Kieran Lee

6 hours ago, HighworthOwl said:

April 1st is screaming out for an "Abdi commits his long term future to Sheffield Wednesday by signing a 3 year deal" message from the club.  

That would get a few people fired up! 

Half the posters on here would have heart attacks and keel right over, be right funny if they did sign him up for another three years.  @james o connor would spontaneously explode lol.

• Haha 5

Guest Jack the Hat
3 hours ago, Dave DJ said:

I’m assuming that he’ll still be released in the summer though. Hopefully we can give him a send off against QPR on the final day. 

The final game is the play off final at Wembley.

10 hours ago, james o connor said:

A 31 year old with a gammy hip is not what’s required moving forward

Genuinely happy for the lad if he does actually manage to carry on his career but I’m sure Bruce (and even chansiri finally ) is wise to offering ageing crocks new seas 

Do you think we’re spending a fortune on his rehabilitation for him to walk straight into someone else’s first team then?

I’m pretty sure some sort of assurances based on fitness and pre season have already agreed.

Loyalty is a two way street!

15 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

it's all about options.  The reason why I think we will fail to make the play offs is lack of back up options in key positions. If Hutch, bannan, hector or palmer get injured we are screwed.  It's a decent starting 11 but a woefully poor bench at the moment.  Even the striking department we only have one genuinely fit forward and he is probably 6th or 7th choice.  When Lee is match fit he is such an important player.

Exactly right.  Against an auto chasing team (the pigs), it was an even game. But our options from the bench that day were Nuhiu, Boyd and Fox.  Imagine in a few weeks if we could bring on Hooper, Lee, Lazaar.  That’s another level of subs 

2 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Surprised Lee starting given what Bruce said.

No reason why he can’t do 45 mins today and then play instead of Bannan tomorrow night. I used to play Saturday/Sunday all the time. Once played 22 games in April.

Aye, it might have been a bit of a struggle even for you had you been out for nigh on two years with a hip injury.

:duntmatter:

6 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

No reason why he can’t do 45 mins today and then play instead of Bannan tomorrow night. I used to play Saturday/Sunday all the time. Once played 22 games in April.

And now we cant even spend our legal tender in Hillsborough.

Ah the good old days.

15 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

A lot of Saturdays and Sundays in that particular April then?

• Haha 2

On 29/03/2019 at 20:52, Mycroft said:

Half the posters on here would have heart attacks and keel right over, be right funny if they did sign him up for another three years.  @james o connor would spontaneously explode lol.

That alone would be worth keeping Abdi for.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, September65 said:

A lot of Saturdays and Sundays in that particular April then?

He is oldish so could be Alzheimer's, but yeah, I'm intrigued too.......because I used to play Saturday mornings for school, Saturday afternoon for the youth club and Sunday mornings for the local pub team, but can't get anywhere near 22.

1 minute ago, Weshallovercome said:

He is oldish so could be Alzheimer's, but yeah, I'm intrigued too.......because I used to play Saturday mornings for school, Saturday afternoon for the youth club and Sunday mornings for the local pub team, but can't get anywhere near 22.

Wouldn't that be up to 12 matches then, and more depending on when the 1st weekend was (up to 15)? Add another 7 for April Fools Day and you are there?