Kieran Lee

7 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

He is oldish so could be Alzheimer's, but yeah, I'm intrigued too.......because I used to play Saturday mornings for school, Saturday afternoon for the youth club and Sunday mornings for the local pub team, but can't get anywhere near 22.

Maybe he has counted the matches where they used their jumpers to make the goals out in the street and found an old can to use as a ball. :rolleyes:

51 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Surprised Lee starting given what Bruce said.

No reason why he can’t do 45 mins today and then play instead of Bannan tomorrow night. I used to play Saturday/Sunday all the time. Once played 22 games in April.

Yeah cos I’m sure you played at the same level that Kieren Lee plays at... f.uck me sideways.

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Wouldn't that be up to 12 matches then, and more depending on when the 1st weekend was (up to 15)? Add another 7 for April Fools Day and you are there?

I did think about adding training on Tues and Thurs, but still only got 21........now reckon it must have been a charity thing, like when our school decided to do a 24 hour 5 a side, which ended after 10 hours because everyone was knackered, we won 433 - 417 though.

Just now, Weshallovercome said:

I did think about adding training on Tues and Thurs, but still only got 21........now reckon it must have been a charity thing, like when our school decided to do a 24 hour 5 a side, which ended after 10 hours because everyone was knackered, we won 433 - 417 though.

That a Dave Allen formation?

• Haha 1

Some of you lads obviously never played local football.

Played for both Saturday and Sunday team. By April after clocks have changed mid week league games kick  in for matches postponed in middle of winter. Add in cup games for both teams and over 20 games was easily possible. 

3 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Played for both Saturday and Sunday team. By April after clocks have changed mid week league games kick  in for matches postponed in middle of winter. Add in cup games for both teams and over 20 games was easily possible. 

Yes, but did you ever have hip surgery at the age of 29? 

4 hours ago, oldishowl said:

I know what you are saying here. Our Sunday team once had to play 7 matches in 9 days to get the fixtures in. We needed to win them all to finish runners up in the league....which we did. It was big thing for us in those days. It was knackering tho even if 100% wasn’t out best.

But for a pro we expect 100% and their best at the same time.

19 minutes ago, steelowl said:

anyone know how he did today?  massive step back for the lad fingers crossed 

Looked good on the ball if a little rusty. Found himself in good scoring positions a few times and chose the wrong option.

Clearly unfit and was blowing after about 10 minutes. Managed 45 minutes although kept holding his lower back worryingly!!!

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, mark77 said:

Looked good on the ball if a little rusty. Found himself in good scoring positions a few times and chose the wrong option.

Clearly unfit and was blowing after about 10 minutes. Managed 45 minutes although kept holding his lower back worryingly!!!

i'm no physio but many a player coming back from serious injury often aggravates something else he'll have lost a lot of condition 

as i said we all have fingers crossed for him 

41 minutes ago, steelowl said:

i'm no physio but many a player coming back from serious injury often aggravates something else he'll have lost a lot of condition 

as i said we all have fingers crossed for him 

What like...

yer hip bones connected to yer thigh bone

then yer thigh bones connected to yer..knee bone

Then yer knee bones connected to yer ..ankle bone

now hear de word of de lord?

That sorta thing?

Edited by asteener1867
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats bloody ambigous mate..... lol

true ...fecking pendant :biggrin: