Boro to sue Derby...

How is he whinging and what for , apart from they aren't top of the league . There is no such thing as a loop hole . You operate within a set of rules and you act accordingly . There is no rule covering what derby did so no loop hole just operating within the constraints of rules . Any club can do it just because you can't it doesn't mean anything .  . Like people moaning when rich people get off points on their licenses by employing good solicitors . All they do is find out that the prosecution hasn't worked within it's own rules made up by themselves . Loop holes are only mentioned when someone does something legally that other people can't or don't want to . 

47 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I am one of the 'older generation' but I get excited by some of the football played at present. It is a vast improvement on the football I first watched. But surely, the 'Money Men' have already got hold. I certainly would not wish to go back to the £20 /week maximum wage. However I still cannot see a Footballer who is 'worth' £100k per week. Parachute payments were brought about by the top clubs wishing to remain an exclusive club  They would have been better, though God forbid, to have removed promotion and relegation. The point I was trying to make is that if Person A, who's fortune is counted in Billions, wants to buy a football club, provided that he can guarantee his spending will not bring about the situation that we had at Bolton earlier, whereby the staff, bills and taxes could not be paid, he should be allowed to spend his money. The situation exists in Horse Racing where the best horses are owned by people who have money to spare. It does not preclude the 'poorer' people from forming consortiums to buy. If Chansiri, or even myself, a humble ex-miner, wants to spend the money on a player, provided we are not going to fail to pay our debts, why shouldn't we?   

I know someone who has been in several consortiums, doesn't win much, but enjoys it thoroughly. I always thought if the horse was any good, the original owners would have kept it.

my feelings about 'the older generation' was more about the running of football, rather than the game played on grass. 

money, lots, and lots of it, corruption, cheating, questionable refereeing, poor administrative decisions, the absolute shambles of the financial set up the championship is.

I also agree that there should be a capping for salaries, BUT it would limit the effectiveness of english clubs to compete in Europe.

there are strong rumours going around the halls of power that EUFA are looking at a European Super League again, this may help limit pay in english football but for all but a handful of our sides.

50 minutes ago, steelowl said:

By Mess I mean the absolute horlicks that will follow a team stopped from promotion 

our league and fa top notches haven't the gonads for that, believe me, they'd be letting their lunch settle.

it's just way past the time for sorting this sh*t out.

I don't honestly see the difference between selling a player and selling any other asset you have to make up any shortfall in the money you need to compete.

Gibsons pursuing the wrong line isn't he?

His argument is with the EFL who obviously  saw nothing wrong with what Derby have done and what Villa and Wednesday are doing.

How on earth can the EFL stop you from selling your ground or any other asset you have.

What a bitter little twunt Gibson has shown himself to be.

Never really liked Middlesboro but I hate them even more than L##ds now.

Really hope us and all the other clubs in the league charge their fans £75 a pop next season with no concessions.

It can be called the tugger Chairman tax.

Gibson has a very short memory. He was happy to accept and spend the premier league failure payments on massive wages and vast transfer fees after their relegation.  The man is a Hypocrite. 

Maybe we could sue 'Boro,QPR' WBA Norwich, Sunderland Bolton West Ham..etc

They all got parachute payments...Wednesday were left to crash and burn...Not fair is it?

difference is...we just got on with it.

Should we have gone into liquidation...Like Gibson and 'Boro did in '86'?

hows that not cheating?

Two faced f.ook!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Stoop said:

Steve Gibson is just embarrassing himself here

He was the worst of the lot when it came to bankrolling football clubs in the 90s/2000s. The mega TV money wasn’t there then, Are you telling me that Ravanelli, Juninho, Emerson, Boksic, Ziegler, Karembeu and the riverside stadium were all funded by the good people of Middlesbrough? 

Hes a hypocrite. Basically the money’s run out and he’s getting desperate 

Spot on this. Got a brand new stadium, I wonder did  he get any financial support or subsidised land etc to build on?, then spent huge money for that time on players, just sour grapes, think he knows they have a long way to go now to be in the PL

50 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Spot on this. Got a brand new stadium, I wonder did  he get any financial support or subsidised land etc to build on?, then spent huge money for that time on players, just sour grapes, think he knows they have a long way to go now to be in the PL

yeah!

he needs to pull a rabbit outa the hat with his next managerial appointment, or they're up shitcreek without a paddle.

Edited by dorian gray

4 hours ago, Steelman said:

What a bitter little twunt Gibson has shown himself to be.

Never really liked Middlesboro but I hate them even more than L##ds now.

Really hope us and all the other clubs in the league charge their fans £75 a pop next season with no concessions.

It can be called the tugger Chairman tax.

let's get things in perspective here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The mistake we made was not letting the club go to the wall and starting again...

Chelsea did it...Palace did it twice, 'Boro  leeds Leicester etc etc...

We tried to do it the right way...The CO-Op bank helped cos they had an idiot in charge...

manadaric came in and gave the battery a charge, but we have limped along ever since...

I was dead against Admin...I argued the throw with Big Guns on here...

me sorta arguin' like some Victorian maiden defending her virginity..and BG sayin' "f.ook this for a game of dominos"

He was right....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The mistake we made was not letting the club go to the wall and starting again...

We tried to do it the right way...The CO-Op bank helped cos they had an idiot in charge...

manadaric came in and gave the battery a charge, but we have limped along ever since...

me sorta arguin' like some Victorian maiden defending her virginity..and BG sayin' "f.ook this for a game of dominos"

He was right....

Agree to certain extent in that some of teams that have gone into admin seem.to have prospered but to lose all that history :sad:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, torryowl said:

that's true but the judge in his summing up no matter which way the decision went could comment on the unfairness and complexities of P&S and just maybe the league would take it on board and bin it …..

it shouldn't be rocket science to better what we have. 

FIRSTLY PAY ALL SIDES RELEGATED FROM THE PREMIER WITHOUT PARACHUTE MONEY (IN THE EARLY DAYS) THE MONEY THEY OUGHT TO HAVE GOT, PLUS £50M TO COVER DAMAGES, THEN...

make sure every side promoted who increase their players contracts for earning promotion, add a clause where if and when they are relegated they return to championship level salaries.

secondly, all the johnny foreigners who'll turn up to 'kiss the badge' have into their contracts that should the side be relegated and they wish to stay, then they take a cut to 'championship wages' OR are allowed to leave if any team are willing to pay at least 50% of their original transfer fee, another 25% of that transfer fee to be paid by sky (from the gazillions they'll save from not paying failure money). the final 25% acting as loss to the club for getting relegated (IT WOULD BE FAR LESS THAN THE KICK IN THE BOLL*X WE GOT WHEN  WE WENT DOWN).

Edited by dorian gray

24 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

He was right....

Not sure. It might’ve moved us along quicker but we essentially got an admin deal outside of admin in the end.

16 minutes ago, darra said:

Agree to certain extent in that some of teams that have gone into admin seem.to have prospered but to lose all that history :sad:

I'm with you Darra

I love our history

But thats hardly enough these days..It counts for nowt.

Its enough for me....

They can cover me over and I'll think 

"fair enough..Ive seen some good times, some bad times....2

Ive been lucky enough to talk to Owls fans who have regaled me of cups titles etc...

sadly now theres a whole generation who have simply seen..."Bothroyd, urby abdi (well they haven't seen Abdi)..but you know what I mean

And they have watched City, Man utd...liverpool..Bournemouth ?????????

It must be galling.

When Wednesday were going through the mill in the 70's...It was all simply fuelled by fans tipping up...the size and the history of the club,,,the fanbase...

You simply knew it was just a matter of time..

Thats all outta the window now mate...

• Like 1