Onomah

What are peoples thoughts on him? I know we haven't seen much of him but i do rate the lad from what i have seen and thought he played well again last night SB clearly rates him so i wouldn't be surprised to see him back here next season.

Dunno - I guess he's one of those players that needs a run of games to get up to speed. None of his little cameos scream out that he should be back next season but Bruce has seen a lot of him and, if he thinks Onomah is the man, who are we to disagree?

I don't think we have seen the best of him. Jos didn't know how to use him properly so he was in and out of the side and told to play in a way that isn't natural to him. Since then he's been out most of the time.

Last night i thought he was nothing special but to be honest he was just back from injury so it is unreasonable to expect anything else. There is a player in there and I think given a good run in the team with Bruce asking him to play to his abilities  we might then see how good he is.

I don't know about having him back next year. Other priorities might mean we have to give him a miss.

He’s like Joao - got all the attributes but invariably you don’t see the level of performance that you expect.  I expect that he will go back to Spurs and I would like to think we can get better. He’s the type we should be looking for - athletic, box to box midfielder.

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

What are peoples thoughts on him? I know we haven't seen much of him but i do rate the lad from what i have seen and thought he played well again last night SB clearly rates him so i wouldn't be surprised to see him back here next season.

I must have been watching a different game because I though he was awful. 

Gave the ball away when in good positions, lazy when tracking back or not at all. Never seem to do his defensive work.-

Guest wilyfox

I like the idea of him more than the player he's actually been for us. Has some attributes we need, but his loan has not been a success. 

Would have liked to have seen him paired with Hutchinson over a few games. They look as if would complement one another. however injury and jl has robbed us of seeing this. unfortunately due to injury he has not been a success. To play high pressing game we need a pacey player who can close down quickly but also can deliver a neat pass. I can not see him coming back next season in circumstance.

WBA at home he was excellent, saw a post last night calling him a League One player, totally laughable statement, he’ll have a better career then a lot of our established players. I’d like to think SB can get him on another season long loan and get him involved from the start with a good pre season under him.