Steve Gibsons declaration of war today

Guest Hirst1867

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I'm sure Rafa is holding his breath to see what kind of transfer window war chest thus could generate for him.

Windfall.

If he's earning 32k per week, as stated in the Evening Chronicle, then it's saving over 1.5 million a year on a player that they signed in 2016 on a five year contract and has hardly featured for them. It makes sense for them to offload, the question is can we afford to take the chance. 

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Better than Fox, Newcastle want off their books so not surprised discussions are taking place. 

On what basis though, he’s only made the two signings, and both of them have so far missed more games than they’ve played That’s a worse record than both, Carlos and Jos, when it comes to signing crocs

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

If he's earning 32k per week, as stated in the Evening Chronicle, then it's saving over 1.5 million a year on a player that they signed in 2016 on a five year contract and has hardly featured for them. It makes sense for them to offload, the question is can we afford to take the chance. 

No

2 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

I don't know why and have no inside info,but something just makes me think we will have more money to spend than we thing we have.

Thats exactly like my ex used to think, then when its all gone so was she.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

I'd be fine with that.

1st signing should be Westwood then hector.

I’d say other way round, Hector then Westwood but agree it’s clear these two need tying down (not in a kinky way), I mean contract wise, although I would tie them down in a kinky way.

lol 

I do like Lazaar but not at 32k a week even if he was signed on a freebie, given his injury record to date. However, I am prepared to trust Bruce's judgement on this.

It all suggest a big clear out  IMO if we are serious about finding this sort of money, with perhaps a few sales.

8 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Aww gives Daleblue a hug

Don't worry love I know someone who will torpedo her boat in monaco the fleecing cow 

Last I heard she was doing a 5 stretch for Robbery,  (the getaway driver), couldn't pass her test when I new her, she got her

comeuppance.

PS. it was like peaky blinders at our place.

Edited by daleblue
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Another thing with signing Lazaar and Aarons, aside from their injury record, unless they are being signed as squad players, will they actually improve our starting eleven

Yes. Lazaar better than Fox. Aarons provides the pace and trickery we are desperate for.

2 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

Your not a driving instructor by any chance? 

Ha ha, you wouldn't believe it but I was.

On Tanks though.

Edited by daleblue

Guest LondonOwl313
25 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I do like Lazaar but not at 32k a week even if he was signed on a freebie, given his injury record to date. However, I am prepared to trust Bruce's judgement on this.

It all suggest a big clear out  IMO if we are serious about finding this sort of money, with perhaps a few sales.

Can’t see him being on 32k, they signed him when they were in the championship so doubt they’d have signed a foreign left back on that sort of money.. unless he had a big premier league pay rise

30 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Another thing with signing Lazaar and Aarons, aside from their injury record, unless they are being signed as squad players, will they actually improve our starting eleven

Yeah but with many championship signings, especially on the cheap, you either sign a very good injury prone player who you hope will stay away from injury, or take a risk on a average to poo player hoping they will come good. 

Just now, flo said:

Yeah but with many championship signings, especially on the cheap, you either sign a very good injury prone player who you hope will stay away from injury, or take a risk on a average to poo player hoping they will come good. 

We have a fair bit of experience, I’d rather sign loan players that, are young, hungry and fit