Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Depends on what the manager can get out of them. Some teams in recent years have been promoted with players most of us would have turned our noses up at. 

What you mean like the squad across the city?

3 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Depends on what the manager can get out of them. Some teams in recent years have been promoted with players most of us would have turned our noses up at. 

Agree. At the start of the season just gone who would have said Leeds had a top 2/3 team.

14 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

Agree. At the start of the season just gone who would have said Leeds had a top 2/3 team.

They had a top 2/3 manager though for the whole season. That helps...

3 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Think that’s certainly true if you’re starting with no other players and filling every vacancy with mid table players.

However if you have players throughout the team who are amongst the best in the division but gaps in the first eleven or squad where certain positions are occupied by ‘bottom table championship players’ then filling those gaps with better players lifts the team. 

Bidwell > Fox

Vaulkes/Morsy > Joey

Odubajo > Palmer

Those three positions/players being upgraded makes our overall team / squad much better than last term despite their potential replacements being mid table players as you put it. 

Think its Palmers place to lose tbh...He had a decent season.............

6 hours ago, casbahowl said:

LOL , remember about 20 of us being in Schiphol airport the day after the Sparta Rotterdam pre season friendly and someone bought a copy of the News Of The World.

Emblazoned across the front page was the headline " Premier League manager in kerb crawl shocker"! ........... Guess who appeared at that very minute!

Still under the influence of some of the local hospitality one of the gang confronted him with the paper to which he replied ....... "I'm just flying to Italy to sign Paulo Di Cannio"!

Happy days

Well that didn't happen

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Think its Palmers place to lose tbh...He had a decent season.............

I meant no disrespect to the players who I think are worse than the names brought in, they are still decent squad members who all will no doubt play there part. 

Palmer definitely played better and better as season went on but his assists / goals at this level are non existent. But to have almost always available and always dependable is a great squad member. 

The drama with chasing high profile loans is you will be waiting all summer to the absolute last minute for the prem clubs to decide, am sure we will use the market at some point but we need a few through the door earlier 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

The drama with chasing high profile loans is you will be waiting all summer to the absolute last minute for the prem clubs to decide, am sure we will use the market at some point but we need a few through the door earlier 

Could do with a few through the door going the other way as well to balance the books.

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

I meant no disrespect to the players who I think are worse than the names brought in, they are still decent squad members who all will no doubt play there part. 

Palmer definitely played better and better as season went on but his assists / goals at this level are non existent. But to have almost always available and always dependable is a great squad member. 

While you can’t discount need for full backs to get forward and create, their primary job is to defend, especially in a back four. I’d like to see Palmer get forward more often, he’s a good passer and now he knows how to time his runs, there’s no reason he should be able to deliver He is one of our best defenders though. Sometimes I think people’s idea of a good defender, would be someone like Reda, because of the goals he gets. It’s already getting a bit like that with Iorfa, who is nowhere near as good a defender as Palmer, but he gets forward, creates, and scores goals

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Yes, that’s a fair point, but we do have a fairly decent squad already