Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

8 minutes ago, Retired Owls Fan said:

Steve obviously knows more than he's letting on. 

1089233907_Screenshot2019-07-10at15_44_20.thumb.png.3ed4c22302e56cd0f7df155a20a4783d.png

This doesn't mean he is going to Newcastle. Alex was understandably very protective of SB when Gullit and Murphy weighed in and he knows what his dad went through at Villa. He will have noted the extremely negative and insulting comments being directed towards SB by many Newcastle fans, including on Instagram, and hopefully be having a word with his old man.

• Like 1

Just now, marshy said:

We (Swfc) or Bruce could have quashed all this last night from Bruce point of view, and the club could have done the same. Neither has occurred. He's off. Money talks, simple as really.

If I was the Wednesday manager, I'd only leave for the England job.

Greedy barsteward.

Just now, 2roland2 said:

Don’t care what anyone says who think they know betting odds etc, bookies very rarely get these things wrong, the signs were there yesterday and it’s looking very likely. 

I just hope if it is wrong (slim chance I know) that our fans don’t start jumping up and down on bruce and bad mouthing him. 

It will happen.

Started in this thread already.

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Newcastle isn't Bruce's hometown!!!!

He was born 16 miles away, he isn't from Newcastle.

He supported them as a kid though and used to watch them so they're "his" team as much as Wednesday are somebody's who lives in Chesterfield but supports us. Bit more worryingly I've found that his wife is also from the same area so she probably wouldn't be adverse to moving back up there either.

Genuinely hope the club play as dirty as possible if he does go 

won’t leave with any kind of ‘best wishes’ from me

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Don’t care what anyone says who think they know betting odds etc, bookies very rarely get these things wrong, the signs were there yesterday and it’s looking very likely. 

I just hope if it is wrong (slim chance I know) that our fans don’t start jumping up and down on bruce and bad mouthing him. 

Why wouldn't we, every right to be disappoint and upset. We've been patient and welcomed him into

the club as one of our own. 

On the eve of the new season he's leaving us in the poo. 

Think the only stumbling block here could be his entourage, have read somewhere that Ashley doesn't want to pay for assistant's, new physios etc. This could be what is holding things up. Bruce has put his team together over quite a few years and he might show some loyalty to them. 

• Like 1

Chansiri hasn’t appointed a manager in work yet so I don’t expect this to change.

The usual suspects have already been mentioned but I expect us to go foreign because as soon as he appoints a proven British manager he loses him within 6 months.

Labbadia would be my tip as he was close when Jos got the job,

Then again I hope all the above proves to be b*ll***s and Bruce stays. He’s the difference between a Top 6 finish and a lower mid-table finish?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

3 minutes ago, September65 said:

This doesn't mean he is going to Newcastle. Alex was understandably very protective of SB when Gullit and Murphy weighed in and he knows what his dad went through at Villa. He will have noted the extremely negative and insulting comments being directed towards SB by many Newcastle fans, including on Instagram, and hopefully be having a word with his old man.

Alex Bruce also follows Liam Gallagher his dad might be joining Oasis.

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Yes. But they suspended betting on Paul Lambert being appointed by Wednesday. That was wrong.

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Are the posts telling him to fizz off and he has no morals after the treatment we gave him in January not showing up on your screen or something?

That's nothing

Stop trying to stir up something that in reality doesn't exist

lol

Owlstalk Shop