Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

A few of you will know half my family are from Leeds, they all love Jansson

From what I've seen of him he's a very good defender

I'd have him here in a heartbeat

Agree. Allegiances aside, he's one of the top centre backs in the division. Him leaving, will be a massive early blow for Leeds. It also suggests, there's disharmony in their camp? With some of the players they got, the way things finished last season and Bielsa's well known ego and his desire to do things his way and his way only. Things could quickly unravel before the season even starts or early on in the season this time, it seems?

Edited by The Night-Owl

4 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Every chairman every manager makes mistakes for Gods sake move on why dwell in the past. 

We have never in my 50 years had a chairman who's put so much of his wealth into the club let's be thankful we have the man.

And a first class manager who knows this league. 

3 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Meanwhile, while morale sinks, Bruce is sat on his posterior thinking I would love to sign this player but I can’t because he is too good, he would want to play games.

Not everyone can play.

If you have a whole team of players who expect to play week in week out, that's where it goes boobies up.

You need players who you can rely on and call upon when needed, who don't lose morale and confidence because they don't expect to play every game.

13 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Jansson is a good player but a bell end and fell out with Bielsa with that “free equaliser” vs Villa.

Doesnt seem a Wilder type. I saw someone suggest Brentford!

Wilder doesn't care about reputation,the sheffield star ran a piece about Jansson signing for dem blavdes which i then linked to in the mega (we aint signed anyone officially yet) transfer thread.

Edited by DELUDED OWL

4 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Wilder doesn't care about reputation,the sheffield star ran a piece about Jansson signing for dem blavdes which i then linked to in the mega (we aint signed anyone officially yet) transfer thread.

I don’t think he likes bad eggs, but it’s reported by BBC that Brentford are signing him to replace Konza 

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I don’t think he likes bad eggs, but it’s reported by BBC that Brentford are signing him to replace Konza 

Hmmm,what makes a "bad egg" a player who gets proper face on because his manager told his team to let the opposition score a "freebie" in Janssons case,or a guy who likes lamping people or just being  Git in general in Madines case ?

£5.5 MILLION,crikey thats quite a fee for brentford.

• Like 1

Bizarre that Jansson's going to Brentford. That's a cracking signing for them, along with some other impressive business they've recently done. Would've thought a parachute payment or recently promoted club would've happily snapped him up? 

With the way things are going this summer, I could see the likes of Brentford and Bristol City being this season's dark horses, and they might be right up there with the likes of Cardiff and Fulham, who should be a force with their parachute/failure payments?

It seems with the soft embargo/financial hindrance, like being a difficult task even for a proven manager like Bruce. But if anything, we've still got a chance, regardless of what business we do or don't do, merely because we've got Bruce.

16 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Hmmm,what makes a "bad egg" a player who gets proper face on because his manager told his team to let the opposition score a "freebie" in Janssons case,or a guy who likes lamping people or just being  Git in general in Madines case ?

Does sound a lot of money for them. Then again they seem to be a club that buys players and sell them for big profits so guessing they always have a bit of money in the bank for deals like this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

Bizarre that Jansson's going to Brentford. That's a cracking signing for them, along with some other impressive business they've recently done. Would've thought a parachute payment or recently promoted club would've happily snapped him up? 

With the way things are going this summer, I could see the likes of Brentford and Bristol City being this season's dark horses, and they might be right up there with the likes of Cardiff and Fulham, who should be a force with their parachute/failure payments?

It seems with the soft embargo/financial hindrance, like being a difficult task even for a proven manager like Bruce. But if anything, we've still got a chance, regardless of what business we do or don't do, merely because we've got Bruce.

The only thing i would disagree on is Fulham,just don't see Scott Parker doing that well,but hey Lampard made me look like git last season so we'll see.

30 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Hes cited as being disruptive in the dressing room that’s why they are selling him to Brentford. Signing Madine just showed how desperate he was in January in my view. Hope he signs him again. But he might not be a disruptive player. 

Edited by Bluesteel

18 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

The only thing i would disagree on is Fulham,just don't see Scott Parker doing that well,but hey Lampard made me look like git last season so we'll see.

Yeah, that could be their undoing, as well as all the players they signed last season. But, I'd expect them to be in the mix, they should have a few players like Cardiff who know the level and I'd expect them to splash the cash or wheel and deal before the season starts. To be honest at present, play offs are our best hope but if Bruce isn't backed enough, we don't sell anyone and fail to bring in Bruce's top targets, then top 6 would realistically be difficult. However, the Championship is unpredictable and gruelling, anything can happen, Bruce knows that and as long has we've got him, we've got a chance but he'll really have to work his magic, and test and utilise every bit of his experience and knowledge, it seems.

Edited by The Night-Owl

4 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Brentford have been a huge selling club for years, they finished above us last season. 

They wouldn't spend that much, if they thought it wasn't their time. Big statement, if true

Not just him they've signed or signing. Just like Bristol City, they're recouping lots and spending smartly but going more for it this summer. They both might have even more to spend soon too, with rumours of big money moves for a couple of their players to the top flight. The way they're both selling and recruiting, as a hint of Norwich last season about it?