PRE SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS MEGATHREAD

6 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Hes much more mobile than Nuhiu, but doesn’t have the same touch. He’s looked quite raw, like a Sodje type.

Yes he probably is, but I still wouldn’t want to see that type of player arriving. For me it has to be, someone who can lead the line, an upgrade on Fletcher, if we want to play one up. If we plan on playing two up, then someone who can form a pairing with Fletcher, or Forestieri. Having said that, I prefer Forestieri wide in a three

Was quite impressed by Kasey Palmer when he came on for Bristol City yesterday. Looked mobile and positive from the middle of the park which is something I think we lack without K.Lee. Is he still on Chelsea’s books? If so we could have a sniff of a loan after looking after Hector this year?

9 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Was quite impressed by Kasey Palmer when he came on for Bristol City yesterday. Looked mobile and positive from the middle of the park which is something I think we lack without K.Lee. Is he still on Chelsea’s books? If so we could have a sniff of a loan after looking after Hector this year?

We might have a squeak 

I'm interested to see what happens with Chelsea's enormous stash of young players this summer. The footballing authorities really don't seem too fond of them, obviously they've been embargoed for breaking the rules to do with signing young players, plus FIFA keep making noises about limiting the number of players you can have out on loan to stop these ridiculous situations.

Will the embargo mean they keep loaning out players for fearing of not having them available if needed, or will they sell to bring some cash in? The likes of Hector and Palmer clearly have no future there.

1 hour ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I'm interested to see what happens with Chelsea's enormous stash of young players this summer. The footballing authorities really don't seem too fond of them, obviously they've been embargoed for breaking the rules to do with signing young players, plus FIFA keep making noises about limiting the number of players you can have out on loan to stop these ridiculous situations.

Will the embargo mean they keep loaning out players for fearing of not having them available if needed, or will they sell to bring some cash in? The likes of Hector and Palmer clearly have no future there.

I thought summat was happening this summer about teams hoarding all the young talent and just loaning them out? 

3 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

That Romaine Sawyers of Brentford was mint against Leeds. He just kept pinging passes about after one touch and was strong and mobile.

If only we had any money left :sad:

There are a few players in that Brentford team that would improve us big time. 

2 hours ago, jack whitham said:

What about offering Reach to Newcastle in exchange for Aarons and Lazaar :biggrin: ?

One player who plays every week for two players who have only been here 4 months and already spent a large chunk of that period out injured.

Not for me I’m afraid. I rate them both, but big question marks over whether they can stay fit. 

Guest gizowl
2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

One player who plays every week for two players who have only been here 4 months and already spent a large chunk of that period out injured.

Not for me I’m afraid. I rate them both, but big question marks over whether they can stay fit. 

Yes, obviously got the talent we're looking for, but can't risk planning a season campaign with their injury records especially with Bruce wanting to work with a smaller squad, but just chill, our manager knows what he wants, and he's got a team of scouts out there, taking in matches all over the country, they'll be watching players we've never thought or heard of, as well as players he's possibly managed before, I'm confident he'll do the best on the budget he's allowed, and that's not been done for a few years, hence the trouble we're faced with atm. 

27 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

There are a few players in that Brentford team that would improve us big time. 

Agreed, but they do find them from the league below, premier league reserves and the lesser fancied teams on the continent. We haven’t been prepared to take a risk on anyone like that under DC, but that’s the key to FFP in my view. 

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Agreed, but they do find them from the league below, premier league reserves and the lesser fancied teams on the continent. We haven’t been prepared to take a risk on anyone like that under DC, but that’s the key to FFP in my view. 

Our scouting network leaves a lot to be desired. 

Guest gizowl
46 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Our scouting network leaves a lot to be desired. 

It did, but SB has already made changes to eradicate this by employing 5 full time scouts that worked for him at AV, where have you been? 

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Weren't Matias and Joao risks from the continent?