Have we sold our ground

1 minute ago, Neal M said:

Have a read about everything that’s happened to Coventry City in the past 15 years.

If we stay down for an extended period and Chansiri wants to start recouping his cash...

Are you comparing SISU to DC?  I'd say he is the exact opposite.

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

No. I’m saying that we could end up with a SISU like situation down the line.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

6 minutes ago, Minton said:

Well if you're selling a business, you generally sell on assets linked to it as well. Sell the ground to a new owner for a lump sum and the new owner then lease the ground to the club for rent. 

Even if he didn't sell the ground, we would still pay rent. Makes no difference to us who we are paying said rent to really

Depends who we’ve sold it to. They might like to keep the revenue stream so not sure what evidence there is for ‘more than likely’.

And of course it makes a difference who we pay rent to as they have a huge stake in our future in terms of what level the rent is set at and ultimately what they choose to do with the land. Maybe ‘sell it to literally anyone as we’ll have to pay some rent regardless’ is ok for you but I’m not so keen.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Depends who we’ve sold it to. They might like to keep the revenue stream so not sure what evidence there is for ‘more than likely’.

And of course it makes a difference who we pay rent to as they have a huge stake in our future in terms of what level the rent is set at and ultimately what they choose to do with the land. Maybe ‘sell it to literally anyone as we’ll have to pay some rent regardless’ is ok for you but I’m not so keen.

He will have sold it to himself through a "Stadium Holding Company"

Just now, Sham67 said:

I don't think Chansiri is a bad bloke or out to shaft the club purely to make money.
But after getting the impression we have been taken for a ride more then a few times by agents with some poor transfers in the past 3 years combined with poor running of the club behind the scenes ,do I have any confidence he knows what he is doing if he is going to sell the ground to fund another tilt at promotion?  The answer is a clear no from me.

1: I said a few months ago this was in the pipeline. ITK innit.

2: I am not too pleased about it - doesn't sit right losing our main asset.

3: As others have said, it shows the inadvertently counter productive effect of FFP/ P&S - it restricts clubs so much that they have to sell the crown jewels to be competitive. 

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I can see your point, but there are laws and regulations about rent increases to stop unfair rent rises.

13 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

Can anyone explain what is meant by "we" when talking about who owns the ground? What part of the ground do I own given I've had a season ticket for over 40 years and can I expect a cheque in the post for my share? 

Not until Chansiri Gi SHARES BACK or summat 

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

1: I said a few months ago this was in the pipeline. ITK innit.

2: I am not too pleased about it - doesn't sit right losing our main asset.

3: As others have said, it shows the inadvertently counter productive effect of FFP/ P&S - it restricts clubs so much that they have to sell the crown jewels to be competitive. 

We haven't lost our main asset, DC owned it, and he still will just under another company

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

I don't think Chansiri is a bad bloke or out to shaft the club purely to make money.
But after getting the impression we have been taken for a ride more then a few times by agents with some poor transfers in the past 3 years combined with poor running of the club behind the scenes ,do I have any confidence he knows what he is doing if he is going to sell the ground to fund another tilt at promotion?  The answer is a clear no from me.

The appointment of Steve Bruce suggests to me, he is finally learning from his mistakes.  I cannot see SB being taken for a mug.  If he walks, I'll start to get worried.

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Maybe so, but my post was discussing what happens when the club changes hands.

He will be the sole owner of the club, and the sole owner of the stadium, if he sells he will sell them both, practically every Premier club do this

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

He will be the sole owner of the club, and the sole owner of the stadium, if he sells he will sell them both, practically every Premier club do this

There is literally nothing to suggest that he (if it is him that is buying it) would sell both. We have no detail and you cannot see the future.

Edited by Sonny

Im very much in the dont blame the player, blame the game Camp. 

If the efl hadn't hamstrung the club, tgen perhaps this would never have been concidered. 

My big problem would be if the ground has been sold to an unconnected 3rd party. Ie not DC but some random investment company. 

Personally going to wait for full details before I make my mind totally up. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Thanks 1

The club is being run and losing £10-20m a year, we are breaching financial rules because the man in charge cannot run a bath without advisors let alone a football club.

Now instead of finding alternative income be that selling players, advertising income, sponsorship NO none of this instead he is possible going to make the club homeless to cover up for another season or two that he does not have a clue what he is doing.

We need to take a long hard look at the likes of Coventry, Portsmouth, Bolton and other where stupid plan to cover up the fundamental issues being DC does not know how to run a football club without the fans paying for it - selling the ground to a third party can only end badly.

Can anyone remember last December when the fans question the fact he didn't have a clue what he was doing, he threw his toys out of the pram and was selling the club.

What happens next time the fans question his running of the club - he locks them out of the ground or worse sell the ground from under us. 

Profit and Sustainability (means the ability to be maintained at a certain rate or level).. Tell me what is sustainable about making yourself homeless so you can spend on the credit cards for a few more season. I pray the EFL clamp down on this straight away

• Haha 1