Steve bruce interview BBC Sheffield imminent

59 minutes ago, Triple O said:
    • 2/2 SB: "It's in the hands of both clubs and we will see what develops over the next 24 to 48 hours. "It's football and it has come from nowhere really in the last two to three days so we will see what the weekend brings." #SWFC

14 replies8 retweets16 likes

Retweet

Direct message
    •  

1/2 SB has confirmed he has had a conversation with Newcastle this week. When asked would he like to be the next Newcastle manager, he replied: "Look, it has happened so quickly that I have got to take stock of the situation." #SWFC

4 replies9 retweets21 likes

Retweet

Direct message
    •  

Steve Bruce has spoken to the media. This is what he had to say on Newcastle: "Speculation is speculation. It's in the hands of the clubs. For me, at this particular moment, there is nothing really to talk about until the two clubs reach some sort of compromise." #SWFC

If there is a specific compensation amount specified in the contract you & your agent signed Brucie then there's no compromise to be made. It's pay up or shut up for Ashley & you Brucie should respect that.

Feeling pretty disappointed about this situation. 

Finally get a decent manager after watching old jos the dross. Bruce gets us up and running. We give him the time he needs away from football and rightly so. 

He is with us a matter of months before wanting away from the club that gave him a job after his sacking from villa.

Really liked this guy and always have. We all have our dream job and I get the connection for him and I dont blame him from having a tricky decision to wrestle over in his mind.

But to want away a matter of months into building something with us for me is disappointing. Pretty poor behaviour for me. 

I wish him well but think he is making a massive mistake with this one.

As much I like him however even if it doesn't come off, I dont really want him at the helm of my club waiting for his next better offer and payday. I would be pretty pissed if I had renewed my ST ( I cant this year as it happens). I would be pretty pissed if I had just signed for the club. I would be furious if were the chairman who has been poo on. 

UtO

Edited by Owl1987
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

No we didn't don't rewrite history we approached him to become our Manager and he informed us he wasn't available until Feb and DC chose to wait DC could equally have said ok no probs we''l go elsewhere 

It means the same thing. We showed how much we wanted him and allowed him to relax until February, taking on his backroom staff in the meantime. Yes we could have chosen to look elsewhere but DC showed patience and Bruce showed he wanted the job.

Just now, rickygoo said:

I work in a  profession in which people

sign short term contracts. If I sign a contract and a better job comes up I kick myself and do the job I’m contracted to do. Simple as.

Well as has been pointed out about my post Football isn't like the real world is it and if you had a get out clause vi compensation and a better job came up that was more to your taste would you not trigger your get out 

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I work in a  profession in which people

sign short term contracts. If I sign a contract and a better job comes up I kick myself and do the job I’m contracted to do. Simple as.

That's not how football works and you know it.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It means the same thing. We showed how much we wanted him and allowed him to relax until February, taking on his backroom staff in the meantime. Yes we could have chosen to look elsewhere but DC showed patience and Bruce showed he wanted the job.

It does not mean the same thing at all 

DC didn't allow Bruce anything DC chose to wait for his man 

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Well as has been pointed out about my post Football isn't like the real world is it and if you had a get out clause vi compensation and a better job came up that was more to your taste would you not trigger your get out 

Actually I wouldn’t no.  I do have a months notice in contracts but I value loyalty. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Actually I wouldn’t no.  I do have a months notice in contracts but I value loyalty. 

Triple the money and your new putative employer is willing to buy out your contract if you take up the job now and only now 

You still being loyal ?

Guest samowl
16 minutes ago, JackSWFC said:

And how should he feel about his potential employer, who, if he doesn’t pay up the compo, clearly was just after a cheap option and didn’t actually want Bruce that much anyway?

And might only be his employer for a couple of weeks given he's supposed to want to sell Newcastle 

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

All depends on what is in the contracts really.

If Bruce and his staff signed contracts that value them at up to £5M then that is what they felt they were worth to us and shouldn't now complain at us wanting to get that fee.

Anything over and above then Bruce will feel perturbed.

Yes that’s the key. What does it say in his contract? 

I can’t see there being a specified amount. If there is, what are they negotiating about? 

If Bruce feels DC is being unreasonable, I can see him walking. 

The question is, what happens then in terms of compo?

Guest mkowl
40 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

tenor (2).gif

What is the grounds for your claim

Can I sue another firm of accountants or recruitment agency if one of my staff leaves and I have no one to do accounts for 2 months. 

14 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Triple the money and your new putative employer is willing to buy out your contract if you take up the job now and only now 

You still being loyal ?

The new employer is willing to buy out his contract?

Might want to let Chansiri know that, because last time I checked Mike Ashley was offering vouchers from Sports Direct. 

Guest Bulgaria
46 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I've moved jobs and still liked the place and people i was leaving behind 

Their still celebrating I believe.:Sid:

2 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Yes that’s the key. What does it say in his contract? 

I can’t see there being a specified amount. If there is, what are they negotiating about? 

If Bruce feels DC is being unreasonable, I can see him walking. 

The question is, what happens then in terms of compo?

The manager is under contract with another football club

It is this situation which can cause the most conflict as is often a scenario which comes into play when a club wishes to appoint a highly sought after manager. The small group of real high profile managers will in most instances be employed with a club, so if another club wishes to gain their services they will have to pay the price.

Do clubs have to pay a transfer fee for a manager for a manager who moves clubs in this manner?

If a football player under contract were to move in this manner the clubs would pay a transfer fee – the terms of which will be agreed upon by the two clubs. For a manager to move there is no specific transfer fee but the clubs do have to come to an arrangement.

What kind of arrangement?

The club who gains the services of the manager will be required to pay a fee to compensate the club who is losing the manager. The amount of compensation is a matter which will be agreed between the two clubs.

What is this compensation for?

When the manager leaves the club to which he was originally contracted he will be deemed to have terminated his contract early (a breach of the contract) meaning that the club will need to be compensated for this loss.

What happens if the clubs cannot agree an adequate amount of compensation?

If the manager moves between clubs and the clubs cannot agree on an adequate amount of compensation then due to the early termination of the contract the original club will be able to bring the following claims:

• Breach of contract – by the manager
  • Inducement to breach the contract – by the club obtaining his services

It is likely that both these claims are to be heard by a disciplinary tribunal which will decide on the adequate amount of compensation to be paid.

• Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

It does not mean the same thing at all 

DC didn't allow Bruce anything DC chose to wait for his man 

But Bruce clearly wanted the job otherwise there was no point in waiting. He agreed to his trip to the Bahamas while at the same time appointing Bruce's backroom staff. It was a mutual agreement and one which Bruce was clearly thankful for at the time. He got the job he wanted at the time and the time off he needed before starting.