PRE SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS MEGATHREAD

Lazaar has two years left of his 5 year deal he signed at Newcastle they paid £2m for him.

He has managed just 4 appearances out of a possible 16 games since he joined us. For me I would not be signing him on a permanent basis instead I would look to bring him in on loan with Newcastle playing a chunk of his wages.

There are some good players on free in the summer for cheaper wages and better playing record Jake Bidwell for one for me would be a better signing, over 250 games in the championship with Brentford and QPR.

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Lazaar has two years left of his 5 year deal he signed at Newcastle they paid £2m for him.

He has managed just 4 appearances out of a possible 16 games since he joined us. For me I would not be signing him on a permanent basis instead I would look to bring him in on loan with Newcastle playing a chunk of his wages.

There are some good players on free in the summer for cheaper wages and better playing record Jake Bidwell for one for me would be a better signing, over 250 games in the championship with Brentford and QPR.

I thought he’d be a good signing. Read the QPR forum and they all think he’s rubbish. 

Then again, Hull fans said Hector was rubbish.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I thought he’d be a good signing. Read the QPR forum and they all think he’s rubbish. 

Then again, Hull fans said Hector was rubbish.

Strange really because I remember people  raving about him when Brentford first come up to the Championship and they made the play offs. 

Would be a good signing, also seen Jones Knudsen whose leaving Ipswich, 26, 6ft 2, plays both centre half and left back. Stoke was trying to sign him last year and was really rated under big Mick, could be a decent free who covers a few positions. 

1 minute ago, 1993swfc said:

Strange really because I remember people  raving about him when Brentford first come up to the Championship and they made the play offs. 

Would be a good signing, also seen Jones Knudsen whose leaving Ipswich, 26, 6ft 2, plays both centre half and left back. Stoke was trying to sign him last year and was really rated under big Mick, could be a decent free who covers a few positions. 

He’d be a good addition. Would look at Semi Ajayi at Rovrum too, although I bet a few Championship clubs will be sniffing around him. He’d be the commanding centre midfielder we’ve needed for so long.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He’d be a good addition. Would look at Semi Ajayi at Rovrum too, although I bet a few Championship clubs will be sniffing around him. He’d be the commanding centre midfielder we’ve needed for so long.

Good call sir.

27 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Good shout mate, decent player. 

1 hour ago, 1993swfc said:

Could be a very good signing. Looked a very good full back 12 month ago. Seemed to lose his place at Ipswich though. Not sure whether that was down to injury or poor form though?

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Agree, Ajayi has really stood out in that Rotherham team, offers a lot of goals too for a holding player. 

28 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Could be a very good signing. Looked a very good full back 12 month ago. Seemed to lose his place at Ipswich though. Not sure whether that was down to injury or poor form though?

Possibly. I’m sure I remember Rowett trying to buy him for Stoke but it not happening. But I doubt he’s on big money and for a free doesn’t look a bad player. 

1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

In my opinion he is one of the worst starting left-backs in this league. Long throw aside he has very little to offer, struggles against pace and panics when under pressure.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
9 hours ago, room0035 said:

Bidwell is crap! My QPR mate actually despises him!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
7 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Lost his place because he asked for a move. Lambert got the arse on and refused to play him!

12 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Bidwell is crap! My QPR mate actually despises him!

A lot on here said iorfa was crap can't get in the Ipswich team ahead of Jordan Spencer must be useless.

Yet for the last year I have been saying he would be a great signing and look now how good iorfa is and how good he could become.

You don't play 250 games in the championship over 6 season if your crap. Bidwell will be an improvement on what we currently have at left back and he's the right price....... Free agent.

Bidwell and Knudsen were both decent at this level a couple of years ago, but time moves on, there are better options out there. That’s how I feel about Lazaar, yes he’s better than what we have, but he’s not someone I’d be busting a gut to sign