Onomah

3 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Not according to Bruce 

I think i will go with his decision 

He seemed to get a lot of game time at Villa in a squad that wasn't exactly short of quality midfield cover. Bruce obviously saw something in his game.

2 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

He seemed to get a lot of game time at Villa in a squad that wasn't exactly short of quality midfield cover. Bruce obviously saw something in his game.

28 games i think 

Also a regular in the under 20s world cup winning team 

makes me laugh when proffesional scouts and managers go and watch a potential target numerous times but the keyboard experts on here can pass judgement on a player after the odd game here and there 

His season has been littered with playing / sometimes under Joss and 2 serious injuries but inspite of his obvious pedigree , he is not good enough for us  

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 21:47, Rogers said:

I wrote this in the other thread

“I’m not sure what type of player he is, box to box (no - doesn’t score - he runs about, but hardly ever makes great c Palmer-K Lee breaks into the box nor tracks back), defensive (no - he’s not the best getting stuck in nor tracking their attacking midfielders) playmaker (no - his passing isn’t great, losses possession a lot), he just seems lost to me and gives the ball away too much.”

What’s his best position? He was inconsistent and frustrating at Villa and is the same now. 

He will end up at Leyton Orient or somewhere being a first team player, but how he’s still at Spurs I’m not sure. 

I kind of agree with this. He doesn't have a particular role he seems to do a bit of everything although I do think he can be effective. As we saw against Norwich his kegs gave us something we have been missing most of the season a midfield runner. This made us look at much better side.

He is still young and needs games in my opinion and I don't think he'll make the Spurs side but I could see him having a good career at top end champ or low end prem.

If your going to challenge up near the top where we want to be you need players with consistency, application and the right attitude. 

From what I've seen of him he just Dosent show enough of all three, a bit like joao. 

I'm sure we can get someone in on loan for less that will give us more. 

3 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I kind of agree with this. He doesn't have a particular role he seems to do a bit of everything although I do think he can be effective. As we saw against Norwich his kegs gave us something we have been missing most of the season a midfield runner. This made us look at much better side.

He is still young and needs games in my opinion and I don't think he'll make the Spurs side but I could see him having a good career at top end champ or low end prem.

In theory, looking at his game, he could cover the Lee role in midfield Consistency is the issue, plus the injury worries

I think he’s one of those that probably favour the stats I don’t look at  or notice at large for example 

close downs, miles run, headers won interceptions. I never really notice him do any of these but likes been said professionals and scouts seem to like him. He reminds me a lot like Joao in terms of you know he has quality but he looks like he doesn’t care at times. For me it’s a no give me a half fit Sam Hutchinson over him any day 

Does he get into our first Xl ahead of Bannan and Hutch? No.

Is he good enough cover for Bannan? Yes.

Would he get in ahead of Joey to cover Hutch? Close call, probably no.

So, I’d happily keep him if we can afford him. If we keep Lee, and he is fit, there’s no sense in keeping Onomah.

On 21/04/2019 at 20:32, hugeowl said:

28 games i think 

Also a regular in the under 20s world cup winning team 

makes me laugh when proffesional scouts and managers go and watch a potential target numerous times but the keyboard experts on here can pass judgement on a player after the odd game here and there 

His season has been littered with playing / sometimes under Joss and 2 serious injuries but inspite of his obvious pedigree , he is not good enough for us  

Yeah, cos scouts are always right. 

Time will tell. I’ll gladly say I was wrong. He’ll never get in Spurs team and will move to Brentford or someone and then not be a regular with them either. 

At his age the biggest worry is the injuries.

Why should we bring back somebody with his injury record unless the medical team are certain they won’t reoccur which I doubt they can be when they have  been things like thigh and hamstring strains.

The elbow was just unfortunate 

2 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Doesn’t do nearly enough and like most loans, commitment to club and cause will always have a question mark over it.

Most loans are eager to impress. E.g Hector, Aarons and Lazaar. Onomah is the opposite, he probably can't wait to get back to Spurs and earn more money than Championship players without actually playing. Hes a million miles away from the sort of commitment and desire you need to be successful at this level.