Steve Gibsons declaration of war today

Guest Hirst1867

1 hour ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Hell probably turn around to the and say ‘right, I'm going to sell the club’ :Sid:

Is that before or after he tells them that the fans made him hide our account figures? 

1 hour ago, marcx666 said:

Plus the Iorfa fee was covered by the TV money from the Chelsea game, which is the definition of spending what you earn and not taking the p*ss

Probably our best value for money signing for years.

25 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

Haven't Derby now recorded a profit by selling their ground?

I am not sure whether that is clever accounting or breaking the rules.

I wonder whether Derby's ground sale was the final straw for Gibson. I must admit it seems a bit off to me (and I know we were at least looking into something similar). 

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I wonder whether Derby's ground sale was the final straw for Gibson. I must admit it seems a bit off to me (and I know we were at least looking into something similar). 

Derby will argue that they have just sold an asset to generate income , so are playing by the rules.

Got to think something eventually has to give with this whole P and S situation. 

Set up with the right intentions, but the whole thing is becoming a political tool. 

Gibson trying to use it an effort to ensure his team have a better chance of promotion next season. Not great for the integrity of the league going forward. 

Just now, billyblack said:

Well derbys dont look too bad on first glance. Villas though look shocking at about 130 million loss over last 3 years. Not sure how the parachute payments work with that though.

Remember Villa weren't paying HMRC not so long ago. 

I think parachute payments are a bit of a joke, but they still don't address the absolute chasm in income between the Premier League and Championship. 

33 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This is why FFP is a load of rubbish. Why are clubs forced to sell their best players? What if said player doesn’t want to leave? 

Ridiculous rule. The only criticism I have of Chansiri is signings loads of players who weren’t good enough or have hardly played. Even then how can the EFL punish for that? How on earth have the likes of David Jones, Almen Abdi, Jordan Rhodes and Urby Emanuelson given us an unfair advantage? They’ve made us even worse.

Dont overspend in the first place. Thats the reality. Clubs buy and sell players to survive. Buy cheap and sell at a profit. Just that we dont sell, ever.

Dont overspend in the first place. Thats the reality. Clubs buy and sell players to survive. Buy cheap and sell at a profit. Just that we dont sell, ever.

We sold Jack Hunt :Chansiri:

Just now, SiJ said:

Got to think something eventually has to give with this whole P and S situation. 

Set up with the right intentions, but the whole thing is becoming a political tool. 

Gibson trying to use it an effort to ensure his team have a better chance of promotion next season. Not great for the integrity of the league going forward. 

This from a bloke who 's club has had an unfair advantage through failure payments. 

I don't  know  how he has the cheek to complain.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Problem is no matter what rules the FA or FIFA come up with clubs will employ world class lawyers and accountants to go through them and find the loop holes.
Clubs finding way round financial rules has been going on for over 100 years.

It's all b*llocks. Football League spoke to us about FFP, put us under a soft embargo, we then worked with them on it, sold Hunt, didn't sign anyone, and then when we were out of the soft embargo, we only brought Onoma in on loan. In Jan we brought 2 more on loan and Iorfa for 200k paid for by the TV money from the Chelsea game. The only reason he mentioned us in his tantrum is because when he did there was a decent chance of us getting in the playoffs while Boro were in freefall off a cliff. The only remote way he can say we are abusing the rules is with Elev8te and D taxis, but the Footy league would have a hard time proving that neither will ever become a company properly. DC will just stick some monster in a new can :Sid:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, S36 OWL said:

This from a bloke who 's club has had an unfair advantage through failure payments. 

I don't  know  how he has the cheek to complain.

He has the cheek because he's trying to gain his team an advantage. 

I just don't see how Profit and Sustainability is workable in the way football in this country operates. 

The top flight of this county is largely sold on the basis it's the most lucrative division in football. All you hear about during the Championship playoffs is the final is the most lucrative game in world football (200 million for the winner). 

Because of that we have been attracting wealthy foreign investors since Roman at Chelsea in 2003. I think the only club in our top 6 who are owned by someone born in Britain is Spurs and that guy has got an absurd amount of money. 

As a result, more and more Championship clubs have become armed with cash to try and break into the Premier League, one of which is Mr Chansiri. 

Yet we now have the league imposing spending sanctions in an effort to curtail this. The result is points deductions and rival clubs trying to use the system (one way or another) to their advantage. 

The whole thing seems completely incomptable. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He has the cheek because he's trying to gain his team an advantage. 

I just don't see how Profit and Sustainability is workable in the way football in this country operates. 

The top flight of this county is largely sold on the basis it's the most lucrative division in football. All you hear about during the Championship playoffs is the final is the most lucrative game in world football (200 million for the winner). 

Because of that we have been attracting wealthy foreign investors since Roman at Chelsea in 2003. I think the only club in our top 6 who are owned by someone born in Britain is Spurs and that guy has got an absurd amount of money. 

As a result, more and more Championship clubs have become armed with cash to try and break into the Premier League, one of which is Mr Chansiri. 

Yet we now have the league imposing spending sanctions in an effort to curtail this. The result is points deductions and rival clubs trying to use the system (one way or another) to their advantage. 

The whole thing seems completely incomptable. 

Fair comment and i tend to agree.  Its all nonsense. I guess they just have to be seen to be doing something even though its all futile.

Here is the conundrum....

• The premier league expect to be able to off load their garbage at inflated prices on unsuspecting Championship Clubs.
  • Championship clubs suck it up and even supplement poor purchases with OTT agent fees.
  • Not one team is happy with the P & S model currently being pedalled.
  • Transfer fees, in terms of expenditure can be dampened down at the same time as assuring sustainability by clubs lodging a bond with EFL commensurate to investment/s.
  • Football/Sport/Business is lost if the competitive element is taken away. Taking away is the essence of P & S.
  • Financial Control of the Premier League has done nothing but underpin the ever widening wealth gap. Both in terms of Prize and Parachute money.
  • Outside the professional structure less and less kids are playing the game due to the lack of funding. Reduction in the number of pitches is driving up the subscription fees for children when there is more than enough money to sustain our National Game as 'Sport for All' ( A forgotten Catch Phrase).
  • The Premier League apparatchiks, along with the FA and EFL bosses have eroded then lost any credibility they may have once had. It is time for change !
  • Not so long ago Richard Caborn, the then MInister for Sport said "It is incumbent upon Football to bring about it's own change, failure to do so will hasten Government intervention".  Well we're still waiting ?   

4 hours ago, Sonny said:

This is like in The Wire when the Co-op meet to discuss how to stop the Boy Marlo muscling on west side dealers territory. Marlo will just do what he wants regardless.

The game is the game! He could only muscle in on my corners cos Stringer stitched me up. I want my f@@@@n corners back. 

Fair comment and i tend to agree.  Its all nonsense. I guess they just have to be seen to be doing something even though its all futile.

There was a spate of clubs going into admin during the 00s. 

A lot of that stemmed from the collapse of ITV digitial which really hit the EFL very hard. Unfortunately, we entered the division right around that time. 

Still - in an effort to sort this out, it appears to me the EFL have gone way too far the other way.