Boro to sue Derby...

If it’s within the rules and Boro were invited to have a look through the accounts what is the issue?

Gibson has been able to spend what he wants for a long time, he has parachute income and if he’s that bothered he can sell the Riverside to himself if it’s within the rules. Neither Morris or Chansiri we’re fully in control of their clubs when these rules were “agreed”. The problem is the rules not the clubs trying to match parachute income with loss making investment.

Edited by Bluesteel

12 hours ago, SiJ said:

Nice timing a few days before the play-off final. 

Might be a bit pointless if Derby manage to get themselves promoted on Monday. 

If they don't, then what? 

Boro hope to prove that Derby breached the P and S rules and as a result they should get a points deduction, fine etc? 

Or are Boro seeking some sort of financial recompense? 

What an absolute farce. 

Absolutes coonts trick.

Edited by Blue and white
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

English Football carried on for something like 130 years without recourse to this EUFA - driven ( I believe that most of the ideas came from Michel Platini)were brought in. Very few clubs went bust or were unable to meet Tax and Wages bills. Many were set up as 'rich men's toys' and often as a sop to the local populace. Blackpool were an excellent example of this, with the Oyston name being synonymous.Then came the boom in European football and the rise of EUFA , and after , the Television companies. Many local businessmen made profits and losses in various places. Noone particularly cared. Then came FFP, and the Bean Counters got involved, and, as is typical, chaos.

The one suggestion i read that made sense to me was this

'The Owner should be made to place a bond which would ensure that all bills and taxes are paid. Outside of that, let the Owner spend whatever he wants of money gained from TV, Advertising and such rights, and if he still wants to pour millions OF HIS OWN MONEY, let him.

Yes, Wednesday would gain by this since Chansiri has stated that he would put more money in if he were able.. I doubt if this is the case with Gibson, but I am sure it would have avoided the fiasco of Bolton Wanderers this season, since I'm certain some Oil Sheik or such would have come along.

I have recently spent some tome watching Horse  Racing, which would cease to exsist without the 'big.owners and trainers.

Maybe this is the future of football..

One thing is certain. Football, and its FFP etc. reminds me of the classic definition of a camel - a horse designed by a committee.

the top part of your post can be attached to so much more than football for each and every generation. 

does modernisation,  mean you are moving forward? is it progress? is it for the better?

I think one of the first things to mention would be the abolition of maximum wage? removing the wage cap allows a 'free for all', and a 'free for all' needs paying for.

television money, is has only come about in a far more serious sense since televisions stopped being 2.3,4 or even 5 channels, now huge companies vie for tv rights, and pay multi millions for it (football isn't going to turn it down is it?) 

UEFA have grown as football itself has grown, so too has FIFA, other national bodies too, with (it seems) the exception of 'the  FA', our 'old men' having a 'spot of lunch' at 'their club', and a snooze after, have taken their eye off the ball, instead of running football, outside money is running it.

I read once (and it was quite a while ago, so) that 'captain's of industry influence politicians' (well until this present lot of clowns that is). it went on to say 'where will the country be when drug ring cartel leaders are so wealthy and powerful that they can influence politicians?'

few will get to see the champions league final live, even fewer will get to support the 'Europa cup' final sides live in the stadium, as football seeks out every penny it can scratch up, often to the detriment of the 'common' football supporter, who is often now 'priced out' yet others not yet so can be counted to turn up on a wet and windy tuesday novemeber night.

football sadly for some of the 'older generation' is going in the 'wrong direction' whilst younger supporters may see this as 'exciting and with the times', it is what it is i'm afraid, and like it or not, we won't alter it once the money men have hold of it. but I do think a grass roots revolution could alter the present 'shambolic parachute money' debacle. 

10 minutes ago, Eightace said:

How much did they pay for Assombalonga again?

He just wants an unfair playing field.

Didn't he chuck money about back in the 90s with the likes of Ravenelli and Juninho.

Hypocrite

According to Dean Windass, Alen Boksic was on £100k a week!

I think Steve Gibson should remember how much money he has thrown at Boro and promotions over the last 15 years or so.

When we couldn’t afford to pay HMRC Boro were still spending.  They’ve also had how many lots of parachute payments.

What Derby and to a similar extend us / Chansiri is doing is exactly what he did at Boro before P&S rules were in place.

24 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

football sadly for some of the 'older generation' is going in the 'wrong direction' whilst younger supporters may see this as 'exciting and with the times', it is what it is i'm afraid, and like it or not, we won't alter it once the money men have hold of it. but I do think a grass roots revolution could alter the present 'shambolic parachute money' debacle. 

I am one of the 'older generation' but I get excited by some of the football played at present. It is a vast improvement on the football I first watched. But surely, the 'Money Men' have already got hold. I certainly would not wish to go back to the £20 /week maximum wage. However I still cannot see a Footballer who is 'worth' £100k per week. Parachute payments were brought about by the top clubs wishing to remain an exclusive club  They would have been better, though God forbid, to have removed promotion and relegation. The point I was trying to make is that if Person A, who's fortune is counted in Billions, wants to buy a football club, provided that he can guarantee his spending will not bring about the situation that we had at Bolton earlier, whereby the staff, bills and taxes could not be paid, he should be allowed to spend his money. The situation exists in Horse Racing where the best horses are owned by people who have money to spare. It does not preclude the 'poorer' people from forming consortiums to buy. If Chansiri, or even myself, a humble ex-miner, wants to spend the money on a player, provided we are not going to fail to pay our debts, why shouldn't we?   

1 hour ago, Eightace said:

How much did they pay for Assombalonga again?

He just wants an unfair playing field.

Didn't he chuck money about back in the 90s with the likes of Ravenelli and Juninho.

Hypocrite

They paid £16m for Assombalonga and he's on £35k p/w

Edited by Minton

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

getting the 'truth out' is only ever 'a mess' for those who want it hiding in the first place.

By Mess I mean the absolute horlicks that will follow a team stopped from promotion 

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

Which is in the EFL rules, the non commercial part of any transaction would be disregarded for FFP purposes. 

However a point is that the auditors have signed off on the Derby accounts. They would have had to consider the valuation used and hence for accounting reasons be satisfied with it. Once that has happened what can the EFL realistically do especially if it is not set out in the actual regulations

I think this is the beginning of the end for P&S. If Gibson is truly trying to ensure benefactors with more dosh the  he can muster up can't use it, he may have shot himself in the foot.

Not sure if it's being asked, but why should Middlesbrough sue them? 

What gives them more rights then the other 22 teams in the league and even you could argue the other 70 EFL teams? 

Gibson needs to drop this holier then thou, man of the game testicles and stop with the sour grapes. Quickly becoming a parody of chairman