PRE SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS MEGATHREAD

6 hours ago, jack whitham said:

What about offering Reach to Newcastle in exchange for Aarons and Lazaar :biggrin: ?

That's exactly the sort of deal Wednesday are good at...swap one of our most consistent and fit players who costs us a few million for 2 crock inconsistent rejects that are basically free transfers to anyone who will pay their wages. 

Edited by Rogers

5 hours ago, flo said:

Weren't Matias and Joao risks from the continent?

Before we changed strategy, it was a bit scattergun at the time. Then we switched before the deadline and brought in home based players. 

To be fair that was the right decision then as the likes of Bannan, Hooper and Forestieri were bargains and you’d choose them over gambles. But a mix of fitness issues and not selling at the right time has cost us. 

8 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

One player who plays every week for two players who have only been here 4 months and already spent a large chunk of that period out injured.

Not for me I’m afraid. I rate them both, but big question marks over whether they can stay fit. 

Like the rest of the team you mean?

13 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Before we changed strategy, it was a bit scattergun at the time. Then we switched before the deadline and brought in home based players. 

To be fair that was the right decision then as the likes of Bannan, Hooper and Forestieri were bargains and you’d choose them over gambles. But a mix of fitness issues and not selling at the right time has cost us. 

They were also both relatively, young, cheap and injury free

On 23/04/2019 at 11:26, Quist said:

The majority of those at end of contract are certain to leave.

I can only see Palmer and Westwood being issued with new deals.

If Lee is prepared to accept lower terms think he may get a chance, however if injury he endured is one which will cause him further problems he will be gone as well.

Hooper appearance record as never been good and looks slower than when previously played for us can not see a deal being offered to him.

Bruce seems to have a good relationship with Newcastle and every chance we will bring Laazar and Aarons back to the club. it would not be a surprise for him to try and sign Gayle from them on loan as he likes pace in his strikers.

Hector I do not think will command as high a fee as some are indicating and think we will try and bring him here as he has fitted in well. Previous to his good spell with us he had several poor seasons and he was one of those left on shelf when our embargo was eventually lifted. I could also see him having a go for Tomori from Chelsea . he needs another year at Championship level and think he will do well next year.

I can Van Aken, Rhodes, Winnall, Pelupessy, Nuhiu, Fox, and Joao all being allowed to move if anyone comes in for them.

I am certain he will try and sign a couple of central midfield players but I have no idea who and also an attacking player who can play wide or as number 10. no idea who though.

In other words I expect major changes in year ahead.

I like a lot of these suggestions. Especially selling Van Aken, Rhodes, Winnall, Pelupessy, Nuhiu, Fox, and Joao. 

Selling Joao would be very good business because i just don't think we'll ever see the player we have hoped for. 

If we could twist Newcastle's arm to let us have Gayle for the season along with Hooper, Fletcher, Nando, Matias and Rhodes then i think we have very solid options up top.

Aarons, lazaar, Hector all on season long loans would be very good business too, especially if we get them early and Bruce can keep them fit, plus i think a but more weight in midfield too

Then i would like us to keep Westwood, Palmer and Lee too. I think Bruce will also keep Boyd just because he's Mr durable (yet lacks any real threat imo)

On paper it looks pretty simple and i'm confident we would win the league!

Westwood

Iorfa

Hector

Lees

Lazaar

Aarons

Hutch/Lee

Bannan

Nando

Gayle

Flecther 

HMS PTL Incoming 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

IN:

Michael Hector (loan)

Achraf Lazaar

Ryan Kent (loan)

Gavin Massey

Lee Cattermole

Nick Powell

Rhian Brewster (Loan)

OUT:

Winnall

Nuhiu

Van Aken

Matias

Boyd

Hooper

Lee

Jones

Abdi

Wishful thinking lol

I doubt we could afford Brewster , he would cost millions. 

• Haha 3

On 23/04/2019 at 17:36, gurujuan said:

Maddison isn’t even consistent at league one level, so probably would find it difficult in this league You see glimpses of his talent, but often he looks pretty ordinary

To be fair, if Maddison isn't consistent at League One level, I'm not sure ANYBODY can be classed as consistent at that level. His record is phenomenal.

This season alone, after not featuring under Steve Evans, he's scored 8 goals and 14 assists from 31 starts

He's got as many assists in 2018/19 as Eden Hazard (13 assists), and more than Christian Eriksen, Ryan Fraser and  Pablo Hernandez, who have all had brilliant seasons (12 assists). Only Nicky Adams (15), and Said Benrahma (14) have more than him. 

Only FOUR players have been involved in more goals than him (either goals or assists) this season; Pablo Hernandez (12G, 12A), Pogba (13G, 9A), Jamal Lowe (14G, 8A) and Reece Brown (10G, 11A). 

In League One, ONLY Jamal Lowe has been involved in more goals...and he's played 12 games more than Maddison. 

And finally, since the start of the 2017/18 season, Maddison has scored 16 goals and had 29 assists in League One...only Lyle Taylor has contributed more in that time (34 goals, 15 assists). 

I think it's fair to say...he's the epitome of consistent. And I'm certain somebody from the Championship will take a punt on him this summer (assuming Peterborough don't make a late dash for the playoffs and get promoted).