PRE SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS MEGATHREAD

On 26/04/2019 at 22:45, modboy said:

Huddleston might be an outside bet. Need a DCM 

This kind of signing on a one

year deal I wouldn’t mind. Back up

to Hutchinson and still got quality. Yes he

doesnt have the legs he has not that he had much in the first place but a decent buy. Cattermole was mentioned too and again think he would be decent.

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

doesnt have the legs he has not that he had much in the first place but a decent buy. Cattermole was mentioned too and again think he would be decent.

Not for me, any back up for Hutchinson, has to have much younger legs. In fact, that would apply to most positions we are looking to fill. 

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Rather have him as starter with hutchinson as back up myself

7 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Rather have him as starter with hutchinson as back up myself

Think we need a few midfielders that can be rotated, all of an equal quality though they may have different strengths.

Up front we really need a settled 2 or 3. Ideally around Fletcher and Joao imo, though both may need to be sacrificed financially.

Who would you suggest?

A hint came from Bruce himself earlier in his tenure, when he said we would be looking at the squads of the top six Premier League clubs. That would be my preference, borrowing some talented youngsters from those clubs

20 hours ago, gurujuan said:

A hint came from Bruce himself earlier in his tenure, when he said we would be looking at the squads of the top six Premier League clubs. That would be my preference, borrowing some talented youngsters from those clubs

Possibly a long quiet summer if that’s the case. He’s said he won’t rush into something just for the sake of getting anyone in and most of the premiership loans never seem to get sorted until late. I’d be happy with that and the general prem loan approach.

On 26/04/2019 at 22:18, james o connor said:

I haven’t said anybody is a has been as such I just don’t want players like lee who haven’t kicked a ball in 2 years aged 31 and with a gammy hip to have a new deal . Same with hooper. Time to look forward not backwards . 

Fox is a cheap back up who has improved . Of course I want him to stay 

Bruce doesn't appear to be a big fan of Fox. Palmer a RB is stuck in at LB in preference to Fox. 

On 28/04/2019 at 09:32, hatcheeks said:

I am really surprised at how many people want us to sign Lazaar and Aarons given their injury records

Do we know what there injury record is like for Newcastle? Is it just for us (like most) that they have been injured?

1 minute ago, hawksmore said:

Joe Hart possibly available on a free transfer. 

If we are to lose Westwood, I think Hart with his experience could be good for a 2 year deal, to also help with Dawson and Wildsmith’s development 

I imagine his wages will be far too high for us. If he doesn’t get a lower PL club, he’s still well-known enough to go to China or MLS or sumat and coin it in for a few years in an easy league