Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Don’t care what anyone says who think they know betting odds etc, bookies very rarely get these things wrong, the signs were there yesterday and it’s looking very likely. 

I just hope if it is wrong (slim chance I know) that our fans don’t start jumping up and down on bruce and bad mouthing him. 

Yeh , I’m fully up for supporting Bruce if he bails out and shows us absolutely ZERO respect after we allowed him and supported his compassionate leave before he came in here 

all Chansiri’s fault innit, broken promises etc etc

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

He supported them as a kid though and used to watch them so they're "his" team as much as Wednesday are somebody's who lives in Chesterfield but supports us. Bit more worryingly I've found that his wife is also from the same area so she probably wouldn't be adverse to moving back up there either.

They may be his team, but if he was a huge fan i don't think he'd have gone Sunderland. Do you?

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Newcastle isn't Bruce's hometown!!!!

He was born 16 miles away, he isn't from Newcastle.

Find it amazing you have the critical thinking skills to look on his wikipedia page at his place of birth, but not the critical thinking skills to come to the realisation that people don't stand in perpetuity in their location of birth until they turn 18.

To help you out:

Bruce was born in Corbridge in Northumberland, the elder of two sons of Joe and Sheenagh Bruce.[3] His father was local, and his mother had been born in Bangor in Northern Ireland.[4][5] The family lived in Daisy Hill near Wallsend,[6] and Bruce attended Benfield School.[7]

Bruce, a boyhood fan of Newcastle United, claims to have sneaked into St James' Parkwithout paying to watch the team play, saying "I have always been a Newcastle lad and when I was a kid, I crawled under the turnstiles to get in to try and save a bob or whatever it was. They were my team, I went to support them as a boy and being a Geordie it's in-bred, you follow the club still the same today."[8] Like several other future professionals from the area,[9] he played football for Wallsend Boys Club.[8] He was also selected for the Newcastle Schools representative team, and at the age of 13 was among a group of players from the team selected to serve as ball boys at the 1974 League Cup Final at Wembley Stadium.[10]

To help you out further, Wallsend is in east Newcastle. Benfield School is in central Newcastle. 

You can choose to keep repeating with absolute confidence and zero irony that "Bruce is not from Newcastle", based upon your extremely bizarre criteria for what determines someone's hometown and counter to what Steve Bruce himself has said, from his own mouth... or you can admit that you're repeatedly saying something demonstrably untrue based on your own determinations. Your choice.

Just now, peacock1961 said:

Think the only stumbling block here could be his entourage, have read somewhere that Ashley doesn't want to pay for assistant's, new physios etc. This could be what is holding things up. Bruce has put his team together over quite a few years and he might show some loyalty to them. 

With our luck he'll leave them here, then whoever we get brings in his own staff and we have to pay a big chunk of the Bruce compo on sacking Agnew / Clemence

Calm down all the drama Queen's....................he is NOT a success given...........we lost at home to QPR last match..........a bad start this season & we would be calling for change.....if he is not committed to us & the task ahead..........then........ta ta Brucie...............you reap what you sow so beware !!

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Find it amazing you have the critical thinking skills to look on his wikipedia page at his place of birth, but not the critical thinking skills to come to the realisation that people don't stand in perpetuity in their location of birth until they turn 18.

To help you out:

Bruce was born in Corbridge in Northumberland, the elder of two sons of Joe and Sheenagh Bruce.[3] His father was local, and his mother had been born in Bangor in Northern Ireland.[4][5] The family lived in Daisy Hill near Wallsend,[6] and Bruce attended Benfield School.[7]

Bruce, a boyhood fan of Newcastle United, claims to have sneaked into St James' Parkwithout paying to watch the team play, saying "I have always been a Newcastle lad and when I was a kid, I crawled under the turnstiles to get in to try and save a bob or whatever it was. They were my team, I went to support them as a boy and being a Geordie it's in-bred, you follow the club still the same today."[8] Like several other future professionals from the area,[9] he played football for Wallsend Boys Club.[8] He was also selected for the Newcastle Schools representative team, and at the age of 13 was among a group of players from the team selected to serve as ball boys at the 1974 League Cup Final at Wembley Stadium.[10]

To help you out further, Wallsend is in east Newcastle. Benfield School is in central Newcastle. 

You can choose to keep repeating with absolute confidence and zero irony that "Bruce is not from Newcastle", based upon your extremely bizarre criteria for what determines someone's hometown and counter to what Steve Bruce himself has said, from his own mouth... or you can admit that you're repeatedly saying something demonstrably untrue based on your own determinations. Your choice.

He was born 16 miles away from the city centre. That means he isn't a Newcastle boy.

He just support the club, but newcastle isn't his hometown as people are suggesting it is.

1 minute ago, Drones club said:

Yes. But they suspended betting on Paul Lambert being appointed by Wednesday. That was wrong.

I'm looking at posts like this and clutching on to them as we plummet from the land of hope into a bottomless pit of eternal damnation.

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He was born 16 miles away from the city centre. That means he isn't a Newcastle boy.

He just support the club, but newcastle isn't his hometown as people are suggesting it is.

So someone born in Doncaster but moved to Sheffield when they're 6, where they did most of their growing up and went to school and watched their football and made their friends and matured into a young man within the Sheffield city limits... in fact has no rights to identify Sheffield as their hometown?

Think most would disagree with you. Just like Steve Bruce seems to disagree with you about Newcastle being his hometown. But keep on bleating if it makes you feel better mate... you do you.

8 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Don’t care what anyone says who think they know betting odds etc, bookies very rarely get these things wrong, the signs were there yesterday and it’s looking very likely. 

I just hope if it is wrong (slim chance I know) that our fans don’t start jumping up and down on bruce and bad mouthing him. 

Right try this, next time a managerial job is up for grabs pick a candidate at random, stick a rumour on social media and put £10k on it - see what happens to the odds even though there's nothing in it whatsoever.

8 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Over evens on Betfair exchange so get on and more than double your money then pal. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Apologies if posted already. 

I knew Bruce wouldn’t stand for any rubbish from the chairman and his advisor.

This guy is as reliable as it gets when it comes to Bruce.

BCDBC3CF-8D89-442D-9821-5E7828306C3F.png

Make all this stop and go away.... it's depressing today innit

Bruce is key to our club right now - we need him

Owlstalk Shop

Broken promises hahaha 

sorry, far too easy to pull that card , pathetic morals from Bruce just come out and admit your off for the dollar pal I’d respect that much more