Leeds Fan In Peace (again)

6 hours ago, TomBee said:

Not exactly true, everyone hates Leeds and if they go up this season and like any similar sized "sleeping giant" (us, forest, villa) they wouldn't be too unjustified targeting 7th/8th. Yes, it's a big step but there's a lot of dross in the prem from 7th downward, and that'd then only put them 1 or 2 places short of man utd. 

One or two places short maybe..... several light years behind, most definitely.

Us to win but in fairness when I lived in Manchester they did have a rivalry with Leeds like with Arsenal as both were up at the top.

Quick story early 2000's back off summer holiday and went to book one for later in year at travel agents with Mrs anyway we found a cracking deal so about to book when I had to ask the travel agent to check Wednesdays fixtures while I'd be away anyway while there doing that and Mrs is giving it the who would ask that speech we just hear the bloke at next desk shout at Mrs "Theres no way I'm going on holiday then its Leeds away" so while I'm weeing myself winding the Mrs up Travel rep then says Colchester sir foooooking Colchester needless to say I went on Holiday.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Us to win but in fairness when I lived in Manchester they did have a rivalry with Leeds like with Arsenal as both were up at the top.

Quick story early 2000's back off summer holiday and went to book one for later in year at travel agents with Mrs anyway we found a cracking deal so about to book when I had to ask the travel agent to check Wednesdays fixtures while I'd be away anyway while there doing that and Mrs is giving it the who would ask that speech we just hear the bloke at next desk shout at Mrs "Theres no way I'm going on holiday then its Leeds away" so while I'm weeing myself winding the Mrs up Travel rep then says Colchester sir foooooking Colchester needless to say I went on Holiday.

Part timer

Bruce has got us playing some decent football. A lot of it is quite simple in that he's played a fairly similar team and not made numerous changes. Added to that we don't mess about with it as much at the back. He's added a calmness around the place and the atmosphere has been lifted. You can't really compare his situation at Villa to here because ultimately the situation with the ownership there made it very difficult for anyone and considering they didn't like him much anyway he was onto a hiding to nothing there. Here he is appreciated for being a manager with a damn good record.

As for the game on Saturday, We want to win, of course we do. From my point of view play offs have always been a bit of a pipe dream. If we win it keeps that thin hope alive. As for the United factor, the way I see it if we lost it won't feel quite as bad as maybe it should do.

As for a prediction, I actually think it might be a draw. I also think United will draw with Millwall so it'd same as with one less to play.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I’m hoping that a draw for us in this game and win our last 4 will be enough. Hopefully Yoonited mess it up themselves!

15 hours ago, WBridgfordowl said:

It’s an odd one. Obviously want us to win, but defeat would not be too hard to take.

I don’t really expect us to get into the playoffs, so anything to stop the scrubbers going up is a good thing

Indeed. Seeing the scrubber masses coming out of the woodwork for the Playoffs, only to be disappointed again would be extremely funny. Wilder sacked after the fake Prince takes over would be even funnier.

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

one result I don't want and  that's a draw …...we have to win and if we are level going into injury time i'd be sending westwood up if we get a corner . 

In that scenario.. I'd want to see Bruce..Agnew..chansiri and tango jostling in their box..

• Haha 5

I want any Wednesday side to win any match any time. I genuinely do not care whether Leeds or Sheff Utd get promoted. I'm only ever interested in the Owls - and either way, we are not going to far behind them. Steve Bruce will take Wednesday to the premier league. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I hope we hammer you and the pigs somehow manage to spaff their own hopes by going on a dreadful run of their own making.

Another 6-0 like 2014 under Gray will do. What a game that was,

• Like 2

12 hours ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

I’ve never wanted Wednesday to lose a game and won’t be starting now.

Up the Owls - Wednesday till I die.

Lets say you'd had an accumulator pre season on the winners of all four divisions, 3 scottish divisions and winners of FA and league Cups. They are all in and you win 2 million pounds if , say, Portsmouth beat Wednesday in the last (rearranged) match of the season to complete the bet. Wednesday are 8th so nothing to play for. Would you still want us to win ?  Or your son is on trial at Bury playing for a contract to be a professional footballer in a meaningless friendly v Wednesday who have played their reserves. Wouldn't you want him to score a couple to realise his dream?  Like all of us, I'm Wednesday till I die, but there are scenarios where I'd not be unhappy if we lost.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, stevie snerklebox said:

One or two places short maybe..... several light years behind, most definitely.

Indeed, can't see any teams consistently breaking into the top 6 for at least a decade. Or until they wee wee off to a European super league. Still think the games will be tasty, and with man utd sticking with ogs over the summer, they most likely will have a dodgy start next season.