Steve bruce interview BBC Sheffield imminent

16 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Even if he is still the best man to get us into the promotion places?

It’s a little like cutting your nose off the spite you’re face isn’t it?

I’d argue Mourinho is the best man for the job but like Bruce, he doesn’t want to be here either 

12 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Loyalty to the contract he signed (willingly rather than with a gun to his head)?

ive absolutely no problem with him wanting to go to Newcastle.

There’s already compromise been made.  DC has allowed him to speak to Newcastle.  But there is no further compromise to be had.  

Either Fat Mike meets what he is contractually required to pay, or SB doesn’t go.  And if DC is sticking to the figure, who can blame him.  SB has just extended the playing contracts of Westwood, Palmer with Lee imminent, and signed Borner, Harris, Odebajo .... fair enough if you accept it’s happened in the last few days ... but we now have these players on our books and who is to say SB’s replacement will ‘fancy’ them.  So get full compensation as it may well be required to offset players sidelined by SB’s impending departure.  

Spoke to DC today.  He looked fed up.  He just said ‘Newcastle won’t pay’.  Poor bloke.

Onto the issue of the whether a sudden interest in SB with some saying the Allardyce offer (which NUFC deny) shows it was sudden, well having reflected I think that’s all horse crap.  Allardyce and Bruce are no doubt mates and Allardyce has done some of SB’s dirty work for him.

Lastly, I wonder if Alex Bruce will be taking to social media to defend his father as he vigorously did when responding to Murphy and Gullet questioning whether he would have requested a delayed start to employment if it had been Man Utd. I won’t hold my breath.

In my opinion after that interview today I’ve changed my opinion on him.  The interview was is professional, it’s disrespectful to the club, the chairman and the fans.  

Well said

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

No because I'm fine with my nose, its done nothing to upset my face and that's why i won't cut it off. Its called commitment, SB is showing none after being in a job for 3 months so if NUFC don't pay up then he will wait for the next Prem payday. 

If you don't expect this after this debacle then you're misguided. 

I don’t believe that to be the case, I don’t think he would have considered a move to many clubs other than Newcastle (or if one of the big Prem clubs had approached him, which wouldn’t happen).

So I don’t think I’m misguided in the slightest.

Having said that I’m not condoning what’s happened and am really frustrated at the timing, let’s face it, it couldn’t have been worse and may have well have serious consequences before we’ve even kicked a ball.

That really is why I would be prepared to give him a chance, I think the alternative could be another average season, leading to financial problems next season.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Don't get the luv in for bruce by some, he's been here 10 mins and done fa yet. He ain't the tw@tting messiah.

It could still fall through, hope very much hope ..it doesn't.

The fact he has a good record at this level and steadied a very rocky ship when we got rid of Jos is why people rate him.

Yes there are other good managers out there but there also managers akin to Jos Luhukay, DC's record at picking em is a bit hit and miss which is why it is disappointing to lose a good one.

His comments show he doesn't expect to be here much longer though so we need to have the right man lined up before we kick him out the door.

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

I’d argue Mourinho is the best man for the job but like Bruce, he doesn’t want to be here either 

HaHa I honestly would think Bruce would do a better job here than Mourinho - could you imagine :Chansiri:

Don't make excuses for the greedy git of it's just a job, you'd do the same blah blah bla.

Bruce has shafted us showing no loyalty to the chairman who has given him a very good contract.

If deal falls through I wouldn't want him as our manager after this.

Get back to your pal Bruce and get him to cough up, pack your bags and feck off.

Just listened to the interview. The bloke just talks in soundbites doesn't he. Could be a politician talking. 

Get Bullen in charge and make Bruce sit in the corner of the West facing away from us so we don't have to look at his selfish very well fed face. 

The c. U. N. T

25 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Loyalty to the contract he signed (willingly rather than with a gun to his head)?

ive absolutely no problem with him wanting to go to Newcastle.

There’s already compromise been made.  DC has allowed him to speak to Newcastle.  But there is no further compromise to be had.  

Either Fat Mike meets what he is contractually required to pay, or SB doesn’t go.  And if DC is sticking to the figure, who can blame him.  SB has just extended the playing contracts of Westwood, Palmer with Lee imminent, and signed Borner, Harris, Odebajo .... fair enough if you accept it’s happened in the last few days ... but we now have these players on our books and who is to say SB’s replacement will ‘fancy’ them.  So get full compensation as it may well be required to offset players sidelined by SB’s impending departure.  

Spoke to DC today.  He looked fed up.  He just said ‘Newcastle won’t pay’.  Poor bloke.

Onto the issue of the whether a sudden interest in SB with some saying the Allardyce offer (which NUFC deny) shows it was sudden, well having reflected I think that’s all horse crap.  Allardyce and Bruce are no doubt mates and Allardyce has done some of SB’s dirty work for him.

Lastly, I wonder if Alex Bruce will be taking to social media to defend his father as he vigorously did when responding to Murphy and Gullet questioning whether he would have requested a delayed start to employment if it had been Man Utd. I won’t hold my breath.

In my opinion after that interview today I’ve changed my opinion on him.  The interview was is professional, it’s disrespectful to the club, the chairman and the fans.  

Youre right about Allardyce, he was talking round uns 

What he should have said: 

“Newcastle is my home town club and of course I would like to manage them during my career. This has come out of the blue and I may never get the chance again so it’s difficult. Sheffield Wednesday have treated me very well and I find it a very difficult situation. Of course the clubs may not reach a compromise and if that’s the case I will be very happy to continue as manager of this great club. If the clubs  do reach an agreement then I will need to think hard but I will make my decision as soon as I find out.”

“I can only apologise to the fans I know this is bad timing and we are looking forward to next season.”

Or something. 

Instead he showed a real lack of respect for the fans and club with what he said. He can go, and will be better off with Hughton.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's like meeting a woman who's had a bad experience in her last relationship. 

You get to know her and she agrees to move in but needs a holiday first to sort her head out. You bend over backwards to accommodate everything she needs and she moves in a couple of months later with you and the kids and everyone is getting on great.

Then some obnoxious cheeky monkey who she was at school with and says was her first love gets in touch. Despite the fact that everyone knows he is a cheeky monkey and his kids wants nothing to do with her, she meets him to talk about moving in with him and leaving you.

I doubt many people would be grovelling to have her back and would wish that she moves in with him, that he chucks her out before Christmas and she ends up some sad, lonely old woman with no partner and some shitty bed sit down Page Hall.

Steve Bruce is that woman and I, for one, will be glad to see the back of him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

I like Bruce. Newcastle are his Club. It would be the same for any of us if we were in the same position and Wednesday came calling. 

Yes they are,they were when he turned the job down the 1st time,they were when he turned the job down the 2nd time,now it would appear that the "Big guns" don't want it,they've scrolled down a list and have arrived at Bruce,3rd time lucky for him eh,The issue is compensation,this swfc aint having it shoved up em,like we've played the little man previously.............................

Edited by DELUDED OWL

2 hours ago, folger said:

I wanted Bruce to stay but now I just hope Chansiri finds a new guy and the Newcastle deal falls though. No other employer outside of football would tolerate this nonsense.

Agree completely. Would be very good for us to press on and get another manager in and sack SB. Time is pressing to now recover the pre-season. Seems like the clubs making an approach/tap-up always hold the upper hand. They know that if the manager wants the move then there is little point for the losing club to put up with whatever pump offer is put their way. Almost no point fighting it if a managers head is turned. SB is a complete *********** imo after all this. Waited over a month and danced around all the stipulations to get him in. Who knows what may have happened last season if we had got a manager in who clicked. Maybe we may have made it to the Playoffs. Who knows.

7 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

I like Bruce. Newcastle are his Club. It would be the same for any of us if we were in the same position and Wednesday came calling. 

Difference being he's turned down his 'dream' club before and even managed their bitter rivals. 

6 minutes ago, Charlie Chuck said:

It's like meeting a woman who's had a bad experience in her last relationship. 

You get to know her and she agrees to move in but needs a holiday first to sort her head out. You bend over backwards to accommodate everything she needs and she moves in a couple of months later with you and the kids and everyone is getting on great.

Then some obnoxious cheeky monkey who she was at school with and says was her first love gets in touch. Despite the fact that everyone knows he is a cheeky monkey and his kids wants nothing to do with her, she meets him to talk about moving in with him and leaving you.

I doubt many people would be grovelling to have her back and would wish that she moves in with him, that he chucks her out before Christmas and she ends up some sad, lonely old woman with no partner and some shitty bed sit down Page Hall.

Steve Bruce is that woman and I, for one, will be glad to see the back of him.

Post of the week!

• Thanks 1