Onomah

12 minutes ago, WadsleyOwl said:

WBA at home he was excellent, saw a post last night calling him a League One player, totally laughable statement, he’ll have a better career then a lot of our established players. I’d like to think SB can get him on another season long loan and get him involved from the start with a good pre season under him. 

I would agree but he is going to have to improve and get up to speed pretty quick. compare him to a Foden or even a Grealish at the moment and its chalk and cheese.

Dont think he will ever be a regular for Tottenham.

I don't think he's necessarily lazy nor a bad passer, his big issue is concentration which at times is severely lacking and he gives the ball away when it's an extremely pass that's on, then the next moment he can slip a lovely through ball to someone. He just needs more games to grow and mature as a player, just not with us thanks.

I wrote this in the other thread

“I’m not sure what type of player he is, box to box (no - doesn’t score - he runs about, but hardly ever makes great c Palmer-K Lee breaks into the box nor tracks back), defensive (no - he’s not the best getting stuck in nor tracking their attacking midfielders) playmaker (no - his passing isn’t great, losses possession a lot), he just seems lost to me and gives the ball away too much.”

What’s his best position? He was inconsistent and frustrating at Villa and is the same now. 

He will end up at Leyton Orient or somewhere being a first team player, but how he’s still at Spurs I’m not sure. 

Not fussed about him, flatters to deceive as things stand.

Made a point of watching him almost every time we weren't on the ball, I'd say 9 times out of 10 he was doing an extremely slow jog back like it was a Saturday morning in the park. Reminds me a bit of Lewis McGugan if truth be told when he isn't in possession.

4 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

I would agree but he is going to have to improve and get up to speed pretty quick. compare him to a Foden or even a Grealish at the moment and its chalk and cheese.

Dont think he will ever be a regular for Tottenham.

He’s not on the same planet as Foden, and Grealish is a way better player. 

Spurs put at $15m bid in for Grealish in the summer. 

I'd like to see what Bruce could do with him 100% fit. Jos clearly didn't rate him and I don't think many players can shine under that kind of treatment. If I have one criticism of him it's that he is slightly lethargic and I actually put that down to being at a Premier League club. You see a lot of loanees come down from the Premier League and coast and he does do that sometimes but last night he played quite well.

• Like 1

He's started no more than three consecutive games for us, and so he's hardly had a consistent run in the side, but that's because he seems to have picked up a fair few knocks this season.

That should probably tell us enough about whether we ought to be interested in bringing him back for next season. If you loan a player in, they have to remain fit as a bare minimum, and Onomah's not even come close to that. We're not going to be in a position to sign him permanently unless we go up, so him missing games through injury is as much a failure as if he plays but plays poorly. 

There is a player there alright though, and it's a huge shame we didn't get to see more of him. He'll go out to another Championship club next season, remain injury free, and no doubt do very well. As it is though, he epitomises the grand failure of this season for us in more ways than one.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I would play him with Bannan for the last few games. Joey played well last night but he’s usually awful I think we may as well attack in the last few games anyway 

Whilst I completely agree about him drifting in and out of games, looking lazy etc. His run into the box distracting the defenders likely makes our second goal possible. 

I cant remember the last time Bannan, Hutch or Joey ghosted into the box for a cross. Reach maybe but he was part of a midfield three. 

I think he has attributes and ability, just question his application and desire. 

7 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

I'd like to see what Bruce could do with him 100% fit. Jos clearly didn't rate him and I don't think many players can shine under that kind of treatment. If I have one criticism of him it's that he is slightly lethargic and I actually put that down to being at a Premier League club. You see a lot of loanees come down from the Premier League and coast and he does do that sometimes but last night he played quite well.

Yeah I totally agree on the point about being a premier league loanee. Looks to me to be a classic product of a premier league academy. He seems to be used to having ages on the ball and thinking players will just stand off him and watch. For me, the best players in the championship are the ones who make it seem like they’ve got ages on the ball because of how composed they are under pressure. Onomah lacks that at the moment I reckon, but maybe Bruce is the bloke to get it out of him 

11 hours ago, Rogers said:

I wrote this in the other thread

“I’m not sure what type of player he is, box to box (no - doesn’t score - he runs about, but hardly ever makes great c Palmer-K Lee breaks into the box nor tracks back), defensive (no - he’s not the best getting stuck in nor tracking their attacking midfielders) playmaker (no - his passing isn’t great, losses possession a lot), he just seems lost to me and gives the ball away too much.”

What’s his best position? He was inconsistent and frustrating at Villa and is the same now. 

He will end up at Leyton Orient or somewhere being a first team player, but how he’s still at Spurs I’m not sure. 

Not according to Bruce 

I think i will go with his decision