Steve Gibsons declaration of war today

Guest Hirst1867

Steve Gibson's move defeated. However just when you think we need to tread carefully  Lazaar says we are trying to sign him up next season. Currently he's on 32k a week with 2 years to run so we must have more wriggle room than I thought if this is true. Possible loan to buy?

I find it fascinating that Gibson has specifically targeted those clubs in direct competition with Middlesboro.  Clubs in and around the playoffs.

That in itself says to me, that Middlesborough as a club are in deep financial trouble.  

2 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Steve Gibson's move defeated. However just when you think we need to tread carefully  Lazaar says we are trying to sign him up next season. Currently he's on 32k a week with 2 years to run so we must have more wriggle room than I thought if this is true. Possible loan to buy?

Where has he said this?

Guest mkowl

You can imagine the discussion

We should investigate some clubs - hear hear

We should review their finances - hear hear

We should let other accountants review the finances of all clubs - erm Steve not erm sure I want that

No club want others to scrutinise their books otherwise it would give some clubs advantage over others in transfer negotiations. if its just a statement it would be meaningless without specific details and this you can not see anybody in right mind agreeing to. I think if there is a large bust up it will be beginning of end of P & S rules. 

The real problem is current league system. what needs to happen is a PL2 needs establishing and clubs in that need funding properly. We currently have a system which reinforces top few clubs and unless you have someone with the wealth of Man City owner it is difficult to break the mould. If money could be diverted from top 6 to PL2 along with parachute payments it would mean there would be a competitive league and teams would not need parachute payments as league would be well funded. The championship already has a lot of TV coverage its income is watered down by L1 and L2 payments. Think it would be better all round and would help Premier League become more competitive and championship would still retain its unpredictability and would still be highly entertaining. 

Premier league would like the teams who command big support in top league and currently several are in Championship.

The Championship needs to have a leader who looks out for all clubs not to have stupid in fighting. 

Guest mkowl

You will never get a fairer distribution from the top 6 clubs. They throw their dummy out as it is. Think they wanted some of the central pot monies for the overseas TV deal to be split by league position not equally. Can't recall if they got it or not.

9 hours ago, poite said:

My god. Could you imagine Chansiri trying to fight our corner against all these angry owners. 

If DC asks them to become family, there's gonna be a blood bath.

17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Where has he said this?

Taken from Chronicle.

Newcastle United could be set for another end of season cash windfall after Sheffield Wednesday opened talks to sign Achraf Lazaar on a permanent basis.

Owls boss Steve Bruce likes Lazaar and wants to add him to his squad for a promotion push next season.

Lazaar states that 

"Sheffield Wednesday would like to hold me, we're talking about it.

"I have a two-year contract with Newcastle, so we’ll see."

24 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Taken from Chronicle.

Newcastle United could be set for another end of season cash windfall after Sheffield Wednesday opened talks to sign Achraf Lazaar on a permanent basis.

Owls boss Steve Bruce likes Lazaar and wants to add him to his squad for a promotion push next season.

Lazaar states that 

Ooh, not sure about this, two appearances so far, and not a great injury record previously 

I think I would be as mardy conker as Steve Gibson if I lived in Middlesbrough! Have you ever been? What a poo hole of a city! Anything to get out of there for a day!

If he wants a level playing field why not divvy the parachute payments for relegated clubs up between all 24 Championship clubs? 

41 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Taken from Chronicle.

Lazaar states that 

Do we never learn?

This guy has a shocking injury record.

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Ooh, not sure about this, two appearances so far, and not a great injury record previously 

I agree. 2 mins and injured. Needs to be a loan first again and see if he can last more than 5 mins. We have been here before, repeatedly

45 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Taken from Chronicle.

Lazaar states that 

Better than Fox, Newcastle want off their books so not surprised discussions are taking place. 

48 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Taken from Chronicle.

Lazaar states that 

I'm sure Rafa is holding his breath to see what kind of transfer window war chest this could generate for him.

Windfall.

FFS

Edited by RUMBELOWS91