Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think he did an good job, but not a messiah like job as he is being treated. Chris Hughton managed similar for them and there are plenty of average sides who have stopped up like Burnley and Watford. 

I dont trawl the european job market but I’m guessing none of them would pay 12m a year like in China. He could’ve left Newcastle and waited for a job in Europe if vision is really what he wanted.

Why wait for a job if someone is offering you £1M per month now? If a job does free up in Europe and they want Benitez they will still go after him. 

Burnley and Watford outspent Newcastle last summer and the likes of Brighton have a bigger net spend in the PL than Newcastle under Benitez.

12 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Gaining momentum 

on sky sports next 

Apparently it has been on Sky Sports news all day.

Someone else will be favourite tomorrow.

My two penneth....

I still think it's lazy journalism, coupled with a few bets changing the odds.  We could manipulate the market if we wanted to and it'd be a different news story tomorrow...

I honestly can't see him wanting to manage that sh*t show.  They will be flirting with the bottom 3 next season with an owner that doesn't want to spend and cares very little.  

25 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Theres a very fine line between "Proud loyalty & stupidly gullible"

in thats willing to put up with any old crap no matter level the team you support plays at .....

To be fair I think most that go to Hillsborough on a regular basis are both - I think you have to be!!

Maybe his son will let his father know how against a potential appointment, Newcastle fans seem to be? I can't see Ashley paying the compensation and giving him a competitive enough budget? Sentiment and loyalty means nothing these days but I genuinely think Bruce likes being here, him and his son seemed moved by the respect, trust and passion we've showed towards Bruce. My head and not just my heart believes Bruce will stay and see the job through or at least see out his first full season in charge.  

https://www.sheffieldwednesday.news/analysis/three-important-things-to-consider-as-fresh-reports-link-sheffield-wednesdays-steve-bruce-with-newcastle-united/