Jump to content
Cjay

Leeds Fan In Peace (again)

Recommended Posts

Hello :biggrin:

 

Thought i would do another one of these given the importance of the game on Saturday for us both. 

 

You needing the win to keep your playoff hopes alive and obviously we need it to be certain of keeping your rivals at bay. :ohmy:

 

So since Bruce came in you have been one of the form teams (5th place in the form table). What has Bruce done to achieve this? 

 

Bruce at Villa especially towards the end had earned a reputation for being negative, the football wasnt good to watch, is this the case for you to or was that unfair? 

 

Obviously you are in the strange position where you have to win for yourselves but in doing so you can help your City rivals take a step closer to promotion, we had a similar situation in 2003 i think it was, had to beat Arsenal to aid us in our relegation battle but in doing so would hand Manure the title as we ended up doing. 

 

Is that something that bothers you, the fact you can help Sheffield United or is it just a case of forget that and just get the best result you can regardless? As fans i mean, not the players they are professionals, but as fans is it a bittersweet sort of thing. 

 

Finally the game on Saturday, confident? How do you see it going?

 

Any responses appreciated :wub:

 

Thanks.

 

Cjaylol

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's bittersweet but you go for the win, no matter what imo.

 

Bruce just knows how to get the best out of the players at his disposal (and Jos Luhukay was an absolute car crash of a managerial choice).

 

Hope the rivalry with Man Utd rages on. I'm sure they are terrified.*

 

lol

 

 

 

 

 

*sorry, couldn't help myself.

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, markowl said:

On what planet are Leeds rivals with Manchester United?

 

:Sid:

 

 

Beat me to it , dude lol . But you forgot theword "EVER" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, markowl said:

On what planet are Leeds rivals with Manchester United?

 

:Sid:

 

Ask a Man U fan who their rivals are and Leeds would be way down that list...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll beat you. 

 

That's the most Wednesday thing to do in the world. Might as well give the Blunts 2nd place now ffs. 

  • Agree 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If results go against us Sat PM, we will gladly take a narrow 10-0 defeat (to help your GD as well). If they go our way, a super 10-0 win for us.

 

Hope this helps

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s an odd one. Obviously want us to win, but defeat would not be too hard to take.

 

I don’t really expect us to get into the playoffs, so anything to stop the scrubbers going up is a good thing

  • Agree 7
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting and fair minded comnents.....

Until you just had to mention your biggest rivals WTF:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We want to win. The Blunts will take care of themselves.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

 

Ask a Man U fan who their rivals are and Leeds would be way down that list...

Not exactly true, everyone hates Leeds and if they go up this season and like any similar sized "sleeping giant" (us, forest, villa) they wouldn't be too unjustified targeting 7th/8th. Yes, it's a big step but there's a lot of dross in the prem from 7th downward, and that'd then only put them 1 or 2 places short of man utd. 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the spirit of the post....

Bruce isn't a negative manager and we aren't playing negative football generally. But against a top 2 side with the injuries we have in midfield we aren't able to be gung ho. We might do a high press if we have the players available. 

We are 60 to 1 for top 6 and personally while I obviously want us to win, I'd rather lose than draw.

However, I don't want the pigs to go up but I have to say that even their fans are showing much more balance about this than the Leeds fans I know (lovely people that they are except when talking about football). I'm so glad we aren't a one club city, as we might be as deluded present company excepted.

I'd say you are deservedly favourites but you should be concerned. We are well motivated, tactically sound and all our forwards are in form and scoring.

Should be fun.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TomBee said:

Not exactly true, everyone hates Leeds and if they go up this season and like any similar sized "sleeping giant" (us, forest, villa) they wouldn't be too unjustified targeting 7th/8th. Yes, it's a big step but there's a lot of dross in the prem from 7th downward, and that'd then only put them 1 or 2 places short of man utd. 

 

Wolves have spent around £200m on players in the last couple of years to be in a position to seriously challenge for 7th/8th - and they're still 16 points nearer to the relegation zone than they are to the top.

 

Not many promoted clubs are going to be able to spend anywhere near that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Hello :biggrin:

 

Thought i would do another one of these given the importance of the game on Saturday for us both. 

 

You needing the win to keep your playoff hopes alive and obviously we need it to be certain of keeping your rivals at bay. :ohmy:

 

So since Bruce came in you have been one of the form teams (5th place in the form table). What has Bruce done to achieve this? 

 

Bruce at Villa especially towards the end had earned a reputation for being negative, the football wasnt good to watch, is this the case for you to or was that unfair? 

 

Obviously you are in the strange position where you have to win for yourselves but in doing so you can help your City rivals take a step closer to promotion, we had a similar situation in 2003 i think it was, had to beat Arsenal to aid us in our relegation battle but in doing so would hand Manure the title as we ended up doing. 

 

Is that something that bothers you, the fact you can help Sheffield United or is it just a case of forget that and just get the best result you can regardless? As fans i mean, not the players they are professionals, but as fans is it a bittersweet sort of thing. 

 

Finally the game on Saturday, confident? How do you see it going?

 

Any responses appreciated :wub:

 

Thanks.

 

Cjaylol

3-2 to you lot, but with your forward line we might have to score all five.  WTF:

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man United Leeds biggest rivals maybe to Leeds. Reality Leeds well down pecking order to Manure. Now if you were Liverpool then may warrant the title rivals. Leeds should stick to Huddersfield as main rival then punching at right level.

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Bruce plays the type of football to suits the players he has.

 

We aren't exactly playing total football, but we can knock it about and are happy to mix it up when required.

 

Win/win on Saturday for me.

 

Get the win and we may keep our extremely faint hopes of the play offs alive. Lose and it probably screws United over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well at this point either you (Leeds) or the pigs are going up because West Brom are messing up their chances (sacking Moore went well). So it's a case of pick your poison, which in that case all we can do is look after us and win the game. There will more twist and turns between you and that lot after this game which will decide it i reckon. If i had to pick who i would prefer to be promoted it would be..........neither, Sorry can't physically say either team. As for Bruce. He is class and i still can't believe we have him, gets the best out of players (watch Boyds goal on Tuesday). Will be a good game Saturday, going 1-1 draw.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...