Steve Gibsons declaration of war today

Guest Hirst1867

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Says a lot that Gibson didn’t show his face and have a whinge directly. 

It shows utter disdain for all the other clubs in the league when he calls a meeting then doesn't bother shoving his fizzhog through the door, FFS. 

Derby County invited Middlesbrough owner Steve Gibson to scrutinise the club's accounts in private last month, Sky Sports News understands.

The invitation, which was declined, came after Gibson first voiced doubts over Derby's compliance with EFL financial rules.

Gibson was the leading voice in a group of Sky Bet Championship clubs who, on Wednesday, called for a change in the rules which would have meant all 24 clubs making their financial statements public, rather than submitting them in confidence to the EFL.

Boro's owner feared that, whilst the EFL had issued no sanctions, Derby, Aston Villa and Sheffield Wednesday had not operated in the spirit of the rules.

After a meeting, which took place at Nottingham Forest's City Ground that lasted almost five hours, the proposal was rejected by the remaining Championship clubs.

It has also emerged that Gibson did not attend the meeting to push his case personally - instead, the club's chief executive Neil Bausor was Middlesbrough's representative.

Sky Sports News has approached Middlesbrough for comment, but so far they have declined to do so.

Also See:

Edited by marcx666

39 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

It shows utter disdain for all the other clubs in the league when he calls a meeting then doesn't bother shoving his fizzhog through the door, FFS. 

Wasn't the meeting happening long before Gibson whinges about us and the other two. He just tried to highjack the meeting for his own gain.

I am disappointed with DC and the other teams for not raising the issue of the limits when 10 out of 24 teams have some sort of additional income in the form of parachute payments.

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Wasn't the meeting happening long before Gibson whinges about us and the other two. He just tried to highjack the meeting for his own gain.

I am disappointed with DC and the other teams for not raising the issue of the limits when 10 out of 24 teams have some sort of additional income in the form of parachute payments.

I dunno regarding your first para, 0035. Just going on what I have seen on here. However, if the meeting was arranged prior to Gibson's accusations, then what was the meeting about in the first place? 

Just now, cognacbarnowl said:

I dunno regarding your first para, 0035. Just going on what I have seen on here. However, if the meeting was arranged prior to Gibson's accusations, then what was the meeting about in the first place? 

The EFL teams meet every few months to discuss changes to the game and improving the league they are due to meet again in a few months. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So you don’t think it occurred to them to raise the issue?

Hence your disappointment 

4 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

So you don’t think it occurred to them to raise the issue?

Hence your disappointment 

Dc is very reactive with everything he does, it one of the reason he has had so many issues whilst at the club.

For me if I was at the meeting in the clubs corner I would have been arguing it is because of the parachute payments that so many clubs are now struggling to maintain the losses within the limits. If we do not want the 3 teams that come down to be the 3 that go up the following year we need to scrap parachute payments or allow teams not getting them to compete by their owners being allowed to put more money in.

with clubs getting £40m a season head start on the rest of the league, more often than not the same teams will go back up again.

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

The EFL teams meet every few months to discuss changes to the game and improving the league they are due to meet again in a few months. 

i'll bob 'em a suggestion in, make it an EVEN playing field for everyone in the division, or in other words jack in with the some can have, and some ****ing can't twisted, biased routine.

I know the official stance from the EFL.

The EFL held a meeting on April 11th at the Hilton Preston.

It was decided that we were Sheffield Wednesday and we'd do what we want. Furthermore, we'd be allowed to after Mr Chansiri's Elev8 brand would be used to sponsor the league.

On 24/04/2019 at 08:54, akbuk said:

Are you sure the meeting as been called to discuss individual clubs?

Is it a private meeting or sponsored by the ELF ?

The accounts have nothing to do with Middlesbrough we are answerable to the League.

The best thing Chansiri  could do is send in the club's legal team to represent the club

Send a horses head

4 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I know the official stance from the EFL.

The EFL held a meeting on April 11th at the Hilton Preston.

It was decided that we were Sheffield Wednesday and we'd do what we want. Furthermore, we'd be allowed to after Mr Chansiri's Elev8 brand would be used to sponsor the league.

Melchett.jpg