Have we sold our ground

Guest Ash76
33 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Coventry, Leeds, Portsmouth to name a few have all not owned they grounds in the past and this has caused them all sorts of problems.

If we are selling the ground to fund trying to get to the Premier League and we don't get there it is very likely to happen to us.

Difference being their grounds were owned by 3rd parties 

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

The club is being run and losing £10-20m a year, we are breaching financial rules because the man in charge cannot run a bath without advisors let alone a football club.

Now instead of finding alternative income be that selling players, advertising income, sponsorship NO none of this instead he is possible going to make the club homeless to cover up for another season or two that he does not have a clue what he is doing.

We need to take a long hard look at the likes of Coventry, Portsmouth, Bolton and other where stupid plan to cover up the fundamental issues being DC does not know how to run a football club without the fans paying for it - selling the ground to a third party can only end badly.

Can anyone remember last December when the fans question the fact he didn't have a clue what he was doing, he threw his toys out of the pram and was selling the club.

What happens next time the fans question his running of the club - he locks them out of the ground or worse sell the ground from under us. 

Profit and Sustainability (means the ability to be maintained at a certain rate or level).. Tell me what is sustainable about making yourself homeless so you can spend on the credit cards for a few more season. I pray the EFL clamp down on this straight away

And here he is .f*** off

13 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

He will be the sole owner of the club, and the sole owner of the stadium, if he sells he will sell them both, practically every Premier club do this

Not necessarily.  He might decide to keep the stadium & rent it to the new owner at a more competitive rate.  Problems could then arise for various reasons. The new owner could default on payments, DC might increase the rent or worse still get bored with it all & sell it to a 3rd party who has no interest in the football club & wants to demolish the stadium.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The club is being run and losing £10-20m a year, we are breaching financial rules because the man in charge cannot run a bath without advisors let alone a football club.

Now instead of finding alternative income be that selling players, advertising income, sponsorship NO none of this instead he is possible going to make the club homeless to cover up for another season or two that he does not have a clue what he is doing.

We need to take a long hard look at the likes of Coventry, Portsmouth, Bolton and other where stupid plan to cover up the fundamental issues being DC does not know how to run a football club without the fans paying for it - selling the ground to a third party can only end badly.

Can anyone remember last December when the fans question the fact he didn't have a clue what he was doing, he threw his toys out of the pram and was selling the club.

What happens next time the fans question his running of the club - he locks them out of the ground or worse sell the ground from under us. 

Profit and Sustainability (means the ability to be maintained at a certain rate or level).. Tell me what is sustainable about making yourself homeless so you can spend on the credit cards for a few more season. I pray the EFL clamp down on this straight away

Bless hahaha

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The same can be said for Derby and the other unnamed clubs that have gone the same route - so its the owners fault not the system - surely, can't be a matter of coincidence can it? 

Guest mkowl
1 hour ago, Matt_1 said:

Sell the ground, give Brice some money, get promoted, buy the ground back,

Apart from selling the ground will be to get us out of the FFP pickle already in not to spend tomorrow 

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Not taking you meds again - you really are a very angry person.

Was just waiting for your essay

Guest mkowl
1 hour ago, mogbad said:

We've only recently heard about Derby's ground sale but according to the Times report it's reflected in the 2017/18 accounts.

I'm no expert on financial matters as my bank manager will testify but surely this sort of thing can't be done & then added to the accounts retrospectively after the financial period has closed.

Might be the reason the accounts are late 

You can IF the contract to do so was in place 

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I'm not fully on board with the doom and gloom of that but it does concern me the way the clubs been run during his tenure, the majority of that based around the management of the playing squad, contracts and transfers etc. Ultimately selling the ground would be to generate the ability to keep investing in the playing squad. Well I hope we've learnt our lessons over the past few years because it's been very shortsighted. 

3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Might be the reason the accounts are late 

You can IF the contract to do so was in place 

MK, I often enjoy reading your posts. You seem knowledgeable with regard to financial matters. Do you have an idea as to what value would be put on the purchase of the ground? 

Guest mkowl
28 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

He will be the sole owner of the club, and the sole owner of the stadium, if he sells he will sell them both, practically every Premier club do this

the issue will be when he decides to sell the club but decides to keep the stadium 

that never ends well 

It's a smart business decision by Mr Chansiri. He gets guaranteed income for his family until we move ground, which could hypothetically be decades. It means if he ever decided to sell us, it would have to be for a reduced price because the club no longer owns the bricks and mortar it plays in, but he'll be able to recoup those losses while we carry on renting the ground off him.

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

MK, I often enjoy reading your posts. You seem knowledgeable with regard to financial matters. Do you have an idea as to what value would be put on the purchase of the ground? 

Pride Park very sort after industrial area, Hillsborough very deprived area that has had no investment in 30+ years I think we will be lucky to get north of £20m.

Does anyone know how much the Wednesdayite Car park on the opposite side of the road was sold for. Could be a good indication of likely value.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

You would have to get a professional valuation 

The accounts have reflected a valuation of sorts for a number of years so it would have to be in excess of this to book an accounting profit - to then be effective for FFP

The EFL rules however require said transactions to be at market value and can adjust the accounts for FFP purposes where that is deemed to apply

It is a one off fix though. The cynic in me suggests the valuation increase  will be the difference between our 3 year loss minus £39m

And a line from that article suggesting we have not filed the accounts with the EFL by 1st December - was not 100% clear it was us - but that I find unbelievable we would risk the wrath of the EFL

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Pride Park very sort after industrial area, Hillsborough very deprived area that has had no investment in 30+ years I think we will be lucky to get north of £20m.

Does anyone know how much the Wednesdayite Car park on the opposite side of the road was sold for. Could be a good indication of likely value.

£20m?! Land aside, it has a football stadium built on it, a commercial asset that generates £1m+ 20 weeks a year...

Guest mkowl
3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Irrelevant it is the "in use" as a football stadium valuation that is used - not what it would be worth as a building site 

Because as a house building site possibly get £5m to £10m

10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The problem with P&S is, the levels set aren't competitively Sustainable, without a continuous flow of asset sales (players, property sponsorship etc)

All these rules from the FA, EFL, FIFA & UEFA, kinda stink like a fart from a Trojan Horse imo ... 

P&S combined with EPPP and Parachute Payments, looks like the perfect storm to effectively to pull up the drawbridge, for the Prem clubs  

Guest mkowl
Just now, Minton said:

£20m?! Land aside, it has a football stadium built on it, a commercial asset that generates £1m+ 20 weeks a year...

Yep in use - I have no idea what criteria they use to professionally value a football stadium. Any RICS members on here