Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

McEachran would be interesting. Not the powerhouse DM we need, but an effective replacement for Bannan.

Better than the other option Onomah that's for sure.

Problem is we dont need a effective replacement for Bannan we need an effective partner.

4 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Problem is we dont need a effective replacement for Bannan we need an effective partner.

We need both. Not sure Steve Bruce and co can magically recruit players in the order of relevance. He's more than likely working on another central midfielder.

Guest wilyfox

McEachran is someone I had in mind if we didn't keep Kieran Lee...but we did, so he's not what we need now - unless Lee has a problem?

8 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

We do when Bannan is injured or suspended, someone needs to come in in his place.

Also, somebody who can push him to play well and not rest on his laurels is always a bonus.

17 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

If Bruce likes him that’s good enough for me.

Absolutely, whether it’s Cattermole, Mceachren, or Gary Madine as long as Bruce wants to sign them then I’m happy with that.  The time to complain is if they fail, not before. considering Bruce’s track record of assembling promotion challenging squads is much better than the majority of us on here (championship manager game players aside). 

This whole ‘if Bruce wants him then I’m happy with that’ thing is a bit pathetic. 

There was a thread a while back about Bruce’s good and bad signings.

News flash. They weren’t all good.

Just because he’s a good manager doesn’t mean he can’t make mistakes. Anyone who thinks cattermole will be a good signing is mistaken.

2 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

This whole ‘if Bruce wants him then I’m happy with that’ thing is a bit pathetic. 

Just because he’s a good manager doesn’t mean he can’t make mistakes. Anyone who thinks cattermole will be a good signing is mistaken.

Cattermole isn’t coming here 

1 minute ago, Bigger Guns said:

Tell you what’s pathetic, writing people off before they’ve even set foot through the door....crazy. Not every signing works think everybody acknowledges that but at least give the buggers the chance to fail.

• Like 2

So Bruce will read your posts then react accordingly 

That's clearly true with all managers including Bruce - I suppose it's the % of successful signings compared to other managers that is the measure and even that is subjective.

The key at present seems to be what funds he has; what positions he's targeting and who's available. I know this is obvious but will ultimately determine the collective success come May next year.