Steve Gibsons declaration of war today

Guest Hirst1867

It's absolutely disgraceful that this action is being brought by a man who bankrolled his club out of his own pocket significantly before FFP came in and has since benefitted from Parachute payments. You can smell the stench of hypocrisy even at this distance!

Guest Bulgaria
25 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Last I heard she was doing a 5 stretch for Robbery,

Is she Almen Abdis agent by any chance?

7 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

It's absolutely disgraceful that this action is being brought by a man who bankrolled his club out of his own pocket significantly before FFP came in and has since benefitted from Parachute payments. You can smell the stench of hypocrisy even at this distance!

Boro Forum says the complaint has been rejected by the EFL !

• Thanks 1

Guest Hirst1867
2 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Boro Forum says the complaint has been rejected by the EFL !

Don't think it got as far as the EFL - they werent at the meeting

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

On what basis though, he’s only made the two signings, and both of them have so far missed more games than they’ve played That’s a worse record than both, Carlos and Jos, when it comes to signing crocs

You forgot Iorfa. I do agree with you though. Currently mad to sign either and not convinced we couldn’t do better for cheaper even they hadn’t been injured so much (although hard to comment on Lazaar).

8 minutes ago, Hirst1867 said:

Don't think it got as far as the EFL - they werent at the meeting

The EFL accountants were according to Sky, also, "There was also advice from solicitors that Steve Gibson's plans might have run contrary to competition law, by forcing confidential company accounts to be made public." Honestly I thought he was intelligent, I guess not if he thought this would work.

Edited by marcx666

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Apparently according to the same article lazaar is on £32,000 a week artist rate it's a NO from me £10-15,000 a week and a free transfer then get him in but on at silly prices quoted.

Was Steve Gibson their source of information for this article?

2 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I'm sure Rafa is holding his breath to see what kind of transfer window war chest this could generate for him.

Windfall.

FFS

With the 600k they will get for Lazaar, he'll be able to buy the left toenail of a new Premiership central midfielder for 2 months. 

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Apparently according to the same article lazaar is on £32,000 a week artist rate it's a NO from me £10-15,000 a week and a free transfer then get him in but on at silly prices quoted.

Absolutely no idea where that £32k is from.

According to this, Aarons is on £14k pw and Lazaar is on £12k pw

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/newcastle-united-f.c/payroll/

13 hours ago, Hirst1867 said:

The meeting of all Championship clubs is set for the City Ground today to discuss the financial conduct of Wednesday Villa and Derby.

Seems that its not just Gibson that is angry about our conduct - many other clubs are too - and they are demanding an EFL investgation. Also increased transparency over P&S rules and how clubs are conducting themselves.

Be interesting to see how this one plays out. I wonder, in the absence of Katrien, who will be attending to represent us and state the argument for our defence

Any proof of this?