Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

18 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Yes 3 players in before preseason tour not bad early business. Plus a mystery one out there with the squad trialing so plenty of action.

Our major problem is getting players out of the club.

18 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Wouldn't disagree but DC needs to lower expectations on some and there resale value. If he doesn't its likely these players are staying.

I think the Rhodes issue is a key one for us. We either allow some leeway in negotiations to allow him to leave in order to give us some wiggle room for incoming transfers or we look to get as much out of him on the pitch as we can. Having him as just a squad option when he could even be out of the matchday 18 is just not cost effective?

6 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think the Rhodes issue is a key one for us. We either allow some leeway in negotiations to allow him to leave in order to give us some wiggle room for incoming transfers or we look to get as much out of him on the pitch as we can. Having him as just a squad option when he could even be out of the matchday 18 is just not cost effective?

If he stays he will have to play. Well at least some part. Just not cost effective to let him rot in the reserves. Super sub maybe his role as Norwich used him. If we can get 4 million for him I would grab it.

8 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

If he stays he will have to play. Well at least some part. Just not cost effective to let him rot in the reserves. Super sub maybe his role as Norwich used him. If we can get 4 million for him I would grab it.

Was it cost effective when we let McGugan and Abdi rot in the reserves.

Sometimes it's just what happens at football clubs.

Basically what I am saying is if he doesn't move on don't think that that automatically means he will be playing a part for Bruce, he may not as Winnall has found out.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Was it cost effective when we let McGugan and Abdi rot in the reserves.

Sometimes it's just what happens at football clubs.

Basically what I am saying is if he doesn't move on don't think that that automatically means he will be playing a part for Bruce, he may not as Winnall has found out.

Was good enough for Norwich bench and they won the league. He is a goal scorer which we are short of. I would have him on bench in front of some other options who seem to bench warm week in week out. 

48 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Our major problem is getting players out of the club.

But the root of the problem, is agents and players taking Chansiri for a mug. He needed expert advice from the get go and it seems he lost trust in the commitee pretty soon, when the ultimate leaches latched onto him...big deal players like Abdi, Urby, Jones, Rhodes etc...we'll still be feeling the effects of them today

Just now, bigash_swfc said:

But the root of the problem, is agents and players taking Chansiri for a mug. He needed expert advice from the get go and it seems he lost trust in the commitee pretty soon, when the ultimate leaches latched onto him...big deal players like Abdi, Urby, Jones, Rhodes etc...we'll still be feeling the effects of them today

I agree . I blame the majority of this mess on Doyen . The day DC walked in the doir he should have got a proper football man to work slongside him. Someone like Howard Wilkinson , someone who eould stop the leeches shafting him.

5 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Was good enough for Norwich bench and they won the league. He is a goal scorer which we are short of. I would have him on bench in front of some other options who seem to bench warm week in week out. 

Chances are he will play a part. All I am saying if the fact that he is on big money makes no difference.

10 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Yet. Despite how good he is apparently nobody wants to buy him.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Chances are he will play a part. All I am saying if the fact that he is on big money makes no difference.

It does to FFP if he isnt going to play we need to shift him. To be fair to Rhodes unlike Abdi and Mcgugan who you compared him to , he does want to play. Abdi claimed injury and Mcgugan would only play were he wanted too.

8 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

It does to FFP if he isnt going to play we need to shift him. To be fair to Rhodes unlike Abdi and Mcgugan who you compared him to , he does want to play. Abdi claimed injury and Mcgugan would only play were he wanted too.

I am not comparing Rhodes to Abdi and McGugan far from it.

What I am saying is if Bruce don't fancy playing Rhodes he wont. The fact he is on huges sums of money wont make no difference, because if it did then David Jones would hold our record for most appearances.

Edited by pazowl55

Just now, pazowl55 said:

I am not comparing Rhodes to Abdi and McGugan far from it.

What I am saying is if Bruce don't fancy play Rhodes he wont. The fact he is on huges sums of money wont make no difference, because if it did then David Jones would hold our record for most appearances.

I would sell him as I have stated but if we dont then I think Bruce would have him on the bench in front of Nuhui and Winnal. Makes most sense to sell him for 4 million and get his wages off the books but thats DCs call.

19 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

I would sell him as I have stated but if we dont then I think Bruce would have him on the bench in front of Nuhui and Winnal. Makes most sense to sell him for 4 million and get his wages off the books but thats DCs call.

No its not DCS call it's the club  that are willing to pay 4 million and I don’t think there is one