Boro to sue Derby...

35 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

it would be very difficult to prove in a court of law that the english football championship is a 'fair and even' competition.

what next a 'staggered start' in the Olympic 100 m?

that's true but the judge in his summing up no matter which way the decision went could comment on the unfairness and complexities of P&S and just maybe the league would take it on board and bin it …..

The timing is also....

Well, it has clearly been done by Boro with the intention of throwing a spanner in Derbys works before the play off final.

Done in the vague hope it costs them promotion.

It is embarrassing and a little bit sinister. 

Cant help but feel Boro are opening pandoras box here. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

The timing is also....

Well, it has clearly been done by Boro with the intention of throwing a spanner in Derbys works before the play off final.

absolutely 

also can you imagine the mess if the EFL stopped a promotion due to P&S infringements

Just now, steelowl said:

absolutely 

also can you imagine the mess if the EFL stopped a promotion due to P&S infringements

Exactly.

Where does it end? 

3 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Imagine wasting all that money and appointing Pulis.... then blaming everyone else when it doesn’t work out.

I imagine he thought bringing in pulis was the smart way of putting things back into order after the 'lord mayor's parade' 

the best way of throwing money away seems to be having 'big ideas' above 'your station' and looking to compete with the 'big boys' in 'passing it square at the back, tiptap' football, and what you'll pay for defenders 'who can play' as opposed to defenders who can defend, and so on throughout the side.

the smarter way would be to look at what won blackburn the title, a strong backbone down the middle, with a quality winger, as opposed to the now popular choice of 'the emperor's new clothes' throughout the side, all icing, no ****ing cake.

9 minutes ago, torryowl said:

that's true but the judge in his summing up no matter which way the decision went could comment on the unfairness and complexities of P&S and just maybe the league would take it on board and bin it …..

IF the league and fa do not choose to, eventually they will be forced to, it cannot go on this way forever.

3 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

IF the league and fa do not choose to, eventually they will be forced to, it cannot go on this way forever.

lets hope so coz it's certainly not a level playing field at present …..

9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The timing is also....

It's a deliberate nasty action by a bitter little man. What Derby did is as legal as the parachute payments they profited from.  I could agree that neither is particularly ethical in terms of fairness, but this league is far from a fair competition.

If Gibson wants to buy his ground he can, nothing stopping him. Already shown he does not have the backing of the other clubs, imagine Boro will be about as popular as a dogshit in a hot tub next season. 

• Like 1

English Football carried on for something like 130 years without recourse to this EUFA - driven ( I believe that most of the ideas came from Michel Platini)were brought in. Very few clubs went bust or were unable to meet Tax and Wages bills. Many were set up as 'rich men's toys' and often as a sop to the local populace. Blackpool were an excellent example of this, with the Oyston name being synonymous.Then came the boom in European football and the rise of EUFA , and after , the Television companies. Many local businessmen made profits and losses in various places. Noone particularly cared. Then came FFP, and the Bean Counters got involved, and, as is typical, chaos.

The one suggestion i read that made sense to me was this

'The Owner should be made to place a bond which would ensure that all bills and taxes are paid. Outside of that, let the Owner spend whatever he wants of money gained from TV, Advertising and such rights, and if he still wants to pour millions OF HIS OWN MONEY, let him.

Yes, Wednesday would gain by this since Chansiri has stated that he would put more money in if he were able.. I doubt if this is the case with Gibson, but I am sure it would have avoided the fiasco of Bolton Wanderers this season, since I'm certain some Oil Sheik or such would have come along.

I have recently spent some tome watching Horse  Racing, which would cease to exsist without the 'big.owners and trainers.

Maybe this is the future of football..

One thing is certain. Football, and its FFP etc. reminds me of the classic definition of a camel - a horse designed by a committee.

One of Boro's problems is attendances. Unemployment is high added to that a large student population and money is tight. Why he built the Riverside is any bodies guess as like with Hillsborough its rarely full these days it often looks half empty. He must be haemorrhaging money.

26 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The timing is also....

GET IT OPENED.

pandora's box was in fact 'a jar' or 'jug', thus it needs smashing into pieces once the contents are emptied out.

let's see at the bottom of the jug if there is any mention of the early relegated sides NOT getting parachute money, and how much it financially crippled them? and who they were? and should they NOW not be recompensed for not having the 'premier failure money' at that time, and for any damages done in the following years due to them not receiving 'premier failure money'. 

GET IT ALL OUT, STOP THIS SHYTE NOW.