Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

22 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I know what you mean.. but it also could be true.

My own opinion is that his moral compass is set too high ...if there's real interest.. he's old school.

Why is Bruces's moral compass set too high? Walked out on Palace under a big cloud when was offered Birmingham job.

Not that I blame him its Football and they is very little loyalty all round.

Edited by matthefish2002

someone should print off the comments on Newcastle forum and let him hear the ring in comments and maybe if he had a slight interest in going that would end his interest there and then, im sure at his age he don't want grief and that's what he would get there big style unless they could pull a miracle off and win there 1st 3 games. 

Just now, 2roland2 said:

It was said earlier on about Newcastle fans thinking they are a big pull,  I know a Newcastle fan who thought they were getting mourinho and I think another poster mentioned Mbappe, amongst others like Pogba and Lukaku 

I just looked at his comment on Facebook and thought what planet are you on.  

I actually think Bruce would do a decent job for them, hopefully though he will stay here and lead us back into the premiership. 

I agree, they think they are a much better club than they actually are. Bruce wouldn’t be appreciated by their fans, lose their first game and the fans would turn on him. Praying he stays with us. 

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

It was said earlier on about Newcastle fans thinking they are a big pull,  I know a Newcastle fan who thought they were getting mourinho and I think another poster mentioned Mbappe, amongst others like Pogba and Lukaku 

I just looked at his comment on Facebook and thought what planet are you on.  

I actually think Bruce would do a decent job for them, hopefully though he will stay here and lead us back into the premiership. 

Think Newcastle are still a reasonable pull but decent managers likely to be put off by Mike Ashley and the club being for sale.

3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

someone should print off the comments on Newcastle forum and let him hear the ring in comments and maybe if he had a slight interest in going that would end his interest there and then, im sure at his age he don't want grief and that's what he would get there big style unless they could pull a miracle off and win there 1st 3 games. 

I'm sure his son will have seen or heard some of the disrespectful response from the Newcastle fans and will let his father know what they harshly think of him. After the way he was treated at Villa, that should put Bruce and his family off. I don't see him going there. Hope not but I believe he will stay at least for his first full season.

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

I'm sure his son will have seen or heard some of the disrespectful response from the Newcastle fans and will let his father know what they harshly think of him. After the way he was treated at Villa, that should put Bruce and his family off. I don't see him going there. Hope not but I believe he will stay at least for his first full season.

lets hope so 

6 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I haven’t seen one positive comment from any Newcastle fans, their reaction has been worse than when we thought we might be getting Steve Maclaren.

Hopefully it’ll be tonight to put Ashley off of Bruce.

Not sure Ashley cares what the fans think. After all he brought in Kinnear (I think), Pardew and Schteve McLaren. 

7 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

If he was offered the job,

..... He’d take it. Opportunity to manage in Prem. Huge pay rise. No transfer embargo. Boyhood club. Make no mistake Bruce has no emotional ties to Wednesday. Also his track record shows he’s happy to jump ship. 

Not a a criticism of Bruce just fact. Don’t think he’ll be offered the job but often these big movements in the betting indicate someone in the know. 

I think he will stay, he has said the fans have been a big draw. I also think that when DC said he would wait for Bruce to sort himself out he knows how much we want him. Cant be said of Newcastle, they still have lots of internal problems, he now has a clear picture of what he wants from the Owls and DC has give him the go ahead

12 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I haven’t seen one positive comment from any Newcastle fans, their reaction has been worse than when we thought we might be getting Steve Maclaren.

Hopefully it’ll be tonight to put Ashley off of Bruce.

Ashley appears to have little respect for Newcastle fans and their opinions, if he had Benitez might still be there.

Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Ashley appears to have little respect for Newcastle fans and their opinions, if he had Benitez might still be there.

Agreed. Newcastle may be the right club but it's the wrong time.

It could be a long season for the Magpies.