Steve bruce interview BBC Sheffield imminent

7 minutes ago, Charlie Chuck said:

It's like meeting a woman who's had a bad experience in her last relationship. 

You get to know her and she agrees to move in but needs a holiday first to sort her head out. You bend over backwards to accommodate everything she needs and she moves in a couple of months later with you and the kids and everyone is getting on great.

Then some obnoxious cheeky monkey who she was at school with and says was her first love gets in touch. Despite the fact that everyone knows he is a cheeky monkey and his kids wants nothing to do with her, she meets him to talk about moving in with him and leaving you.

I doubt many people would be grovelling to have her back and would wish that she moves in with him, that he chucks her out before Christmas and she ends up some sad, lonely old woman with no partner and some shitty bed sit down Page Hall.

Steve Bruce is that woman and I, for one, will be glad to see the back of him.

Now, now let's not get too nasty.  Hoping she ends up a sad, lonely old woman with no partner & a shitty bedsit is fair enough, but hoping she lives in Page Hall is taking it too far.

:Sid:

2 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Well I think there’s a very high possibility Bruce will walk if a compensation figure can’t be agreed. But we’ll see.

He won’t get another chance at a job like this and I’m sure he knows that

He isn't entitled to walk. He'll have to work his contract.

If he could walk, what would be the point of the compensation clause?

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t think we should be mugged off in compensation. But the longer this drags out, the more uncertainty round the club.

It needs to be sorted ASAP. 

Agree - but if there is a contractual compensation clause, this should only be done by imposing a deadline on Newcastle to agree it in full or withdraw their interest in Bruce.

Yes that’s the key. What does it say in his contract? 

I can’t see there being a specified amount. If there is, what are they negotiating about? 

If Bruce feels DC is being unreasonable, I can see him walking. 

The question is, what happens then in terms of compo?

The contract could say 5M and Newcastle believe they can pressure Wednesday into relaxing it.

Bruce isn't entitled to walk.

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

What is the grounds for your claim

Can I sue another firm of accountants or recruitment agency if one of my staff leaves and I have no one to do accounts for 2 months. 

It depends what's in the contract. I negotiate freelance contracts for professional services for people we hire for projects in our business. 

All of them, because of the nature of our business, accept fixed term contracts without the right for them to terminate early, although we can. The idea is that their services are non-subsitutable.

In the position that's most analagous to the manager, there is a quid pro quo (because there are few jobs at that level), which is that if we terminate early, we pay the contract up. But the contractor is committed for the length of the contract.

Guest Bulgaria
23 minutes ago, Charlie Chuck said:

I doubt many people would be grovelling to have her back

What's she like in the bedroom?

Yes that’s the key. What does it say in his contract? 

I can’t see there being a specified amount. If there is, what are they negotiating about? 

If Bruce feels DC is being unreasonable, I can see him walking. 

The question is, what happens then in terms of compo?

It’ll go to court and we’ll get less / next to nowt

its the Wednesday way

Guest Bulgaria
20 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Anyone got a cabbage to hand? :duntmatter:

Morrisons. Really soggy an all.

Bought 3 this morning.

23 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Difference being he's turned down his 'dream' club before and even managed their bitter rivals. 

Turned it down twice according to reports...can’t have been paying enough on these occasions

3 hours ago, Triple O said:
    • 2/2 SB: "It's in the hands of both clubs and we will see what develops over the next 24 to 48 hours. "It's football and it has come from nowhere really in the last two to three days so we will see what the weekend brings." #SWFC

14 replies8 retweets16 likes

Retweet

Direct message
    •  

1/2 SB has confirmed he has had a conversation with Newcastle this week. When asked would he like to be the next Newcastle manager, he replied: "Look, it has happened so quickly that I have got to take stock of the situation." #SWFC

4 replies9 retweets21 likes

Retweet

Direct message
    •  

Steve Bruce has spoken to the media. This is what he had to say on Newcastle: "Speculation is speculation. It's in the hands of the clubs. For me, at this particular moment, there is nothing really to talk about until the two clubs reach some sort of compromise." #SWFC

for me that's him going as soon as the clubs agree a fee.

1 hour ago, Charlie Chuck said:

It's like meeting a woman who's had a bad experience in her last relationship. 

You get to know her and she agrees to move in but needs a holiday first to sort her head out. You bend over backwards to accommodate everything she needs and she moves in a couple of months later with you and the kids and everyone is getting on great.

Then some obnoxious cheeky monkey who she was at school with and says was her first love gets in touch. Despite the fact that everyone knows he is a cheeky monkey and his kids wants nothing to do with her, she meets him to talk about moving in with him and leaving you.

I doubt many people would be grovelling to have her back and would wish that she moves in with him, that he chucks her out before Christmas and she ends up some sad, lonely old woman with no partner and some shitty bed sit down Page Hall.

Steve Bruce is that woman and I, for one, will be glad to see the back of him.

54 minutes ago, marconi said:

Post of the week!

till I read the last line I thought she was going to get done in.

• Haha 1

Guest gizowl
3 minutes ago, waynecoyne14 said:

they have 30m for ayoze perez which is a vast overvaluation imo-why can't they pay3-4 m if they want him?

if they won't pay it make him stay here

not that I want that the fat coont can fizz off for me

Plus 100mill from sky, plus mill minimum for that young kid man utd bound, Chelsea rang derby, asked for permission to speak to Lampard, agreed to pay compensation package if a deal was completed, but Ashley's a total classless tool,if Bruce wants to work for him then let him get on with it.