Marco Matias

12 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Hes absolutely dogga

What is wrong with some people - completely useless, he scores two goals and everyone’s rating him?

He misplaced pass after pass and cannot read the game at all 

...and also tracks back to help defend and puts in some excellent tackles but we'll just ignore that, makes your point seem better.

Apart from a few minor niggles all players get he’s been fit for most of the past year but rarely picked.

Not helped his cause by getting sent off at vital moments either. A good player if used correctly but clearly viewed as a bit of a luxury player by our various managers.

Probably playing for a contract now so has extremely hard work to do to convince our current manager he’s worth it in the five remaining games.

Very close to getting a hat trick and gave himself a chance of another starting spot last night.

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Those whose contracts are up (Abdi Jones etc) need releasing. Of those under contract, who add nothing to the first team, then even with no fee you are releasing wages. Replace them with loan signings, paying a pc of their wages. So suppose we could get someone to take fox on a free transfer. You release let’s say 10k per week.  Bring in someone like Hector whose probably on 30k a week and pay a third of his wages. Very symplistic I know, but it would improve the team with little financial implications 

True.

How many loan signings are we allowed to bring in? I think there is a limit or there used to be?

Abdi and Jones on frees. Understandable and I agree.

If we're signing frees though aren't they likely to be players who have similarly been released from their clubs for one reason or another. 

It's a tricky market 

If Fox is anywhere near £10k a week I'll stand hanging , mind!

12 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Hes absolutely dogga

What is wrong with some people - completely useless, he scores two goals and everyone’s rating him?

So he had a pass accuracy of 78.6%
"misplaced pass after pass"

78.6 was our 4th highest.
2 of the 3 ahead of him were defensive players, so likely to be making far less risky passes.
the only one ahead was Reach with 79.6. Pretty similar.

Boyd 73.3, Palmer 63.6, Fox 69.8, Joao 62.5, Fletch 53.6.

So, what can we conclude?

You're wrong and you don't know what you're talking about. :)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

How many loan signings are we allowed to bring in?

Clubs are allowed to sign up to eight players on loan but can only select a maximum of five loanees in a match squad.

They can only sign a maximum of four players from a specific club, with only two being over the age of 23.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

Clubs are allowed to sign up to eight players on loan but can only select a maximum of five loanees in a match squad.

They can only sign a maximum of four players from a specific club, with only two being over the age of 23.

Suspect Bruce might be keen to get Aarons and Lazaar back in for next term so that might be two

15 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Furkin hell 

Seen it all now

Absolute waste of space with no footballing brain whatsoever - no spacial awareness and wastes pass after pass

Sooner we get rid the better

No footballing brain? That's an odd term to use for someone who in a split second saw an opportunity to catch the keeper of guard by volleying a 25 yard shot with some of the best technique ive seen in a long time.  

I'd say maybe, he's lightweight and can at times go down fair too easily. But he's a decent footballer.

No footballing brain awards would go to: Pelupessy and Joao.

The best footballing brain of the year award would go to: Hooper. A step above everyone else. Watch his movement off the ball. Beautiful. 

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

True.

How many loan signings are we allowed to bring in? I think there is a limit or there used to be?

Abdi and Jones on frees. Understandable and I agree.

If we're signing frees though aren't they likely to be players who have similarly been released from their clubs for one reason or another. 

It's a tricky market 

If Fox is anywhere near £10k a week I'll stand hanging , mind!

I know a footballer and he’s mates with Fox. He reckons he’s on £8k PW. The connection is that they used to be teammates at Charlton.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

I know a footballer and he’s mates with Fox. He reckons he’s on £8k PW. The connection is that they used to be teammates at Charlton.

I went into Waitrose to use the toilets last week and saw Fox doing his weekly shop, so he must be on at least 8k a week.

• Haha 1

I doubt we can carry as big a squad as we have done in the last 3 years going forward with P&S, so it's vital we have a squad of players with proven levels of fitness. I'd be willing to make exceptions for Hooper and Lee because they are proven top end Championship players and have earned another shot with their contributions prior to their long term lay offs. Matias hasn't, which is a shame as I think he'd be a valuable member of the squad if he could stay fit.

3 hours ago, Philb125 said:

You’ll find the stats here: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1290244/LiveStatistics/England-Championship-2018-2019-Sheffield-Wednesday-Nottingham-Forest

not pretty reading though if looking to back up your theory. 79% pass completion with 3 unsuccessful touches/bad control and 2 times dispossessed. 47 total touches so about 10% give or take. 

Rated best player on park park by a significant margin. 

interesting stat, but safe passes back to Lees or other defenders when there was room to go forward would presumably affect these stats -that was my main beef with him last night. I think sometimes opinions are governed by goals scored - both had an element of good fortune last night - although who cares we won in the end.

• Haha 1

On 09/04/2019 at 22:12, TodwickOwl said:

Hes absolutely dogga

Apart from laying on "sitters" for Lucas Joao and Fletcher in the first half, assisting his full back, hitting one from the edge of the box forcing their keeper to make a great save and scoring two, yeah he was average. Can you imagine the excitement had Forestieri put in that performance? 

• Like 3

I think Matias is one of the only players who can hold his head up high and say I have had a good year this year (not including those who were banished under Jos).

Is he worth a new contract ? Who knows. Depends on the finances, will we be able to afford better ??

I think it was obvious from the start that Matias is a talented footballer, but one who spent lot of time trying to get used to Championship football.

This season he emerged as one of our hardest working players. 

It should be hard decision if we should keep him, or let him go. But lets wait these last five games to see how he will perform.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cockers said:

Apart from laying on "sitters" for Lucas Joao and Fletcher in the first half, assisting his full back, hitting one from the edge of the box forcing their keeper to make a great save and scoring two, yeah he was average. Can you imagine the excitement had Forestieri put in that performance? 

I'm not his biggest fan as I don't think his tactical awareness is suited to Championship football and his decision making isn't great at times but there's no debating whether or not he had a good game against Forest and was as influential as anyone in the result and the amount of good chances we created.

I think the moment when Bruce put him up front on his own against Swansea to get him away from any responsibility his mind was made up, I'd be astonished if Matias is here next season.

Edited by Owls2k

This summer is a huge financial opportunity and we have to make it count, and that means some hard decisions to allow us to rebuild. That means:

Pudil

Jones

Abdi

Boyd

Matias

Hooper

Lee

Should all be released. The latter two could always be re-signed later in the Summer

Van Aken

Rhodes

Pelupessy

Nuhiu

Winnall

Should be sold - or given to - the highest bidder

FF - 4m

Joao - 6m

Should be sold if we get over the above amount

Penney

Thorniley

Wildsmith

Should be moved on if we get the chance

Don’t underestimate the size of opportunity nor the size of task to rebuild that we have. 

Injuries have crippled us (pun intended) for years. We finally have the chance to sort that out

Edited by McRightSide