PRE SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS MEGATHREAD

2 hours ago, ReginaldD said:

As long as it's on reasonable wages and no more than 2 year deal then I'd be happy with him in. Bit worried that he's already been injured here but trust Bruce if he thinks he shouldn't be a fitness worry going forward. Do like what I've seen of him, better defensively than I was expecting with a good left foot and he's quick and hard working.

12 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Lazaar currently on 32k a week at Newcastle! 

Other reports suggest he is on closer to £12K. Newcastle signed him on a five year deal the summer after they were relegated. I would be surprised if Mike Ashley sanctioned £32K a week at that time for a player who was probably earning significantly less than that at Palermo in the lower reaches of Serie A.

3 hours ago, frastheowl said:

To be fair, if Maddison isn't consistent at League One level, I'm not sure ANYBODY can be classed as consistent at that level. His record is phenomenal.

This season alone, after not featuring under Steve Evans, he's scored 8 goals and 14 assists from 31 starts

He's got as many assists in 2018/19 as Eden Hazard (13 assists), and more than Christian Eriksen, Ryan Fraser and  Pablo Hernandez, who have all had brilliant seasons (12 assists). Only Nicky Adams (15), and Said Benrahma (14) have more than him. 

Only FOUR players have been involved in more goals than him (either goals or assists) this season; Pablo Hernandez (12G, 12A), Pogba (13G, 9A), Jamal Lowe (14G, 8A) and Reece Brown (10G, 11A). 

In League One, ONLY Jamal Lowe has been involved in more goals...and he's played 12 games more than Maddison. 

And finally, since the start of the 2017/18 season, Maddison has scored 16 goals and had 29 assists in League One...only Lyle Taylor has contributed more in that time (34 goals, 15 assists). 

I think it's fair to say...he's the epitome of consistent. And I'm certain somebody from the Championship will take a punt on him this summer (assuming Peterborough don't make a late dash for the playoffs and get promoted). 

Sounds like Lyle Taylor is a better player 

8 hours ago, gurujuan said:

We need to bring in young, hungry and fit loan players Surely we’ve learned our lesson, going for injury hit more experienced players? Look at what Huddersfield did, the year when they secured promotion

Someone like Lazaar is still 27 and clearly wants to prove himself. His physical attributes are the kind many clubs look for.

10 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Someone like Lazaar is still 27 and clearly wants to prove himself. His physical attributes are the kind many clubs look for.

Yes, 27 is still relatively young, but he isn’t the sort of player I’d be happy about paying a fee for. We can surely borrow better, or at least as good. If you look at younger players, you are generally looking at players who clubs believe can go further. Yes, I know loans are not without cost, but if we look for younger players, they have the attributes we want, and are less of a risk. In our position, we can certainly borrow better than we could afford to buy

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, 27 is still relatively young, but he isn’t the sort of player I’d be happy about paying a fee for. We can surely borrow better, or at least as good. If you look at younger players, you are generally looking at players who clubs believe can go further. Yes, I know loans are not without cost, but if we look for younger players, they have the attributes we want, and are less of a risk. In our position, we can certainly borrow better than we could afford to buy

Usually yes, but Lazaar isn’t wanted at Newcastle and is an international who has played serie A. We kept hold of Pudil too long but he was a shrewd freebie/nominal fee buy with some real quality and I think Lazaar could be the same.

16 minutes ago, Prince said:

Pudil going and Fox hopefully listed, Lazaar with Penney as backup sounds good to me. This guy has shown promise and will only be on around £10k at Newcastle probably a lot less than Pudil”s wage.

Indeed he has looked good, but started just two games in four months, nah

Lazzar at £2m would be excessive. I'd pay £500k (the new £350k) for him if he is only on £10k per week. That's not a bad deal for a good player. I'd trust Bruce to judge the injury issue.

Lazaar is a definite improvement on what we already have.

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Lazzar at £2m would be excessive. I'd pay £500k (the new £350k) for him if he is only on £10k per week. That's not a bad deal for a good player. I'd trust Bruce to judge the injury issue.

Lazaar is a definite improvement on what we already have.

I wouldn’t. Injuries have crippled us this last few years and we’ve appear desperate to sign a player who got injured 2 minutes after he walked through the door. 

Same with Aarons.  

The whole thing is bonkers. If we sign players like this, we will end up in the same boat 18 months down the line. 

55 minutes ago, vulva said:

I wouldn’t. Injuries have crippled us this last few years and we’ve appear desperate to sign a player who got injured 2 minutes after he walked through the door. 

Same with Aarons.  

The whole thing is bonkers. If we sign players like this, we will end up in the same boat 18 months down the line. 

The point is that we seem to be a club that injures players.

3 hours ago, Prince said:

Pudil going and Fox hopefully listed, Lazaar with Penney as backup sounds good to me. This guy has shown promise and will only be on around £10k at Newcastle probably a lot less than Pudil”s wage.

Got told pudil on 20k a week on monday.

• Haha 1