Steve bruce interview BBC Sheffield imminent

Guest domSWFC

Could we sue for the effect this has had on our preseason? 

If United can sue for missing a penalty and a striker scoring a goal in another match so can we? 

He's a good talker, I'll give him that.

You almost get hoodwinked in by him if you don't listen close enough.

The gist of that is he wants out. Don't fall for all the false platitudes about how great our fans are etc. 

• Like 1

If Bruce wants the job so much he can just pay half the 5 million himself. 

Sorted.

Gets his dream job then doesn't he? After all, it's the dream job he's after not the money...right?

• Thanks 1

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, domSWFC said:

Could we sue for the effect this has had on our preseason? 

If United can sue for missing a penalty and a striker scoring a goal in another match so can we? 

No 

Anyone who thinks that DC will budge over the compensation demands will be disappointed.

DC will stick to what is written in the contract which was obviously agreed by SB & his agent.

Newcastle want him then prove it and pay the money, there is no other way.

It feels like we’ve been cheated on some flash git has come on to the mrs and she’s had her turned. It won’t last and it won’t work out for her but the damage is now done 

let’s get a quick a decent divorce settlement and hope we land another beauty and those other two can fail together 

such a shame 

Just now, SiJ said:

The gist of that is he wants out. Don't fall for all the false platitudes about how great our fans are etc. 

There was no gist 

He wants the move no one has said any different

And why does that mean that the things he said about the club false ? I've moved jobs and still liked the place and people i was leaving behind 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

He is a good talker. But the bloke wants the move. Let’s all see if for what it is. A man wants to move to a job he thinks he’ll be happier at. 

Simple really. Leaves us in a bit of a state and not ideal timing, but that is football. As Wednesday fans we are really not used to it, as we never lose our assets. 

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I don’t think DC will give a throw tbh, we all know is negotiation stance. I honestly think even if Newcastle offer is ten mill he will tell them to go away. And in this case rightly so. 

Maybe.

And how do you think Bruce will feel about his employer, who will have denied him his one one only chance at his dream job at the highest level? So late in his career as well. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Yeah, no offence, but you switching jobs is a bit different to multi millionaires switching from football club to football club.

That's unless your employers have a core fanbase of 20 to 25,000. 

Then I do apologise.

So a bloke in football cant change jobs without hating the fans and people at his current job ?

Its perfectly reasonable that Bruce can have the utmost respect for everything about SWFC fans included and still want to move to a Premier League club when they come calling 

4 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Anyone thinking Bruce's desire to go will weaken DC's negotiating position are mistaken. Bruce knows how DC deal with "agreements" with Norwich and "the £7m option fee". So Bruce will be on to Ashley that DC won't budge.

I don’t think we should be mugged off in compensation. But the longer this drags out, the more uncertainty round the club.

It needs to be sorted ASAP. 

• Thanks 1