Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Cattermole isn’t coming here 

Never said he was but despite him clearly being past his best and never really being that good anyway people still seem to want him because ‘if Bruce does then that’s good enough’

15 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

This whole ‘if Bruce wants him then I’m happy with that’ thing is a bit pathetic. 

There was a thread a while back about Bruce’s good and bad signings.

News flash. They weren’t all good.

Just because he’s a good manager doesn’t mean he can’t make mistakes. Anyone who thinks cattermole will be a good signing is mistaken.

Wow. Bruce has assembled over 6 squads of top 6 sides in this league.  But sure, let’s criticise his potential signings for us.  Owls fans 

:duntmatter:

Just now, Bigger Guns said:

Never said he was but despite him clearly being past his best and never really being that good anyway people still seem to want him because ‘if Bruce does then that’s good enough’

Think what there doing is showing a bit of faith in the gaffer, u know .. supporting is probably the word am looking for 

Let Bruce bring in who he wants and we’ll judge him at end of season 

14 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Tell you what’s pathetic, writing people off before they’ve even set foot through the door....crazy. Not every signing works think everybody acknowledges that but at least give the buggers the chance to fail.

2 relegations in 2 years, played awful in league one last year but yeh good enough for a team aiming top 6 in championship

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

Wow. Bruce has assembled over 6 squads of top 6 sides in this league.  But sure, let’s criticise his potential signings for us.  Owls fans 

Not disputing that. His record is there for all to see. Doesn’t mean he can’t make mistakes. This is a forum. It’s for opinions. If I think signing cattermole would be a mistake I’m going to say it. That doesn’t mean I don’t trust Bruce. I just think if we sign him and end up pushing top 6 I suspect someone like cattermole will be a bit part player at best

3 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

2 relegations in 2 years, played awful in league one last year but yeh good enough for a team aiming top 6 in championship

Ok i’ll bite... define played awful? Based on what? 

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Think what there doing is showing a bit of faith in the gaffer, u know .. supporting is probably the word am looking for 

My missus has faith in me but when I accidentally stick it in her arse she says I’ve done it wrong and doesn’t wait until the end of the season to do so

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

That long. We normally judge after 3 or 4 games tops...

17 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Cattermole would be good for us for what he is.

A backup option to Hutchinson.

We tried that tactic. Signing has beens and never beens as squad players. Until we start to replace the likes of Hutchinson rather than signing back up for when he inevitable breaks down we won’t progress as a club. 

13 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Cattermole would be good for us for what he is.

A backup option to Hutchinson.

The definition of a bad transfer strategy is signing players “ as backup”

There are plenty of players out there even with our apparent limited funds. I only want signings with the ability to improve our first 11 or at the very least know they are competing for a place in the team.

Signing people as backup was one of the major issues under Carlos and came back to bite us in the bum because he never trusted them to play.

21 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

My opinion. Sunderland fans opinion.

Slow, cumbersome, turning circle of an oil tanker, no urgency

Oh, so not based on facts or evidence, ok seems legit. Thanks for the input. 

3 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Oh, so not based on facts or evidence, ok seems legit. Thanks for the input. 

Never passed it off as fact. As I said in an earlier post this is a forum where people can express opinions. My opinion is that cattermole is awful and would be a bad signing.

Do you care to have an opinion or are you just going to state the obvious that my opinion isn’t a fact.

Edit: My point has actually achieved a bit of debate too which is what the forum is for. What’s yours achieved

Edited by Bigger Guns

24 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

Slow, cumbersome, turning circle of an oil tanker, no urgency

Dunno about Cattermole (perhaps it's accurate in his case) but your description is exactly the one that got pinned on Harry Maguire by many on here a few years ago.

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

Dunno about Cattermole (perhaps it's accurate in his case) but your description is exactly the one that got pinned on Harry Maguire by many on here a few years ago.

Difference between the two is one is old and the other was young. And maguire has other attributes that make up for it such as good in the air, good at reading the game and built like an ox

15 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

We tried that tactic. Signing has beens and never beens as squad players. Until we start to replace the likes of Hutchinson rather than signing back up for when he inevitable breaks down we won’t progress as a club. 

When will our fans understand we can't afford to sign a first team option to replace Hutchinson?