Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

49 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Think the amount of fullbacks we’re being linked to would suggest otherwise 

Being linked with and the club being interested are totally different.

Even if all the rumours and speculation are genuinely club led, they don't necessarily signify that Bruce doesn't see Palmer as first choice RB.

It could be that the club are just "encouraging" Palmer to sign, or maybe Palmer has already indicated that he's likely to leave so we need a replacement. It's not the same as replacing him because Bruce has judged him as not being good enough.

50 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, let’s hope it’s just idle speculation

Yes let’s hope and pray that newspapers indulge in speculation and that we don’t actually sign nine fullbacks. The jury is still out for me though.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Being linked with and the club being interested are totally different.

Even if all the rumours and speculation are genuinely club led, they don't necessarily signify that Bruce doesn't see Palmer as first choice RB.

It could be that the club are just "encouraging" Palmer to sign, or maybe Palmer has already indicated that he's likely to leave so we need a replacement. It's not the same as replacing him because Bruce has judged him as not being good enough.

It could be exactly how you describe ....... 

or conversely SB thinks from what he's seen we need new fullbacks! 

7 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

It could be exactly how you describe ....... 

or conversely SB thinks from what he's seen we need new fullbacks! 

Loving the way this transfer window has got fans speculating

SB is like a breath of fresh air

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jp1981 said:

Normally to the end of June. New contracts start on the 1st July.

Always wondered why contract's run out end of June, would make more sense to be end of May wouldn't it? That way clubs can get there squad's sorted earlier or is it summat to do with players being on holiday?

2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Anyone else think these links to free signings are just a smokescreen and we're going spend like the Lannister's?

No, me neither.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Hopefully we don't get crushed in the transfer market WTF:

• Haha 4

Guest addedtime
1 minute ago, SupremeOwl said:

*SPOILER ALERT*

Hopefully we don't get crushed in the transfer market WTF:

That joke went down in flames!!

7 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Anyone else think these links to free signings are just a smokescreen and we're going spend like the Lannister's?

No, me neither.

If we believe the rumours of the ground sale in theory yes, we could go on spendageddon mk2. However, id like to think we learnt our lesson. 

Palmer had a decent time at full back but if we weren’t looking to improve both LB and RB then Bruce wouldn’t be doing his job properly in my opinion. 

Anyone thinking we can challenge for the top 2 or even top 6 with the likes of Palmer and Fox as first choice will be disappointed.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Palmer had a decent time at full back but if we weren’t looking to improve both LB and RB then Bruce wouldn’t be doing his job properly in my opinion. 

Anyone thinking we can challenge for the top 2 or even top 6 with the likes of Palmer and Fox as first choice will be disappointed.

Fairly sure we’ve just spent the back end of the season challenging for the top 6, with Palmer first choice 

10 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Fairly sure we’ve just spent the back end of the season challenging for the top 6, with Palmer first choice 

Yes, it’s all a bit bizarre, our back four, or five, including Westwood, was pretty solid, and was the one unit that didn’t need too much tinkering. Bring Hector back, and upgrade the left back. Our issues were further forward, in midfield, and up front, where the blend wasn’t right

36 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, it’s all a bit bizarre, our back four, or five, including Westwood, was pretty solid, and was the one unit that didn’t need too much tinkering. Bring Hector back, and upgrade the left back. Our issues were further forward, in midfield, and up front, where the blend wasn’t right

It’s all rumours and speculation, until owt is confirmed I won’t be worrying 

getting Hector back will be hard if you ask me, and Palmer is yet to re-sign so what I suspect Bruce will be doing is looking at alternatives (as he should)   Odubajo if he comes in I think may be used on the wing rather than right back, Börner I know nowt about , Bidwell is the one that makes the most sense right now 

47 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

He wasn't first choice for all of it as Iorfa played his part. You could also look at the flip-side and say he was heavily part of the early season team which struggled. Not a dig at Palmer but just think we could and should be looking to improve both full back positions. A massive part of a modern day full back is to support the attack and that's where Palmer and Fox struggle.

I remember looking at a post post from the back end of the Carvalhal era and a team he had put out only had Reach different to the Wembley team from his first season. Freshening and improving a squad is vital for progression, everyone else does it. Not only that Bruce will want to put his own stamp on the team.

Just now, Junk Smuggler said:

He wasn't first choice for all of it as Iorfa played his part. You could also look at the flip-side and say he was heavily part of the early season team which struggled. Not a dig at Palmer but just think we could and should be looking to improve both full back positions. A massive part of a modern day full back is to support the attack and that's where Palmer and Fox struggle.

I remember looking at a post post from the back end of the Carvalhal era and a team he had put out only had Reach different to the Wembley team from his first season. Freshening and improving a squad is vital for progression, everyone else does it. Not only that Bruce will want to put his own stamp on the team.

Can see where your coming from, I’ve seen Palmer have good games and I’ve seen him not look like a footballer but I think he’s far from the weakest link in our side , for me he’s a steady championship full back 

Been honest I think he’s a lad who takes the fans opionins to heart, he’s been slated and it won’t have gone unnoticed , he was set on leaving earlier in the season before his upturn in form and I just dunno wether he will be looking at other options and thinking it’s time for a change