Marco Matias

31 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

No one knows what Bruce will do but he had more than long enough to assess the squad.

..as such I am confident he will make the sort of decisions that eluded his two predecessors.

i'm no fan of carlos (I think I make that much clear), BUT i'm not convinced in any way he was responsible for quite a bit of the shyte fetched into s6, to help the gaffer spend his money.

I think carlos, thinking he was fantastically lucky to get the job kept his head low and didn't rock the boat. 

jos, well f*** knows what he was thinking.

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

I wouldn’t give Matias a new deal. His wages could be better spent imo

Like many of our players he is nowhere near consistent enough. We need players who stay fit, give 100% and are consistent. I know this is easier said than done but Matias and a few others have had their chance, time to move on.

5 hours ago, dorian gray said:

there's no 'old rubbish' here, matias is a lightweight, he's pretends to offers defensive cover, he's lacking in aggression, he's not the 'roll your sleeves up type' and he's nowhere near the player we hoped we had after his goal at l**ds.

IF you or anyone else cannot see that certain players coming to the end of their 'very lucrative sheffield wednesday' contracts are suddenly going to 'find form', then you are 'naive'.

no more lightweight w*nkers in wednesday shirts on good money, or bad money for that matter.

we'll leave his injury record out of it for the present.

As I say you're going down the conspiracy theorist path. You would do yourself looking at his record when he plays, he deliveries the goods.

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

As I say you're going down the conspiracy theorist path. You would do yourself looking at his record when he plays, he deliveries the goods.

there's no 'conspiracy' at all, he's a proper lightweight, he's nigh on worthless in defence (if not worse) he's no physical presence in m/f (if there's anything more than a mild breeze blowing he can go over), and in attack he's nothing like the players needed to launch us on a serious challenge.

the only 'goods' he has ever delivered was at bellend road, and hasn't he lived well on the back of that?

you know his worth brucie, get shut.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Let him play his natural game, instead of messing about chasing back deep into the defence.  

Make use of his ability to be able to ghost into the area unnoticed, a dream for Bannan.

If we have restraints placed on who we can sign then we will be very lucky to unearth a player of his quality. 

Keep him and play him. 

what's 'his natural game', w*nking about?

the only game he is playing is drawing good money, for old rope.

11 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Seems a bit drastic but unlike many a season gone by I’d not be overly upset if any player is moved on. 

However moving on half a squad and replacing many is a huge risk when the current crop are performing at top 6 form. Based on that I’d assume we are more fine tuning than complete overhauling. 

I don’t think it’s drastic at all. I think it’s necessary

Edited by McRightSide

I thought we showed last night that a side built some 3+years ago to play a 'high tempo' closing down game cannot do it for any length of time, and when facing that itself it has little or no release from it.

we need (at least) a fast attacker who can score goals to support fletcher (as I assume he'll be staying, as I don't see a queue a mile long to take his wage on). 

depending on what he wants to do, we may keep hooper, but it would be as 'not first choice', as sadly he doesn't have that speed, but has skill in bucket loads.

from last nights game it's abundantly clear fox needs replacing, with boyd, matias and nuhiu going also. 

Sorry but this summer has to be ruthless. Players who’ve been here 3/4 years have had loads of chances.. if they aren’t essential now they never will be.  Some are on big money. Time to say goodbye sadly

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Sorry but this summer has to be ruthless. Players who’ve been here 3/4 years have had loads of chances.. if they aren’t essential now they never will be.  Some are on big money. Time to say goodbye sadly

Agreed . Matias isn’t a bad player at all but we need players who are reliable and consistent . Hooper is another that is surplus to requirements