Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

13 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

It’s all rumours and speculation, until owt is confirmed I won’t be worrying 

getting Hector back will be hard if you ask me, and Palmer is yet to re-sign so what I suspect Bruce will be doing is looking at alternatives (as he should)   Odubajo if he comes in I think may be used on the wing rather than right back, Börner I know nowt about , Bidwell is the one that makes the most sense right now 

Sure it is, but that’s all we are discussing, rumours, in a thread about rumours. That may well be scenario, as you describe, though I hope we can secure deals for Palmer, and Hector. Not too bothered about any of the other would be arrivals, though I won’t be as animated as I was when we splurged on Jordan Rhodes

12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Can see where your coming from, I’ve seen Palmer have good games and I’ve seen him not look like a footballer but I think he’s far from the weakest link in our side , for me he’s a steady championship full back 

Been honest I think he’s a lad who takes the fans opionins to heart, he’s been slated and it won’t have gone unnoticed , he was set on leaving earlier in the season before his upturn in form and I just dunno wether he will be looking at other options and thinking it’s time for a change 

Can't fault him if he choose to leave. He may end up getting a better offer. Still may think of himself as a CM too.

Guest wilyfox
12 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Can't fault him if he choose to leave. He may end up getting a better offer. Still may think of himself as a CM too.

Strange thing to say. He's played right-back for 6yrs now, and his recent form there has gotten him into the national team. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
38 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

It’s all rumours and speculation, until owt is confirmed I won’t be worrying 

getting Hector back will be hard if you ask me, and Palmer is yet to re-sign so what I suspect Bruce will be doing is looking at alternatives (as he should)   Odubajo if he comes in I think may be used on the wing rather than right back, Börner I know nowt about , Bidwell is the one that makes the most sense right now 

Bidwell is pants. A totally defensive full back. Not what we need but in theory I agree with you, a left back is much more important than a right back.

12 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Just think what we might have achieved with two decent full backs

Wouldn’t you say, the back five was the one department that Bruce got functioning well Our issues were further forward

11 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

You can also add Mattias and Pudil to that list, so the saving might well be nearer 150k a week.

Doubt very much if Mattias and Pudil were on 25k each. Maybe between them. With all the players gone including some youngsters we might save 150k a week. 

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Wouldn’t you say, the back five was the one department that Bruce got functioning well Our issues were further forward

But your forwards rely on supply. You’re suggesting you’re happy with a full back that whilst defensively sound, isn’t that quick and averages an assist every 30 games. This season he got zero! 

Now I think palmers a solid player, who definitely has a part to play, but if that part is 30-40 starts then get used to scoring fewer goals.

People on here suggesting bidwell is defensive, yet he gets 3 times more assists than Palmer. 

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Palmer not good enough the cover even worse. Hector unlikely to be coming back. I think SB is right to build from the back.

21 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Wouldnt question SBs judgement think he probably knows a great deal more than you. Thats why he is on a 40k a week contract and your voicing opinions on here.

Everyone as the right to an opinion but owlstalk is embarrassing the good thing is fans not on this site have a different perspective 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Everyone as the right to an opinion but owlstalk is embarrassing the good thing is fans not on this site have a different perspective 

Comments like this always make me chuckle.

Having just read your comment on this very forum, I'm pretty sure you're part of Owlstalk.

Are we therefore to infer that you find yourself embarrassing? Or even that you value the opinion of 'fans not on this site' over your own?

If not, and you accept the controversial hypothesis that Owlstalk may not actually be some monolithic hive-mind in which we all share the same opinions, but rather there will be those with whom you agree and those you don't, what makes it any different to the rest of the Wednesday fanbase not on this site?

Having listened to some of the hilariously uninformed drivel spouted by sections of our fanbase in the stands of Hillsborough and the pubs of Sheffield over the years, I'm not sure those not on this site offer any more reliable a perspective, to be honest.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
8 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Can see where your coming from, I’ve seen Palmer have good games and I’ve seen him not look like a footballer but I think he’s far from the weakest link in our side , for me he’s a steady championship full back 

Been honest I think he’s a lad who takes the fans opionins to heart, he’s been slated and it won’t have gone unnoticed , he was set on leaving earlier in the season before his upturn in form and I just dunno wether he will be looking at other options and thinking it’s time for a change 

Maybe. For me I’d like him to stay but only as a squad player. I certainly won’t lose any sleep about it if he decides to move on.

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

But your forwards rely on supply. You’re suggesting you’re happy with a full back that whilst defensively sound, isn’t that quick and averages an assist every 30 games. This season he got zero! 

Now I think palmers a solid player, who definitely has a part to play, but if that part is 30-40 starts then get used to scoring fewer goals.

People on here suggesting bidwell is defensive, yet he gets 3 times more assists than Palmer. 

Yes, we should be looking to get more going forward from our full backs. However, it’s only one aspect of the teams attacking play, and there are others further forward who should be offering more. Maybe too much emphasis has been placed on crosses into Fletcher. Yes it’s playing to his strengths, but it’s all a bit basic I feel. Players feeding off knock downs, is not the way the game is heading. We need a rethink about how we go about breaking teams down, that’s the main challenge for Bruce

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, we should be looking to get more going forward from our full backs. However, it’s only one aspect of the teams attacking play, and there are others further forward who should be offering more. Maybe too much emphasis has been placed on crosses into Fletcher. Yes it’s playing to his strengths, but it’s all a bit basic I feel. Players feeding off knock downs, is not the way the game is heading. We need a rethink about how we go about breaking teams down, that’s the main challenge for Bruce

How about pace down either side provided by overlapping full backs. Rather than 30 yard toe pokes into the box by slow defensive defenders . Or 25 pass moves from our box to the oppositions and then back again caused by a lack of width and pace.

1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

How about pace down either side provided by overlapping full backs. Rather than 30 yard toe pokes into the box by slow defensive defenders . Or 25 pass moves from our box to the oppositions and then back again caused by a lack of width and pace.

All those things come into play. The idea of everything going into Fletcher for him to try and get his head on, is, as I said, a bit basic. I want to see us playing between the lines more, bringing Forestieri into play in areas where he can do real damage. Look to play more balls down the side of the centre backs for the strikers to run onto. Also, so many goals in the championship are scored by players running in behind. When did we last score that type of goal? The only player who can do that is Joao.

Crosses from the full backs are just one way of creating chances, albeit an important one

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

All those things come into play. The idea of everything going into Fletcher for him to try and get his head on, is, as I said, a bit basic. I want to see us playing between the lines more, bringing Forestieri into play in areas where he can do real damage. Look to play more balls down the side of the centre backs for the strikers to run onto. Also, so many goals in the championship are scored by players running in behind. When did we last score that type of goal? The only player who can do that is Joao.

Crosses from the full backs are just one way of creating chances, albeit an important one

We have too many midfielders of similar quality. Forestieri and Bannan in my opinion only 1 should play. What we need is a John Sheridan to thread those passes. For all Bannans huffing and puffing his assist count is fairly low and he tends to dwell on the ball. Reach outscores and assists him. If Lee can comeback in fit then our midfield is far more mobile with Hutchinson mopping up. Speed of movement and thought is what is required. Joa must be at last chance saloon and he needs competition. If we can find a 20 goal pacey forward our prayers would be answered.