Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

30 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

All rumours. Yet used as a stick to beat the club with!  Love our fans. 

Correct all rumours, that's why I put its rumoured.

We have not sold any players of note for years though and there has to be a reason behind that. 

I cant believe that's its because no one is interested or we dont want to let any go.

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Correct all rumours, that's why I put its rumoured.

We have not sold any players of note for years though and there has to be a reason behind that. 

I cant believe that's its because no one is interested or we dont want to let any go.

Jack hunt 

3 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Your right with the prices but sadly no footballer will walk away from a fat contract and take a free . if it was an honorable game Abdi would have walked 2 years ago. Instead he hung around like a bad smell taking every penny of his over inflated unearnt wage.

I meant release them on a free at the end of their contracts.

56 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

All rumours. Yet used as a stick to beat the club with!  Love our fans. 

They are rumours. But since taking over Chansiri has sold 1 player, not enough income from player sales. That is a fact, not beating our club with a stick. 

Too proud to take loss on Rhodes when most can see he is not the player he was. Whatever the truth was about Emanuelson is, it was a waste of money. Stockpiled strikers when we needed a young replacement for Loovens. Took 2 players from Burnley at the end of their careers and paid them a fortune for 2 years.

DC still has a lot to learn.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

3 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

But the root of the problem, is agents and players taking Chansiri for a mug. He needed expert advice from the get go and it seems he lost trust in the commitee pretty soon, when the ultimate leaches latched onto him...big deal players like Abdi, Urby, Jones, Rhodes etc...we'll still be feeling the effects of them today

We paid too much in wages and it is why they take some moving. In some cases thousands per week more than they could have got anywhere else.

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

The reason they are not linked is because we are not realistic over the prices. Its rumoured we want 8m for Joao. 7m for Rhodes and 14m for Forestieri.

And I would hazard a guess we would want about 25m for Reach.

Didn't we turn down a bid for David Jones only for him to never kick a ball for us again.

If we dont want to sell a player then fair enough put a ridiculous price tag on him. But if we do then make sure we accept the first reasonable bid that comes along. Otherwise all we are going to do is hoard players on stupid contracts then release them on a free.

We need to wake up a bit.....

It is wages the players are on what is the problem.

Somebody wanted Jones on loan. We thentold them wages and that was it. Basically we would have had to pay 80% of wage if he had gone on loan. 

We paid too much for many players and that is what is hurting us. 

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

But since taking over Chansiri has sold 1 player, not enough income from player sales.

To sell players someone has to want to buy

what offers have we turned down?

23 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Aye, happen Mr Wilks. lol

There next signing will be someone called Amos and they'll be soon Wool-Packing them in at Oakwell. It's a shame for them another set of local supporters have claimed the Annie Sugden song? :biggrin:

17 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

They are rumours. But since taking over Chansiri has sold 1 player, not enough income from player sales. That is a fact, not beating our club with a stick. 

Too proud to take loss on Rhodes when most can see he is not the player he was. Whatever the truth was about Emanuelson is, it was a waste of money. Stockpiled strikers when we needed a young replacement for Loovens. Took 2 players from Burnley at the end of their careers and paid them a fortune for 2 years.

DC still has a lot to learn.

and he is learning hence SB arrival !

8 minutes ago, Dot said:

Whether there have been offers or not, this regime has got itself into a position where it cannot or will not sell. It is unfeasible to think we have not had offers for just Jack Hunt. 

The wage structure meant that some players weren't prepared to leave.

FF refused to play, within two months was given a payrise.

Weak leadership and a lack of understanding of his environment, but he didn't learn quickly enough.

18 minutes ago, Dot said:

Carlos mentioned one for Reach (although I’m glad we kept him) 

Forestieri to Norwich perhaps?

I had heard Hull made a bid for Bannan and Burnley for Lees a couple of years ago.

Cardiff for Westwood.

Not saying they were wrong to reject all those btw but they are the ones that have been suggested since 2015.