce will feel about his employer, who will have denied him his one one only chance at his dream job at the highest level? So late in his career as well. 

Not quite true that tho is it. 

Its not his one and only chance, its his 3rd. He føøkd the first two up himself. 

• Haha 1

I think the interview at face value is fair enough. But I think his desire to be at Newcastle is much stronger than he makes out and I think matters are more probably more advanced than he makes out also. 

His reaction when asked about incoming transfers the big “errr there’s nothing on the horizon” is a fair hint.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

So a bloke in football cant change jobs without hating the fans and people at his current job ?

Its perfectly reasonable that Bruce can have the utmost respect for everything about SWFC fans included and still want to move to a Premier League club when they come calling 

It is also perfectly reasonable for Bruce to accept that a Championship club with financial constraints ought not to sell off its assets cheaply to a Premiership club who openly state they will give their manager about 90 million to spend. Why not just give him 85?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

I love wednesday mate, I really do, but he’s been offered a bigger job. I know pride hurts but Ashley being a tailface or not, it is a bigger job and unfortunately for us it’s the team he supported, although I think most managers in the championship would jump to any team in the prem regardless of which team. 

Its not great for us but it happens, I still do t think DC will let him go. That’s when we will see how professional Bruce is.  If he carries on with his job as normal then that’s fine with me.  

Honestly want this saga over by Tuesday or Wednesday

11 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Maybe.

And how should he feel about his potential employer, who, if he doesn’t pay up the compo, clearly was just after a cheap option and didn’t actually want Bruce that much anyway?

14 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Maybe.

All depends on what is in the contracts really.

If Bruce and his staff signed contracts that value them at up to £5M then that is what they felt they were worth to us and shouldn't now complain at us wanting to get that fee.

Anything over and above then Bruce will feel perturbed.

His current employer gave him the chance to take a month off and relax when the majority of the football world saw that as a foolish thing to do and he should remember that. 

If a PL club with a turnover inside the top 20 football clubs in Europe do not feel the manager they want is worth paying a few million for then what does that say about how highly they regard him.

Edited by Guest

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

It is also perfectly reasonable for Bruce to accept that a Championship club with financial constraints ought not to sell off its assets cheaply to a Premiership club who openly state they will give their manager about 90 million to spend. Why not just give him 85?

You'll have to point out where i've ever posted that we shouldn't hold out for substantial compensation 

I'm just beyond caring if he goes ok we'll get someone else and move on if he stays and does his job properly we have a very good Championship Manager still in charge 

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

All depends on what is in the contracts really.

If Bruce and his staff signed contracts that value them at up to £5M then that is what they felt they were worth to us and shouldn't now complain at us wanting to get that fee.

Anything over and above then Bruce will feel perturbed.

His current employer gave him the chance to take a month off and relax when the majority of the football world saw that as a foolish thing to do and he should remember that. 

No we didn't don't rewrite history we approached him to become our Manager and he informed us he wasn't available until Feb and DC chose to wait DC could equally have said ok no probs we'll go elsewhere 

Edited by Lawrie Madden
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

So a bloke in football cant change jobs without hating the fans and people at his current job ?

Its perfectly reasonable that Bruce can have the utmost respect for everything about SWFC fans included and still want to move to a Premier League club when they come calling 

I work in a  profession in which people

sign short term contracts. If I sign a contract and a better job comes up I kick myself and do the job I’m contracted to do. Simple as.

• Like 1