Boro to sue Derby...

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

yeah!

he needs to pull a rabbit outa the hat with his next managerial appointment, or they're up shitcreek without a paddle.

TBH you have to pay well over the odds to attract anyone to Middlesborough, worse than Hull.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

They locked the gates at Boro a few years ago because no frigger used to turn up. 

Always been a bit of a pointless club. 

Identity crisis, they are not sure if they are north east or Yorkshire. Had to settle for Teeside whatever that ism

4 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

More or less what Ive been saying dorian.....

Hows yer portrait?

Absolutely fine.

He's swapped it for a picture of Steve Gibson.:rolleyes:

Edited by oldtawnyowl

On 24/05/2019 at 23:40, SiJ said:

Which IF that is the case (it is a loophole), then I can't see how Boro's case will have a leg to stand on. 

That's unless there is some other chicanery at play here. 

I  agree the rules are totally floored, but it couldn’t happen to a better club. Boro got away with serious financial issues years ago, Add to that Gibson is a complete bell end, then having appointed Karanka ( Mr Dull and negative) , they replace him with Pauli’s! . 

If Gibson thinks they have been hard done too , you could say you reap what you sow. 

23 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Gibson has a very short memory. He was happy to accept and spend the premier league failure payments on massive wages and vast transfer fees after their relegation.  The man is a Hypocrite. 

Agreed 100%.Also from what i've read so far,it's starting to look like Middlesbore is in a Financial Pickle itself and the parachute payments have just about run out.Hence Gibson's Hypocritcal outburst. :tango:

It seems Gibson as a personal wealth of 200 million, now that's a lot but not for a football club owner these days. Mel Morris as a net worth of 500 million... thats much more like it and can easily afford to buy pride park for 60 million. I suspect Gibson can't do the same or is not prepared to (Money tied up) so he's thrown toys out the Pram.

Our owners net worth is i imagine around that of Mel Morris and I doubt he as paid 60 million for Hillsborough, around half of that would be much more likely.