Leeds Fan In Peace (again)

Who do I want to get promoted, Leeds or the pigs?

It's not hard

Leeds aren't our rivals, Leeds nearest rivals are Bradford

We have a proper Derby, a same city Derby, there's only 8 or 9 teams in the country who have a same city Derby

Leeds will never understand how it feels to win or lose in a same city Derby, they have to conjure up rivalries with teams they want to be rivals with like Man Utd

I hope Leeds go up, and the piggies suffer in the play offs again

That's the way it is with same city Derbies

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, markg said:

Not even up for debate. We go for the win.

If that ends up helping United then so be it. If United finish second it won't be because of this result, it will be because they've done enough to finish second over a full season.

Yeah but it'd be much funnier if they finished a point adrift after failing to score against us twice and missing a penalty (in the dark days of Jos when we didn't keep a clean sheet until we played them away in November) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miffed said:

Hi Marcelo,

Seeing as you are here, pressumably because you got recognised at our training ground, I will give you all the inside knowledge you need.

Firstly, our danger man is Fox. If he plays then you need to make sure you have 3 players on him at all times, whether he has the ball or not. Dont bother with the rest if the team, just mark Fox.

The knowledgeable folk on Owlstalk will tell you that Fletcher, Hooper, Hutchinson and Lee (although still injured) are all finnished here. Check the threads, search the forums... the experts will tell you, these players are all done here. I wouldnt worry about any of them.

Next, Liam Palmer..... he is shocking. Again... read the forums, He would be better to move away from Wednesday for the sake of his own career and for the good of the club.

Sam Winnall is the one to watch. With every game that he does not play, he turns more into a cross between Messi and Ronaldo. The longer he is out the more of a world beater he becomes. By Saturday he will be 2 days better, so youd better watch out.

I wouldnt bother with any of that defending lark, just play 2 at the back. We like to play for 0-0 draws, especially away from home so we will be looking for another 0-0 win!

We lack width and pace so dont let any of that bother you. We will just sit back... we have no outlet... its the Wednesday way.

you forgot to sign off Jos.

• Haha 1

Tbf, the one normal Leeds fan I know believes the Man U rivalry thing.

Contrary to popular belief, he is a Leeds fan you could have a sensible discussion with.

That didn't stop him from claiming that Man U *missed* them because of the great *rivalry*.

As he was pretty much my line manager, I nodded and smiled.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, andytrig said:

My boss is a Leeds fan and he's a smug ladies front bottom and I hope we smash you on Saturday.

Typical  LEEDS fan.

They are all the same.....

Come on Wednesday  !

Put them to the sword. 

Show them we are  -

YORKSHIRES NUMBER 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mardy Bum said:

i only ever want us to win, I dont care who it aids in what ever position. Never understand why a wednesday fan would want to lose a match especially against weeds.

Ok what if United were gonna win Prem and we were 14th and playing Chelsea and Chelsea had to win to win the Prem. 

Also what if the whole world would end if Wednesday won. What then?

Edited by flo
  • Haha 5

42 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Yeah but it'd be much funnier if they finished a point adrift after failing to score against us twice and missing a penalty (in the dark days of Jos when we didn't keep a clean sheet until we played them away in November) 

Yes definitely. 

Fully expect the piggies to win Saturday, and they will go second.

leeds will be shaking like pooing dogs come kick off time against us, knowing it's a 'must win' to go back 2nd..

And we will win 1-0

don't be disheartened though, you will end up 2nd...the piggies are serial bottlers..

4 hours ago, Cjay said:

Hello :biggrin:

Thought i would do another one of these given the importance of the game on Saturday for us both. 

You needing the win to keep your playoff hopes alive and obviously we need it to be certain of keeping your rivals at bay. :ohmy:

So since Bruce came in you have been one of the form teams (5th place in the form table). What has Bruce done to achieve this? 

Bruce at Villa especially towards the end had earned a reputation for being negative, the football wasnt good to watch, is this the case for you to or was that unfair? 

Obviously you are in the strange position where you have to win for yourselves but in doing so you can help your City rivals take a step closer to promotion, we had a similar situation in 2003 i think it was, had to beat Arsenal to aid us in our relegation battle but in doing so would hand Manure the title as we ended up doing. 

Is that something that bothers you, the fact you can help Sheffield United or is it just a case of forget that and just get the best result you can regardless? As fans i mean, not the players they are professionals, but as fans is it a bittersweet sort of thing. 

Finally the game on Saturday, confident? How do you see it going?

Any responses appreciated :wub:

Thanks.

Cjaylol

Being owlstalk you were bound to get dozens lol 

21 minutes ago, flo said:

Ok what if United were gonna win Prem and we were 14th and playing Chelsea and Chelsea had to win to win the Prem. 

Also what if the whole world would end if Wednesday won. What then?

Because we have an outside chance of the playoffs, I want us to win. If this were the last game of the season and Leeds needed to beat us(and we were mid table) to deprive United of promotion I would want us to lose. There's no conundrum there. In a 2 club city, half (well, not half, about 25%) of the fun is being better than your rivals so, naturally you want them to fail. If United go up, they will be unbearable. I don't like Leeds, they are a horrible club in every way, but they were the best side at Hillsborough this season and I don't like United even more. Best scenario would be us to win, and Millwall to equalise in the 90th minute and score from a disputed penalty in injury time.

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

No offence intended to Leeds, but your rivals are Bradford City and Huddersfield Town.  

Man Utd care as much about Leeds as they do about Wednesday.

For the record, I'd sooner the Blades went up.  They aren't as big-headed as your lot.

Too true bud, but they are stobborn or should i say "pig headed" lol

Edited by shezzas left peg