Boro to sue Derby...

Guest The Horse

How embarrassing for Boro fans.

Their chairman is stomping his feet and roaring his eyes out in the supermarket aisle cos mummy has told him there's no more money for sweets.

The only good thing that can come from this is that it exposes the total farce and hypocrisy that is P&S / FFP to the greater world and it gets totally reformed.

But jeeeeezus... What a complete fool.

Is it possible for a third party to sue a party who've broken 'rules' of a organisation they are both members of?

Surely, Boro should take this up with the EFL who set and implement the rules.

Gibson probably wants legal aid also.

9 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

How embarrassing.

Middlesbrough and Gibson aren't the league. It's the league's rules, not Boro's rules. If Derby are flaunting the rules, the league should (and hopefully will) take appropriate action. What am embarrassment to sport that one petulant little club feels the need to supersede the sport's authorities and throw the baby out with the bathwater. 

Wonder if the EFL will charge Gibson for bringing the game into disrepute? After all he's effectively accusing them of not administering their rules properly.

Guest mkowl
19 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I’m guessing borough don’t own their stadium.. if they do why doesn’t gibson just do the same? Or does he no longer have the money to do so? Genuine questions as I don’t know the circumstances at borough.

But when you look at dem blades McSue has done the same but in a more contrived way and no one blinked an eye lid. 

They do

Gibson needs to accept football is becoming too big for him even in the championship now.

Id be interested to know where boro would be without the parachute payments, I thought they were also to cover the financial loss of relegation to honour commitments. Didn’t realise you could spunk 14 million on assambolona or whatever he’s called. 

Massive sour grapes, we would all love Parachute payments or scrap them off completely then we can all compete. Does he really think Derby want to sell their home just to stand next to someone? They are having to do it to compete.

The whole of football stinks and it lays at the doors of the EPL and EFL

• Like 1

Guest mkowl
1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

The only rule They can have broken is an unrealistic valuation of the ground I would have thought- same with us.

Which is in the EFL rules, the non commercial part of any transaction would be disregarded for FFP purposes. 

However a point is that the auditors have signed off on the Derby accounts. They would have had to consider the valuation used and hence for accounting reasons be satisfied with it. Once that has happened what can the EFL realistically do especially if it is not set out in the actual regulations

1 hour ago, Stainless said:

Fully agree with this Gibson isn't able to financially steam roller his way over other clubs like he did in those days. As such he's now looking to try and stop those other clubs moving past Boro before they slip back to where they were 30 years ago. 

.....where they belong. 

Guest mkowl

Boro spent 65m on new signings 

They sold quite a lot, so made a 15m profit on players which offset the 20m loss made on day to day operations 

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Boro increased the value of their stadium by 6.8m in their last accounts to June 18.

That won't be considered in the FFP calculations as boring technical point it does not go through the Profit and loss account whereas actually selling the stadium even to a connected company does

The net value of the stadium and training pitch was 49m after the valuation. Compare that to the 80m Pride Park was sold for, quite similar stadiums.

Yeh, but one of them is in Middlesborough!

• Haha 1

Guest mkowl
Just now, Brommers said:

Yeh, but one of them is in Middlesborough!

Irrelevant the valuation is based on it's in use not location or what the land could be sold for.

Indeed Boro show the value at 49m. Which is the net figure of replacement cost of 86m (how much it would cost today to build the same stadium which seems plausible) less depreciation ie it is what 20 years old now

5 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Irrelevant the valuation is based on it's in use not location or what the land could be sold for.

Indeed Boro show the value at 49m. Which is the net figure of replacement cost of 86m (how much it would cost today to build the same stadium which seems plausible) less depreciation ie it is what 20 years old now

Maybe I should have added a humorous emoji to my post.

That said, thankyou for your informative response, which to be fair adds a lot more to this debate than my attempt at a joke.

• Haha 1

Guest mkowl
Just now, Brommers said:

Maybe I should have added a humorous emoji to my post.

That said, thankyou for your informative response, which to be fair adds a lot more to this debate than my attempt at a joke.

Better than my jokes !

Guest mkowl
Just now, Brommers said:

We could form a great (rubbish) double act. Every comedy duo needs a straight man.

Oh, and for the avoidance of doubt :Sid:

The problem I can see is 2 straight men and no funny one 

Guest mkowl
Just now, dorian gray said:

I blame the people who 'sold' football to sky.

I blame the EPL for not bringing in better regulations and letting clubs spend the Sky money foolishly

Ah Middlesbrough,  that honourable fairness in football loving club who made a £32m loss after outspending everybody else to get promoted. 

Do Boro's parachute payments end this year? If so Gibson ought to be very careful about trying to get this loophole closed as he may very well rely on it to get round FFP rules himself in the not too distant future.  

• Like 1

Guest mkowl
Just now, Brommers said:

You know nothing of my sexual preferences. WTF:

I am wondering whether your name on here is a subtle clue