Have we sold our ground

2 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

In the grand scheme of things Chansiri owns the ground, he is ‘the club’.

And the only way the sale of the ground helps FFP is if he affectively buys it off himself.

I don’t think there’s much to be worrying about realistically. 

Absolutely

Unfortunately it seems like this is the way forward while ever FFP is in place, it makes a mockery of the system though (which has been discussed endlessly on here).

The quicker a newer and more fairer system is put in place, the better. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

With FFP as it is and no matter how unpalatable, it seems a necessity to be allowed to compete in an increasingly unfair competition. 

At least it seems we've been one of the few to use the loophole to our advantage before it's closed. 

Avoids a fire sale, keeps the better players at the club and a real shot at being competitive next season. 

It is a one off hit though, so we need to get recruitment  right. With Bruce I think we will and by putting some infrastructure in place as we have been recently suggests we are approaching it professionally this time round, not just making decisions based on an old copy of FIFA14.

• Like 2

Very short term fix because selling the ground and renting it back at Market rates just increases daily spending and would need an increase in revenue income to cover the costs.

Unless it's leased back on favourable terms

12 minutes ago, striker said:

With FFP as it is and no matter how unpalatable, it seems a necessity to be allowed to compete in an increasingly unfair competition. 

At least it seems we've been one of the few to use the loophole to our advantage before it's closed. 

Avoids a fire sale, keeps the better players at the club and a real shot at being competitive next season. 

It is a one off hit though, so we need to get recruitment  right. With Bruce I think we will and by putting some infrastructure in place as we have been recently suggests we are approaching it professionally this time round, not just making decisions based on an old copy of FIFA14.

Agree with this we can’t go spending big on players and keeping them for 3-5 years when they become old and we have no return on investment 

we need to balance it with saleable assets and er, selling them balancing our books and keeping revenue coming in or going for the better frees and loans and hopefully turning a few of them into sales 

I always thought we should be looking to generate 5-10 million a year in player sales to keep the squad fresh and and younger and keep our cash coming in 

that can be done by a star player or two or fringe players our hoarding of players whilst they age as been a blight 

Very worrying if true.

Those behind FFP need to take a long hard look at the effect the rules have had on the game.

Not just the positive behavioural changes FFP has engendered in the running of clubs, but the negative ones such as this.

Yes, this may seemingly get us out of a hole right now, but the risk we'll just dig ourselves even further into it have in reality increased.

And even if DC has effectively just passed ownership of the ground to another company he either directly or indirectly controls, this merely increases our entanglement with him.

30 minutes ago, axolotl said:

The fact this is seemingly becoming more and more common says it all about the fairness of FFP/PS, especially with failure/parachute payments.

When clubs are in a position that they have to sell their grounds to remain within the limits and/or remain competitive, it says it all.

Took the words out of my mouth fella.

We've only recently heard about Derby's ground sale but according to the Times report it's reflected in the 2017/18 accounts.

I'm no expert on financial matters as my bank manager will testify but surely this sort of thing can't be done & then added to the accounts retrospectively after the financial period has closed.

Just now, mogbad said:

We've only recently heard about Derby's ground sale but according to the Times report it's reflected in the 2017/18 accounts.

I'm no expert on financial matters as my bank manager will testify but surely this sort of thing can't be done & then added to the accounts retrospectively after the financial period has closed.

Unless it was sold in the last period of course and we never announced it.