Kieran Lee

9 minutes ago, Dave DJ said:

I’m assuming that he’ll still be released in the summer though. Hopefully we can give him a send off against QPR on the final day. 

I'd let him return for pre season training and see how things go. 

All goes well in a few friendlies then offer him a short term deal or a month to month contract. 

1 hour ago, JackSWFC said:

Whether or not he ever get fully match fit and plays for us again, I’m pleased for him that he’s got himself to this stage. Doesn’t strike me as the kind to be happy to sit on his arse and pick up his wages.

Trust you're not talking about Abdi there.

Lee would be a huge boost. he had knee injury which was completely different from hip problem he had earlier. if he comes back will make big difference to team. Absolutely delighted to see him in full training.

59 minutes ago, cowl said:

I can't imagine any other team offering him a contract without proving his fitness first so unless he expressly wants to get away from the club (and there's no reason to suggest he wants that), then we'll still probably represent his best option this summer.

Bruce strikes me as the kind of manager that:

A - Would not want to let the chance that a top quality midfielder can return to fitness/form

B - Has a bit of loyalty about him, that he deserves a chance with us. 

• Like 2

Carlsberg type season ending.

Lee returns and scores winner in play offs from one of his bursts from midfield.

Failing that I'll settle for Hooper grabbing the winner!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Carlsberg type season ending.

Lee returns and scores winner in play offs from one of his bursts from midfield.

Failing that I'll settle for Hooper grabbing the winner!

Against the blades

• Like 1

We miss him more than any other player. 

There's some very talented players on our books, but overall I'd put Lee right at the top.

He pretty much ticks every box you'd want. An excellent player. 

I agree that Keiran Lee is the player we've missed most over the last 18 months.

But in our current team, on current form, who would be dropped to accommodate him (when fully fit). Bannan? No. Hutchinson? Maybe. Reach? Can't see that. Arrons? No, we need his pace.

I hope Kieran gets back in the squad before the end of the season. Bruce could have a difficult decision to make.

I absolutely adore Kieran Lee. 

Anyone who calls him a crock can do one. The lad got injured by playing in pain to try and get us to the Premier League. He ran his heart out every week for us and proved to be our most important player. The lad was a free transfer from Oldham originally signed as a right back.

I’d love to see him play for Wednesday once again to give him the send off he deserves. Even better I’d love him to get back into the team and earn a new contract.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

I agree that Keiran Lee is the player we've missed most over the last 18 months.

But in our current team, on current form, who would be dropped to accommodate him (when fully fit). Bannan? No. Hutchinson? Maybe. Reach? Can't see that. Arrons? No, we need his pace.

I hope Kieran gets back in the squad before the end of the season. Bruce could have a difficult decision to make.

it's all about options.  The reason why I think we will fail to make the play offs is lack of back up options in key positions. If Hutch, bannan, hector or palmer get injured we are screwed.  It's a decent starting 11 but a woefully poor bench at the moment.  Even the striking department we only have one genuinely fit forward and he is probably 6th or 7th choice.  When Lee is match fit he is such an important player.

39 minutes ago, james o connor said:

A 31 year old with a gammy hip is not what’s required moving forward

Genuinely happy for the lad if he does actually manage to carry on his career but I’m sure Bruce (and even chansiri finally ) is wise to offering ageing crocks new seas 

Yeah, you say it *Like it is*...we get it. 

• Haha 2