Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Can’t DC just tell Newcastle to fizz off when they approach! Then again if Bruce says he wants to go there probably isn’t a lot that can be done. What a poo situation. 

He can but if a manager want's to leave you don't have much choice.

Unless there is a clause in the contract, of course. 

All we can do is hold out for as much compo as possible. 

Edited by Skyline

18 minutes ago, modboy said:

Maybe promote from within?

Really hope we don’t do that. Would guess Bruce will take the other 2 Steve’s with him so we would be left with Bullen. Don’t get me wrong I like Bullen but don’t want him as full time manager. 

Sheffield Wednesday are braced for an official approach from Newcastle for their manager Steve Bruce, Sky Sports News understands.

Wednesday boss Bruce is due to return from Portugal on Wednesday, and Newcastle are keen to have a new man in place to succeed Rafa Benitez by the time they fly to China to take part in The Asia Cup on Saturday.

Sky Sports News understands that Newcastle see Bruce as a safe pair of hands and would get on well with Mike Ashley and the club's hierarchy.

The 58-year-old former Sunderland boss is on a rolling contract at Wednesday and would cost only £1m in compensation.

Bruce grew up a Newcastle supporter and it is believed that his dream is to manage his boyhood club.

Owlstalk Shop

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Frazzlebeak said:

Sky sports throwing fuel on this fire. DC needs to ring Chris Houghton just in case.

I went to school with a Chris Houghton. He was a d1ckhead. I'd rather have Chris Hughton.